Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #29
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
yeah same here..i bought my car right off the lot on impulse..well traded my tahoe for it. but i then asked after getting about the highwing, which they had on an "add on" poster, i asked and they said to just call when i wanted it..i was too excited that day to worry about it but once i called back they explained to me that they actually made the spoiler before they made the car, and that once the car was finished the spoiler was too big or just didnt fit right so they had to scrap the entire production of them and start over. i was then told back in may that they would be available during the second week of july..i called back then he, the products guy at my dealership, said that the spoiler would be out soon and he would keep on the production guys asses about a release date..that was the second week of july and the last time i heard from them..like i said there is an aftermarket spoiler thats not the dovetail which is the sawtooth and i hate it..not saying its not cool its just not for me. but you think someone would takle this since they know that there would be a market for it and GM hasnt released their yet..if i were a parts producer that would have been the first mod i made for the new camaro..something cheap to make and easy to build that would sell like hot cakes. especially to people who want to make their cars different..i for one just want it cause i think its Coooo.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #30
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6liter View Post
I know a lot of people will say ricer, but this is what I want to put on my car. I want a Spoiler simular to a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR.
I love it on the skyline, but I'm not to sure how it would look on the maro.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:44 AM   #31
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

i have seen some "2010 camaro high wing spoilers" on google.i type those very words in quotations in google search then use the shopping link to see what all is available on the net..it shows everything on sale on the net and its really useful. it shows that a couple companies have the spoiler and i know for a fact that they infact do not have the spoilers cause ive called and asked them. however there are now those same spoilers on ebay and ive tried to contact the sellers but ive had no reply..anyone know if anyone has them yet or not???
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
The high wing spoiler from GM is not ready yet. The company originally contracted to do the high wing spoilers went bankrupt. So.....obviously GM had to go looking elsewhere. I will attempt to find out more info. But, this is happening with several aftermarket parts.

Don't worry, GM isn't holding back on purpose. It'll be here.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:34 AM   #33
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
GM's probably also waiting to get back up senscors on the cars. You add the high wing plus the blind spots the are already on these cars you will just about be backing up blind! The high wing never been my style but I would like to see one on just so I could either say yeah looks great but something I wouldn't do or say god that's hideous and what were they thinking. So If you ever find one post some pics. And post on if it makes backing even worse or if it's about the same? Good luck finding them. Have you tryed contacting companies who build the high wings and maybe if you live close enough they may need a car to make specs of and you cam help em out?
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 AM   #34
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah im trying to find something out..that homepage thread is a punch in the face, cause it hasnt even been a couple days since i posted on this thread about if they were any new info on it, and now they said they cancelled the program altogether. so thats really crappy. i talked to Rick Bottom on his thread about his sema car and mentioned that it would be cool if he made a "wing" style spoiler alone to sell. and he said he thought it would be a great idea with a nice market in addition..he said he would think about it and would start on it after SEMA if he decided to actually go through with it. *fingers crossed* rick doesn insane work and his stuff looks amazing..and hes a great guy too, so im sure if anyone could do it right it would be him.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #35
SSPROJECT
barbarianmotorsports

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
the street scene is this one i love this one. check it out
Attached Images

SSPROJECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #36
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I am starting to anticipate 6Litreater's retro-inspired spoiler:

[
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #37
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Some folks just build their own, no since waiting around.
Attached Images

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #38
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah ima take a car hood and just stand it straigt up on the rear of my car..thanks for all of the posts guys.maby an aftermarket vendor will see this thread and make us a spoiler with some air under it..thats all im asking for.not some huge ugle out of place joe dirt spoiler, but something with a little air between the bottom of the spoiler and the trunk..something like the 90s model firebirds..but with some meat to it..something actually like the GM high wing spoiler but not soo high. i was actually going to take the high wing i had preordered and have around 3 inches cut off of that to make it more flush with the car..looked great in the renderings i done..we should all talk to rick bottom about it and let him know that there would be a market for such an item..i said something to him about it and he said that he might just make a high wing inspired spoiler after sema.so i think he definately would make something with some clearance if he knew how big a market it would have.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #39
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
yeah ima take a car hood and just stand it straigt up on the rear of my car..thanks for all of the posts guys.maby an aftermarket vendor will see this thread and make us a spoiler with some air under it..thats all im asking for.not some huge ugle out of place joe dirt spoiler, but something with a little air between the bottom of the spoiler and the trunk..something like the 90s model firebirds..but with some meat to it..something actually like the GM high wing spoiler but not soo high. i was actually going to take the high wing i had preordered and have around 3 inches cut off of that to make it more flush with the car..looked great in the renderings i done..we should all talk to rick bottom about it and let him know that there would be a market for such an item..i said something to him about it and he said that he might just make a high wing inspired spoiler after sema.so i think he definately would make something with some clearance if he knew how big a market it would have.
You know the joe dirt spoiler won a lot of races for chrysler in nascar in the early 70's and ended up being outlawed. Chrysler had to put them on factory cars to get them approved for nascar. It had very little to do with looks.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #40
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
Go to carid.com ask for Chris he will hook you up with it, its in stock.

Inferno2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #41
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

no ima huge fan of the joe dirt spoiler..that is my one argument when people say that higher spoilers are "ricer" and only on foreign cars..i tell them that american muscle has had spoilers of all shapes and sizes even when most of japan was still riding scooters and pull carts..and as for that saw tooth spoiler i personally cant stand the way it looks..sorry..LOL..looks like a cheap cavalier style and i think it devalues the look of the car..guess thats what many people think of the high wing one too..lol.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #42
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

but still very thankful they took the time to make that.maybe theyll make something that resembles the high wings look..with the grooves and the thickness of it. that reminds me of the 80s camaro spoiler but rounded off a bit..right???