Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 01-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #155
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Old 01-26-2015, 08:15 AM   #156
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
But they are also planning a Thursday track event so it is a matter of doing road race 2 days & maybe missing out on some of the drag racing &/or autocross???????? And I want to run bracket AND V6 class (if they have one).
I definitely think the track day on Thursday would be better. I would like to be involved with as much as C5 Fest as possible, but honestly I want to run this track more than anything. I seriously hope they work something out for Thursday. I particularly hope they figure something out before all the slots on Friday's track are booked. It's interesting that this event has nothing to do with C5 Fest, yet here it is being advertised in a C5 Fest thread. Peculiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
I took a look at the typical C5Fest calendar, and I think I'm going to limit my track day to the Thursday event. It would be fun to do both days but honestly I am coming to C5Fest for the people. I can come back to the NCM track another time, but this is my only chance this year to meet up with y'all. If C5Fest was way out west this year I would be completely bummed, not because I would have missed some track, but because I would have missed the social events. So, I'll be sticking to the main C5Fest events Fri/Sat. (But boy do I wish that NCM track event that is set up for Friday would be on Wednesday instead)

Pete
Agreed, I want my cake and eat it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sorry guys. I have been completely out of pocket lately....tons of stuff going on and well...we haven't been able to communicate quite as much as we want.

I'm trying to get with the others to figure out all the logistics of a Thursday track day....along with a Friday track day...or possibly a break for doing both.

But most importantly, we are trying to figure out how all of this is going to affect the fest as that is our priority. If the fest tanks....I'm concerned how that could affect next years fest. We still need to have our in house chat and make a decision. Believe me...I want this wrapped up one way or the other.
Understood, fingers crossed that we'll hear something one way or another soon.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #157
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
I think the Friday Road Coarse is great! It gives us people that are not into Drag Racing or Auto Cross something to do all day Friday.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #158
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
id like to have a big crew of us to run both days. i emailed the seat time guys to offer my help and id help on thursday also if needed. honestly it would be easier for me to just pay my entry fee and run my car and only have to worry about that. i wasnt trying to rush you guys but if we knew all the details of all the events, it would help everyone make a decision. i think because michaels registration is up, it makes us think, well whats going on on thursday.
this is not an official C5 fest thread. it was started by a member who was wondering about it i think.
thanks for the official reply, it calms us down to know yall are pickin up what wez a layin down.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #159
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
I'm pretty sure we will be arriving on Thursday, and can't make it for a track day after all that travelling. The Friday track day works perfect for us.
Attached Images

Last edited by stratman2SSRS; 01-26-2015 at 08:36 PM.
stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #160
JOHNSONROD

ill run thursday if they get it figured out. it sounds like friday is when the big boys are coming out so im definitely running friday. fridays event will fill up as it gets down close to time to run it. i finally got paid for a job i was waiting on so im going to register soon. what class is everyone running?
Old 01-30-2015, 06:22 AM   #161
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
I believe I am going to forgo Thursday and go on Friday. This way I can travel down with the ohio caravan
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #162
JOHNSONROD

cool tom, it will be good to see ya again. you will love this track.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #163
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
ill run thursday if they get it figured out. it sounds like friday is when the big boys are coming out so im definitely running friday. fridays event will fill up as it gets down close to time to run it. i finally got paid for a job i was waiting on so im going to register soon. what class is everyone running?
I'm thinking I want to follow you around the track for the first session out on the track to get the proper lines.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #164
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Quote:
id like to have a big crew of us to run both days. i emailed the seat time guys to offer my help and id help on thursday also if needed. honestly it would be easier for me to just pay my entry fee and run my car and only have to worry about that. i wasnt trying to rush you guys but if we knew all the details of all the events, it would help everyone make a decision. i think because michaels registration is up, it makes us think, well whats going on on thursday.
this is not an official C5 fest thread. it was started by a member who was wondering about it i think.
thanks for the official reply, it calms us down to know yall are pickin up what wez a layin down.
Thanks for the offer for helping out, we will keep you posted.
Thursday's event is still in the works, we are still hoping to have a 2 day NCM track event, it may be that 2 different company's (people) run 1 day from the other.
As far as wanting to follow some lead cars, I have invited several of my corvette friends out with lots of experience at that track, I also highly recommend taking a ride with Reese Cox owner of MTI Racing in 1 of his cars.
As far as Friday's event interfering with the drag racing event, I could be wrong, but from what I've been told is the only thing going on at the drag strip is test and tune.
I am sure Friday is the host hotel meet and greet/party.
Michael
Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #165
JOHNSONROD

sounds like you have it covered. im just going to pay my money and focus on having fun.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #166
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Quote:
sounds like you have it covered. im just going to pay my money and focus on having fun.
That's the GOAL for everyone to have fun.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #167
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I want to sign up but waiting to hear about Thursday event?
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #168
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I want to sign up but waiting to hear about Thursday event?
I'm in the same boat too
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote