Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #71
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
I have had a hand full of cars already and haven't kept any of them. I really do miss my '70 Skylark. So many people say, "I wish I had never gotten rid of that one." I don't want to say that with my Camaro. I will keep her until I can't drive any more.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #72
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
Mine is a company car so if something happens to my job it's gone. On the other hand it will be in my driveway for the next 6 years. Mileage will not make a difference in how long I have it, so drive drive drive. I might get the chance to buy it out after the 6 years or trade it in.

And yes I did make special concessions in order to get a Camaro Convertible.
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #73
simonmcnasty
The Juggernaught

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
As much as I've enjoyed and love this car I'd be surprised if I still own it a year or so from now. I've already begun to think about the next possible toy, etc.

+1 like its already been stated, in my world all material goods are for sale for the right price.

I change cars so often my wife says I should get a vanity plate that says "For Sale"

2010 IBM 2SS RS / LG G6X3 Cam / 1 7/8" Kooks headers / Hi-Flo Cats / ADM Cold air / Magnaflow 3" exhaust / UD Pulley / Sam Miller Tune / SAE 481RWHP 441RWTQ / Eibach Pro-kit / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Elite Catch Can / DRL Harness and AAC Plasma bulbs
simonmcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #74
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
As much as I've enjoyed and love this car I'd be surprised if I still own it a year or so from now. I've already begun to think about the next possible toy, etc.

Say it ain't so!!!!! :(
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #75
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I plan on keeping mine forever...anyone that knows me knows that I bought the car from my best friend who managed a Chevy dealership in Virginia...we had re-connected online after many many years apart...

I got the car, and I got the chance to see my long-lost best friend once again after so long...sadly, he died this past June, the day I got home form Oshawa and the Camaro Plant Tour...my car will forever be connected to my friend, and I like to think that he is with me every time I turn the key...

I always regretted selling my '76 Firebird and swore I would never make that mistake again...I hope to get the chance to drive my HWAY STR until they have to pry the keys from my cold, dead, hands!!!

Here is a photo of my buddy handing me the keys on delivery day - 5.19.09
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #76
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Put it this way........

I will continue to own and drive my Camaro until I am no longer physically capable of doing so.

Once I have died a hole in the ground large enough to fit a 2010 Camaro will be dug. My body will be placed inside the Camaro in the drivers seat. My camaro (and me) will be lowered into the ground, at which point they will fill the hole back up with dirt.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #77
ChriSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black and IOM
I ordered my car from the dealer i got her exactly the way i wanted. I had to wait 9 long weeks for her to get here i am never going to trade her in
Attached Images

ChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #78
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I plan on keeping mine as long as humanly possible.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #79
HzMajesty

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
Send a message via MSN to HzMajesty
i had a dream last night... in that dream i was thinking about selling my SS... a buyer was lined up too... then i woke up from that nightmare!! (truestory).
JRE Tuned - ARH LT 1-7/8 w/Cats - JRE Rear 4.11 - Borla "S" Cat-Back - CAI by CAI - H&R drop - HURST Shifter - BMR Tunnel Brace; 4 Point Brace; Adjustable Toe Rod; Rear Trailing Arms - Sphon Control Arms - MTI Racing w/Fire Sleeves - Stealth Ambers - GTS Tails - Phantom Grille - Concept LED Sidemarkers - Blacked out logos - Hotchkis Bars & End links - BMR Front Driveshaft Loop (install soon) - BMR Subframe connectors (install soon)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3813191#
HzMajesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #80
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
I plan on keeping mine forever...anyone that knows me knows that I bought the car from my best friend who managed a Chevy dealership in Virginia...we had re-connected online after many many years apart...

I got the car, and I got the chance to see my long-lost best friend once again after so long...sadly, he died this past June, the day I got home form Oshawa and the Camaro Plant Tour...my car will forever be connected to my friend, and I like to think that he is with me every time I turn the key...

I always regretted selling my '76 Firebird and swore I would never make that mistake again...I hope to get the chance to drive my HWAY STR until they have to pry the keys from my cold, dead, hands!!!

Here is a photo of my buddy handing me the keys on delivery day - 5.19.09
really sorry to hear about your freind. Just lost a freind of13 years so i know how you feel.. i know i plan on keeping my cars for as long as possible. so far my 72 camaro i have had since 1997, drove it thru high school so theres plenty of sentiment there. as for the 93 z28 it was my dream car when i saw it in person in the summer of 1992 . so when the right opportunity came along in 2005 i literally stole this one and built it to my liking. now the 2010, i knew right away when i seen the leaked pictures, 2006 concept and the road & track video i would have one the day it was released. i held myself to it and ordered it in october of 2008 and took delivery in june 09. love all 3 equally

Last edited by ex-SS-ve; 01-05-2012 at 01:06 AM.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #81
Bangarang

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SIM w/ Carbon Fiber
I'm torn between trading mine for an SS or ZL1 in a year or so, or just buying a Corvette and keeping my V6 as a DD. I love my car but I know I want a more powerful V8 sooner or later.
Bangarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #82
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I will give up my SS when they pry the steering wheel from my cold, dead hands!
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #83
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
When I was looking for a car, people said I should keep resale value in mind. I laughed and ignored them. I'm keeping my car as long as possible, never ever will I trade/sell her. Not even for an SS like most these V6 members end up doing. Although it surprised me that in an recent article that the Camaro is one of the best value-keeping car.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #84
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
I plan on buying two burial lots, so I can be buried in it.

I think it's timeless and I'll keep it to the end.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote