Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-08-2020, 06:10 PM   #1
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
CEL P0301 P015B 7 P015D

Currently the vehicle has Rotofab, Kooks headers, Green Cats and Dyno Tune.

The modifications have been on the vehicle for over 8 years. In September/October of 2019 I was driving on the highway and I could feel a misfire but no CEL was on. I continued to drive until the lights all came on and had it towed to the dealership. They replaced the spark plug on cylinder 1. I had them do it because I was going to have to pay 1.0 hour diag anyways. At this time they also replaced the supercharger.

I took the vehicle out on Sunday WOT it 1st through 3rd and after I started cruising it started missing again. Took it home and had a misfire on cylinder 4, P015B & D would not clear. They read permanent faults. I replaced the spark plug and took it to fill up with gas. It misfired 1 time but no light. I filled up and left still no misfires. I then WOT through 1st gear then when I hit 2nd it started again. Took it home and now I have a misfire on cylinder 1, P015B & D are still present.

I really don't know what else this could be. I was thinking there is something electrical getting pulled on under WOT and there is a loose connection somewhere. I've been looking at it for hour for connection issues but do not see anything. Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited by AMCBimmer; 03-10-2020 at 06:46 AM.
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
SSammy

Drives: 2015 2SS A6 Commemorative Edition
You could try swapping the #1 fuel injector with #3. When you changed the plug, what color was it?
SSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
It already has a new plug. I could tell it was new compared to the others. How hard is it to change fuel injectors?

Last edited by AMCBimmer; 03-09-2020 at 04:58 AM.
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
SSammy

Sorry, I didn’t notice you responded. Not difficult, about a 20 minute deal. If you still have your engine cover on, remove it. You’ll see the fuel rails, one on each side of the intake manifold. Probably have to move a hose or two first, then loosen the fasteners (don’t remember, I think there’s 3 or 4 per rail) for the fuel rail and disconnect the injector plugs. Bleed the schrader valve on the rail, then pry up on the rail and the injectors should, but don’t always, come out with it. Don’t get any dirt in the injectors, rail, etc.

You shouldn’t need to, but if you decide to remove the rails completely, you’ll have to remove the retainer, after bleeding the rail, then you’ll need a fuel line tool (look like weird little pliers, about $10 at O’reilly) to pop the line loose. If you do decide to unhook the fuel line, don’t forget to bleed the air out of it after the install.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:22 PM   #5
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSammy View Post
Sorry, I didn’t notice you responded. Not difficult, about a 20 minute deal. If you still have your engine cover on, remove it. You’ll see the fuel rails, one on each side of the intake manifold. Probably have to move a hose or two first, then loosen the fasteners (don’t remember, I think there’s 3 or 4 per rail) for the fuel rail and disconnect the injector plugs. Bleed the schrader valve on the rail, then pry up on the rail and the injectors should, but don’t always, come out with it. Don’t get any dirt in the injectors, rail, etc.

You shouldn’t need to, but if you decide to remove the rails completely, you’ll have to remove the retainer, after bleeding the rail, then you’ll need a fuel line tool (look like weird little pliers, about $10 at O’reilly) to pop the line loose. If you do decide to unhook the fuel line, don’t forget to bleed the air out of it after the install.
A little more than 20 mins on and LSA. If it’s never been taken off you may have to notch the supercharger on the front second to right bolt to get a wrench on it.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:40 PM   #6
SSammy

Sorry, didn’t catch that it was an LSA. I was thinking LS3/L99. Guess I found my way to the wrong page
Old 03-12-2020, 10:49 PM   #7
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSammy View Post
Sorry, didn’t catch that it was an LSA. I was thinking LS3/L99. Guess I found my way to the wrong page
Np, it’s the ZL 1 forum.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote