Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Transmission / Driveline

Old 11-02-2022, 08:03 PM   #1
ZL1_Chris
ZL1_Chris

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Camaro
Centerforce slave cylinder bleeding troubles

Hello all. Long time camaro owner and enthusiast but New to the forum. Hoping to find some input with what I now suspect to be a simple bleeding issue. I am installing a spec stage 2+ super twin clutch & flywheel kit and centerforce slave cylinder, beginning to think both of those purchases may have been thought out better but that's for another day. Problem we are having is after Installing everything and having difficulty bleeding the centerforce slave so we tried turning over the engine but the starter wouldn't turn the engine over. We origionally thought maybe the flywheel was bad or wrong. after scoping and not seeing anything we removed the transmission to inspect further . Removed the flywheel and compared to OE, Matched perfect . We reinstalled everything today and tested the starter engagement with a secondary starter switch and everything engaged terrifically and turned over as it should with the clutch and flywheel fully installed. Bolted the tranny back just to insure everything was still good and tried agian but instead of turning over we got the same dragging as before, trans is in neutral. I'm leaning towards not being able to disengage the clutch due to not being able to bleed it as being the problem. Going to return the centerforce slave and get an OE slave overnighted from Tick with new braided line, speed bleeder and there support, hopefully that will fix the problem but any input would help.
ZL1_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:35 AM   #2
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
You probably checked this, but I'll mention it for the benefit of the forum. There may have been a setup procedure for the clutch. I'll attach my video below of what I mean, but essentially the friction plate between the floating plate and the flywheel has a spacing requirement to insure it spins when disengaged. If this is too tight, the clutch won't disengage. There is also a measurement for the slave throwout bearing and pressure plate relationship that must be correct or it won't engage or disengage properly. It hopefully only needs a bleed.

I have the Tick Speed Bleeder and loved it. Good choice on including that. I also used the OE slave to ensure disengagement. Even though I chose OE, I still have a .050" discrepancy on my measurements over the OE clutch and can only resolve it by cutting the McLeod flywheel down more. It works so I leave alone.
https://youtu.be/EbmA6-BloP4

FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #3
ZL1_Chris
ZL1_Chris

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Camaro
Update: Found the Centerforce slave cylinder center too long and was being forced into the center of the clutch disk preventing the engine from rotating. Ended up ordering the Tilton adjustable Slave cylinder on tick recommendations with the tick speed bleeder, upgraded clutch line and reservoir. Thanks for the suggestion, enjoyed the Videos & Subscribed.
Attached Images

ZL1_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:52 PM   #4
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Awesome!

Glad to hear you found your problem.

Thanks for watching too!
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote