Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #15
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarendor View Post
I did it with long tube headers already installed but I cheated after about 5min. LoL

I was able to lift them up and cut off the bottom bolt with my sawzall.
Aftermarket mounts pop right in after that?
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:07 AM   #16
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose517 View Post
So figured i'd just pop into this thread as i got my BMR mounts today and want to install them. Is it possible to do this without removing long tube headers? Hoping to tackle it here in a bit but i have a feeling that's gonna be the holdup and I'd rather not if i can help it (I'm on a gravel driveway, don't have anywhere to park it sadly that isn't to work). Seeing good advice though otherwise.
Mine were off when I did mine. The extra space was a welcome. If I were to do them again, I'd pull the headers. Probably is a way around it, but the headers in these cars are fairly easy to remove and install
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:01 AM   #17
moose517

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
Mine were off when I did mine. The extra space was a welcome. If I were to do them again, I'd pull the headers. Probably is a way around it, but the headers in these cars are fairly easy to remove and install
Yeah not having a garage just waiting on a not raining day to pull the headers so i can do it. Also using the opportunity to get my headers wrapped like i wanted to do when i installed them and ended up not doing so LOL. Figure two birds with one stone. This time i won't be stupid enough to leave the spark plugs in and crack one again (i was naive and thought i could slip the headers in without removing them.
moose517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #18
moose517

Drives: 2013 1SS
Got the mounts in thursday and got my headers wrapped and back in Friday. Didn't get a chance to go for a drive till this morning. The feel is incredible, but I believe I'm sitting just off straight now with the motor, the one is slightly angled forward which I believe is pulling the rear end of the transmission out of alignment enough that I think I'm getting some driveshaft binding.

My thinking is to just get back under, loosen the bottom side nuts a hair, use a prybar to straighten it out some from the rear of the transmission since it'll give me more leverage. Would this be the best way you think to correct it?
moose517 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help me, help please, motor, motor mounts