Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #533
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RpdFire View Post
Well that is not good, especially since I was just going to try and get a hold of him about a problem.

Maybe someone in the community knows, I keep loosing the red on one of the headlight halos. randomly comes back and starts working. I am guessing possibly a driver going bad as I had a similar problem with the fog light halos and Joe fixed me up right away.
Is anyone still selling the modules or parts? I guess i better pick up some backup items so I don't need to swap the whole system at some point. I love it.
I've had a similar issue in the past I thought it was a module issue but the issue was resolved when i replaced the LED ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
As Joe told me some 2 years ago, the manufacturer of the LED'S hade the wires in side the LED in a bad spot, and it's the internal wires that make the red work or not work.

See if you can find where to get a new LED for the head light.

Diode Dynamics makes an RGBW version of this LED, perhaps it would work as a replacement. (I've had my LED's replaced 3 times.... Just waiting for it to happen again)
Old 04-02-2017, 06:59 AM   #534
Thor-ZL1

Drives: Camaro ZL1 MY2013 inferno orange
i am really sad, that NightOwl is closed,
the products were great, Joe was a very good seller , always great communication.

don't understand why it is closed , maybe another company would have been able to sell the products further.

Thor-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #535
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor-ZL1 View Post
i am really sad, that NightOwl is closed,
the products were great, Joe was a very good seller , always great communication.

don't understand why it is closed , maybe another company would have been able to sell the products further.

I feel the same way.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #536
BLK MARO

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS CAMARO
Does anyone know where I could buy a new nightowl module? Mine is bad
Old 04-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #537
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
There was a post the other day i seen that the leds r not sold anymore. But i thought Joe said he had the other parts for sale. Hope he gets back to answer. I need a controller for sure.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #538
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=nightowl
Post #9 hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #539
BLK MARO

I hope he gets back on here.. shouldn't leave his customers hanging like this.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #540
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Apparently NightOwl has closed up shop... Which is sad because Joe always handled all issues quickly.

Joe, if you read this, please let me know if I can get the app source code (for at least Android). I'd like to be able to keep the app functional on future OS updates.
Seriously? I have been emailing NightOwl back & forth since the beginning of the year regarding warranty. My module literally caught on fire and they were asking me to send pictures and everything, then suddenly they stopped replying and even started replying with "yeah, we replied already, you must have not gotten the email" but then no answer in the second email stating so.

I see now their website is down. They could at least have the decency to let me know they're closing shop. Joe was always helpful before, seems like such a change.

Guess I'll have to look around for a nightowl module. I haven't had any of my lights working this whole year because of this.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #541
BLK MARO

Good luck finding a new module.. I just went back to the factory led. Tired of looking for a new module
Old 04-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #542
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK MARO View Post
Good luck finding a new module.. I just went back to the factory led. Tired of looking for a new module
Hit up Kenny. He installed mine. He may have a few modules still laying around. Worth a shot.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472730
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #543
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtowman View Post
Hit up Kenny. He installed mine. He may have a few modules still laying around. Worth a shot.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472730
Thanks I sent him a PM. Otherwise I guess I'm SOL and will have to spend a bunch of money converting it to a different system. Maybe I'll get the Gen5Diy kit, since Ofer has always been extremely reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK MARO View Post
Yeah I still have the stock LEDs but don't have much time to install them at the moment. Plugging in the module takes a lot less time if I could just find one. I just don't see why they didn't have the decency to tell me they were closing instead of just stopping their email replies. Pretty ****ed up considering I have a lot more than just the RS Headlight LEDs installed and now none of my lights are working, just feels like a huge waste of money that I purposely spent with them since they seemed to be more reliable than the others.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #544
ZLWonton

Drives: 2014 ZL1 BRM
Hey folks, please pm me if you're looking for replacement/backup parts... I may be able to help

2010 SS IOM (sold)
2014 BRM ZL1
Built & tuned by Spartan Performance: TSP 1 7/8 headers, Rotofab intake, 2.55 upper/9.1 lower pulleys, Alky Meth Kit, Ron Davis Hx, Custom cam, Deathwerks 950 injectors, CNC Stage 2 ported heads; 4490 Customs: Satin White Aluminum, charcoal metallic, dragon red custom wrap; Nightowl LED system; AlphaSound custom built Hertz audio setup with rear seat delete/custom amp ramp; Ferrada FR5 wheels
ZLWonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #545
in2thefyr2001
LT1FUN

Drives: 2022 LT1 Satin Steel Metallic
Hey guy's I have a set of headlights with the Night Owls leds installed with the led strip for the radiator/grill area plus all wiring, wifi and module. The only thing I don't have is the jumper for the fuse block. I would be willing to sell everything for 600.00 and you pay shipping. They came out of a friends ZL1 (the Batman Camaro) that he traded for a 2017 ZL1 everything works fine.

Bayou State Cruisers

Last edited by in2thefyr2001; 04-30-2017 at 10:28 AM.
in2thefyr2001 is offline   Reply With Quote