Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 06-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
danyy1931

Drives: All black 2017 camaro twin turbo1LT
Camaro 1LT RAIN FLOOD SOAKED CARPETS AND WATER CAME OUT THE EXHAUST WHEN STARTED

Couple days ago it rained and there was a flood warning my car was parked on the side of the street and the water got up exhaust level. When did first started my car the next day water splashed out like a fire hydrant. I didn’t know what happened I let it run for a while. When I opened the door the inside was moist. And the rubber mats were wet. I thought to myself this couldn’t possibly be hppening. And I checked all my carpets and mats and they were all flooded with water on each side. I soaked up some water with towels but was really concerned because my car is brand new only 20 months old. I drove it none of the electric system was damaged. But the carpets and were really wet. It’s been three days and I’m still concerned so I took it to the dealership. They didn’t do anything about said all they could do is dry out the carpet and I should call my insurance company and not drive it because there could be water in the engine. My insurance company said the same. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone? I’m very concerned because you worry about other damages but not damage like this.
danyy1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
1) this is in the wrong section.

2) Its not likely the water got into the engine, although possible.

3) time to file a claim with insurance. Its a flood car now.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #3
Quix

Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
+1

Flooded cars can be a nightmare, make a claim. If you're lucky they'll total it.
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #4
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE

Over time all the wiring harnesses that are on the floor, or got soaked will start to corrode, and any module/ecu that was flooded will eventually fail.
All that copper wire will turn into that green copper corrosion.

Get the diff fluid, trans fluid, and engine oil changed just in case.

Years ago you could just leave the windows open a few days and let it air out, now it's almost a death sentence.