Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 12-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #57
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Black2SS View Post
Used the suction cup mount to and put it on my sunroof with the camera turned upside down. I don't like the fact that you can't see up the track all that much with the mirror in the way. Going to try something different next time.
I got it now. Like the view, but I don't have a sunroof.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #58
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Interested in taking a parade lap. I'd love to take on the course but I don't think I can burn up that much tire.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #59
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
I'd Like to do this too, this would give me a reason to go, I'm sick of them not having a road course after getting me addicted at fest II, I'd like t o see how other people would feel if there wasn't a dragstrip

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #60
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP'N B View Post
I'd Like to do this too, this would give me a reason to go, I'm sick of them not having a road course after getting me addicted at fest II, I'd like t o see how other people would feel if there wasn't a dragstrip
It would be good to see you again capt n B.

Forrest
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #61
ZLeeper

Drives: .
Count me in. Nothing like a little fun in the rolling hills of Kentucky.
ZLeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #62
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
$100 for two hot laps at the vette road course is what I'm reading
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #63
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Hot Laps = Helmets

Guided parade laps ok.

Hot laps are especially dangerous in the first few laps, tire grip and handling always a concern.

I am sure there will be many safety rules so that we all can drive home too, these are STREET cars first and Track cars second. No passing allowed in turns and must wave to pass on straights are all probably going to be part of the rules. Even out braking into a corner can throw off an inexperienced driver being passed. Once a thread gets opened up with details, I would recommend 3 20 minute hot lap sessions per hour with a 20 minute pause for parade lappers, 1 beginner. 1 intermediate and 1 advanced. There are several on here that can help classify where you need to run.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #64
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I have a silly question. What if we have people like myself that don't want to road race their car, but would love to have a parade lap on the course. We could pay a fee, and that possibly could help off set some the money that the racing folks have to pay. Maybe have a few breaks during the day for us to do this? Just a thought...
Will definitely take this under consideration Christine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
Where did you read that?

That would be a rip-off.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #65
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Old 12-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #66
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
LOL... SN
Old 12-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #67
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Sounds fun. I could be in for a parade lap.....tires are expensive
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #68
2011Black2SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Hot Laps = Helmets

Guided parade laps ok.

Hot laps are especially dangerous in the first few laps, tire grip and handling always a concern.

I am sure there will be many safety rules so that we all can drive home too, these are STREET cars first and Track cars second. No passing allowed in turns and must wave to pass on straights are all probably going to be part of the rules. Even out braking into a corner can throw off an inexperienced driver being passed. Once a thread gets opened up with details, I would recommend 3 20 minute hot lap sessions per hour with a 20 minute pause for parade lappers, 1 beginner. 1 intermediate and 1 advanced. There are several on here that can help classify where you need to run.
That's about the format that 10/10ths usually runs, they do 30 minute sessions without the parade laps. They do usually open it up for parade laps during lunch though. The beginners can only pass by point by on certain straights, intermediate they let pass anywhere as long as they are pointed by, and the advanced pass without a point by.

Typically most groups that you run with will put you in the beginners class, but for someone that has done a lot of driving outside of road courses (autox, police officers, etc) and being stuck in the beginner class sucks at that rate, so having someone to help classify where you would be versus just putting you in what they think you should be in would be nice.

I typically run in the intermediate class, but as you can see from the video I posted above, there were quite a few cars / drivers that were either scared of the course of shouldn't have been in that class.
2011Black2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #69
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I have a silly question. What if we have people like myself that don't want to road race their car, but would love to have a parade lap on the course. We could pay a fee, and that possibly could help off set some the money that the racing folks have to pay. Maybe have a few breaks during the day for us to do this? Just a thought...
Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind a parade lap at all and think this is something we could work out during a lunch break.

As far as going this once per hour to give the others a break, that doesn't look like it's going to happen. We want to give the paid drivers as much track time as possible and if we have 4 heats running 22/23 per heat at 15-20 min each, we are going to run them back to back as much as possible until lunch. While we do lunch, non racers will go for a parade lap at a minimal expense which can later be donated to a special cause or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
The track just rents the facility and provides corner and safety workers. The group renting the track sets the schedule and the run groups.
The track will provide corner workers at $170 a day and there are 17 corner workers needed. Um...no. LOL. Whoever is going to be racing will end up working a corner several times. That's just how it's going to have to be. Either that or the price would go up per driver to cover the extra $5,780 cost of corner workers. As with any auto x event anyone's been to before, if you are racing, you are working at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk2K View Post
I'm soooo excited now. I was holding off on booking a room until I found out this was a go. AWESOME!

I think we'll get a lot more people out to the fest with the RC. It's going to be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
Don't think we are going to do hot laps. Parade lap, sure. We'll discuss this a bit more later on but right now...this is about getting those who participate as much track time as they can get.

AND AGAIN.....there is a LOT to have come together to make this work. We are working on a two day event. It's a LOT to do right now, but it's in the works. No worries...we have plenty of time. The track is held right now for those two days. SO...we are all good for now.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #70
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Black2SS View Post
I am in for this, ran it in October of this year and it is a fun course. Watching the video again, I have a lot of time I can cut off!

WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG?!?!

That was some great driving! Can't wait!!! I'd love to get some other types of cars in there to play with our ZL1's. It'd be nice to have some vettes, porches, and others. Heck, yeah...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote