Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Law Enforcement must love Camaros!

Never in my life have I been pulled over this much. 5 times since April, 2 were speeding tickets (my fault), the 3rd I got a warning, the 4th time the officer thought my brights were on which they weren't, and last night I got pulled over for tinted windows but the cop didn't give me a ticket.

But those are just the times they stopped me. If I'm out at night the police will fall in behind me with their headlights turned off and follow me for a while like they're a ninja. I must have a criminal look about me or something.

I'm going to have to start keeping a fresh box of Krispy Kreme's in my car since me and the coppers are spending so much time together.

Is this how the police recruit new officers? Ya know, they keep pulling you over until you join the club?

Thank God they haven't checked the trunk yet!

Disclaimer: I'm not complaining about police officers I just find my new popularity to be a bit...alarming.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
This must be in the 'burbs. I can't immagine this kind of attention in the city.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I would think the police in Chicago would have a lot more important things to worry about considering the city's homicide rate.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Never in my life have I been pulled over this much. 5 times since April, 2 were speeding tickets (my fault), the 3rd I got a warning, the 4th time the officer thought my brights were on which they weren't, and last night I got pulled over for tinted windows but the cop didn't give me a ticket.

But those are just the times they stopped me. If I'm out at night the police will fall in behind me with their headlights turned off and follow me for a while like they're a ninja. I must have a criminal look about me or something.

I'm going to have to start keeping a fresh box of Krispy Kreme's in my car since me and the coppers are spending so much time together.

Is this how the police recruit new officers? Ya know, they keep pulling you over until you join the club?

Disclaimer: I'm not complaining about police officers I just find my new popularity to be a bit...alarming.
if they are following you without any lights on Ie headlights, Get their car # and file a complaint, they have to follow the same rules of the road we do. Don't call 911 for this but the main pd # will do and tell them you want to file a complaint against an officer.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanvoice View Post
This must be in the 'burbs. I can't immagine this kind of attention in the city.
Yup Chicago's Northwest suburbs. Elmhurst, Maywood, and Melrose Park (my town), oh and River Grove.

It's funny though, the boys are all business and then they ask me about my engine and mods so they have the "authorita!" and they're gear heads.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I would think the police in Chicago would have a lot more important things to worry about considering the city's homicide rate.
That's in the city and in those areas I would never make it out alive. Gangbangers shoot at Camaros (and other sports cars) out there or they think you want to buy drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
if they are following you without any lights on Ie headlights, Get their car # and file a complaint, they have to follow the same rules of the road we do. Don't call 911 for this but the main pd # will do and tell them you want to file a complaint against an officer.
I think they are waiting to see what I'm going to do. Usually you get a 10 mph buffer on the limit and most of our streets the limit is constantly changing. On one road you go from 30-35-40-45-30-50 and so on and if you miss one sign you can easily be 15-20 over the limit. It's weird.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
FloppyJackson

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My advice, get a V1. Been driving mine in the Chicago Western burbs since March 2010 and I've never been pulled over. I also have what you would call a "lead foot". What percentage tint do you have? It's legal in IL up to 35% I believe.
FloppyJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:

Maybe it's your bad driving??
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyJackson View Post
My advice, get a V1. Been driving mine in the Chicago Western burbs since March 2010 and I've never been pulled over. I also have what you would call a "lead foot". What percentage tint do you have? It's legal in IL up to 35% I believe.
I'm not sure, tinted windows were on my 2SS when I bought it but the cop put a meter on the window and it said only 18% of light can get through. He said he just wanted to talk to me about it as safety concern.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Yup Chicago's Northwest suburbs. Elmhurst, Maywood, and Melrose Park (my town), oh and River Grove.

It's funny though, the boys are all business and then they ask me about my engine and mods so they have the "authorita!" and they're gear heads.
Right on. I grew up in the Southwest suburbs.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Fiveg56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
Not true...may of the rules of the road do not apply to the police.

For example, officers in MN are allowed to turn off headlights/tail lights at night to investigate violations of law. Feel free to look it up.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Not true...may of the rules of the road do not apply to the police.

For example, officers in MN are allowed to turn off headlights/tail lights at night to investigate violations of law. Feel free to look it up.
suppose it's different everywhere, they get in a lot of trouble for running lights and generally doing stupid things while driving here.
one of the leo's I know got suspended for flashing his blues to run a red light.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Maybe it's your bad driving??
Like maybe I swerve too much? I actually did think about that and wondered if my driving sucks but it isn't me. I've asked people that were in the car with me and they aren't seeing anything I'm doing wrong.

Besides if it was me the cops would have told me.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Fiveg56

Quote:
Besides if it was me the cops would have told me.
True