Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 06-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Good PNW dealer? Recommendation please!

I'm trying to find a good dealer in the PNW. One who has half a clue and will sell me a car without trying to bend me over. Someone who knows how to operate the order system and will provide me information. And also someone who gets enough allocations (and is honest about it) so I'm not waiting half a year to have my order pulled. Someone who knows that 2018 orders are not only already being taken, but the cars are actually being built at the factory now.

Seems like it should be doable, yes? There are around 50 dealers between Oregon and Washington, and hopefully one of the bigger ones got that way through halfway decent service. That would be ideal.

What do you recommend? All I want is someone to sell me a 2018 1SS 1LE and deliver it before Fall. Hell, if I could wish for anything at all, it would be that some proactive dealer has already ordered a Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS coupe with 1LE and hasn't got a buyer lined up for it already.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Let me suggest Oceancrest Chevy in Warrenton. This has been my dealer of choice for the past 15 years. They are a no pressure dealership and they do know how to order cars a customer wants. Go see the sales manager Jim Thompson and tell him I sent you. They have the allocations necessary to get you what you want. LARGE dealers aren't necessarily the best places to order from IMO. I believe they are more worried about sales volume than customer satisfaction.
I ordered my '10 from Oceancrest, that was supposedly the first one delivered in the PWN.
But, as with all car sales people...watch your back. Remember...Ordering a Camaro from order to delivery is usually 6-8 weeks.

Chris

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Lee Johnson Chevrolet

I highly recommend speaking with Brian Elich, assistant sales manager at Lee Johnson. There was no pressure when purchasing my '15 Camaro SS convertible, he went out of his way to assure the deal worked for both of us & it didn't change when I arrived after the 4 hour drive.

PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
Puyallup Boy

Drives: White
Hi Rootus,
Not all car sales persons are snakes! I work for the Harnish Auto Family at Chevrolet of Puyallup in Washington. We would be honored to help you find your 2018 SS 1LE.
I don't have delivery dates for the 18's yet but they should start dropping in a month or two. I hope...

Contact me anytime,
Jeff Meschke- 253.845.9566 or jmeschke@harnishautofamily.com

http://www.harnishautofamily.com/
Puyallup Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #5
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puyallup Boy View Post
Hi Rootus,
Not all car sales persons are snakes! I work for the Harnish Auto Family at Chevrolet of Puyallup in Washington. We would be honored to help you find your 2018 SS 1LE.
I don't have delivery dates for the 18's yet but they should start dropping in a month or two. I hope...

Contact me anytime,
Jeff Meschke- 253.845.9566 or jmeschke@harnishautofamily.com

http://www.harnishautofamily.com/

I totally agree with you. Not all sales people are snakes. I have a dealer less than a quarter mile from my dealer that WILL take you for a ride if you're not watching your back and not think twice about it. They have zero scruples. I will never recommend that dealer for any reason. All the sales guys at my dealer are straight up outstanding people. BUT, they are out to make a buck too. Hopefully Rootus can find the car of his dreams very shortly.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
I totally understand that not all sales folks are snakes . For Subarus I know which dealers to go to, which to avoid, but I've never bought a new GM car. I was having bad luck on finding anyone around here who even knew what a 1LE was. Lots of old-style dealer runaround, and in the Internet Age I've got no tolerance for that .

I've been jonesin' pretty hard for this car and I was quite impatient last week, so after a multi-day fruitless conversation with Carr (well, okay, I did finally get a quote on the car, so I guess it wasn't entirely fruitless, just really slow and frustrating) I talked with Becky and I have an order through her. Constraints are really tight on the 1LE parts (11 last week, 0 this week) but maybe I got in on the tail end of last week because my order jumped directly from 1100 to 3000.

So next time, Jeff . At the least we now have some info for the next time someone around here needs a quality recommendation. I'm in Portland so it would be a little bit of a drive to get up to Puyallup but I'd do it in a heartbeat just to deal with someone sane.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #7
quickdrraw

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Rootus,

I had the same experience at Carr Chevy. I ended up having Bob Lamphere's Jeep/Dodge buy my '10 Camaro on dealer trade, So that I could purchase from them.
quickdrraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #8
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
I haven't dealt with them personally but have a lot of friends who have bought from Sandy Chevrolet. I would stay away from McLoughlin Chevy.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote