Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Drives: 2010 SS Maggie,ARH,Meth,AFE Coilove
Meth question Quick connect fittings

I am battling constant leaks at the nozzle holder where the tubing connects to it I am using the quick connect fittings and use a new razor blade to cut the tubing nice and straight and it still leaks a bit I even changed nozzle holder same problem. I think I need a different way to connect the tubing any ideas Thanks
tlamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Stainless braided lines.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
tlamb2
WHPLSH

After doing further research I found out if you are running 100% meth it will degrade the O-rings in the push to connect fittings and they will leak so you have to use ss braided compression fittings.These company's that sell these kits some use push to connect and some do not and all the fail-safes in the world will not help a leaky fitting that could be catastrophic or cause a fire. I just replumbed my whole system and now I have to do it again the right way ugh.........
Old 10-02-2017, 04:13 AM   #4
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I am using 100% meth & had leak issues with push to connect fitting , so i changed my whole setup to alky with braided lines & never had a leak since .
It is up to you if you can change to braided lines & keep the same system or go to alky .

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
What make/brand of fittings ?

Although ultimately, the push fit suck.....go for screwed on AN type fittings and teflon hose.

But some push fit stuff is better than others and even with 100% meth should last for easily a few months without any trouble.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Yes that is the route I am going I will have to replace all fittings and lines but it will be worth the 200$ not having to worry about leaks, What upsets me is the meth site where I just bought all new tubing and fittings did not tell me the push to connect leak if using 100% meth and I explained to them I was replumbing the system cause of leaks
Old 10-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #7
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Your problem is not o-rings. It's cheap fittings that don't fit with the tube right. Even the wrong o-rings last a long long time before they leak. I wish there was a better solution than both.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:29 AM   #8
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Go here and have them make the hoses for you. Get braided line made with the proper AN fittings. Call them and order what you need. My fittings came in 3 days. The wall thickness is very important when choosing your fittings.

https://www.anplumbing.com/adapters/...ers-black.html
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #9
stevieturbo

And dont assume "braided" line means teflon, as many hose materials can have an outer braid, but are rubber based which is uselesss for methanol.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:37 PM   #10
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Thanks for the site info they are a lot cheaper than the sites who sell the methanol kits next I need to figure out all the parts I need which a/n thread did you use -4 ?? and 1/4 inch line thanks for input Woodboss
Old 10-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #11
stevieturbo

Use whatever size lines you need for the fittings you select for whatever nozzle holders etc you decide to use.

Most will be -4...but you're the one buying from whoever it may be, so up to you.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:05 PM   #12
tlamb2
WHPLSH

So I ended up going to the stainless lines and AN fittings what a difference no leaks and the car is a whole new beast cant believe I toyed with the NPT crap for so long how can they sell those push to connect with any kit especially using a flammable fuel like meth Thanks guys for the input
Old 10-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #13
arussh

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs, 1990 iroc-z
alkycontrol makes a kit specifically for camaro that is designed for 100% meth.
contact them for connections and hoses https://www.alkycontrol.com
I just finished season 2 with no problems whatsoever
2011 2SS/RS 6.4 sleeved ls7, ported CTSV supercharger; zl1 hat,fuel pump with Kenny Bell boosta pump,102 throttle body,6l90e g-force driveshaft,zl1 rearend and axels, ID 850s, dual pass heat exchanger; Auto Tech electric water pump;160 degree themostat; ls7 pushrods,rockers; Metco polished pulley kit, 2.4ud; ls3 assessory bracket kit;2 Hayes trans coolers; CAI intake; Texas Speed 1 7/8 headers; 3" Magnaflow exhaust; Alkycontrol meth kit; p;Elite catch can; BMR 1" lowering springs,
ZL1 10" front 11" rear rims, trans and engine tune by wally a.
arussh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:11 AM   #14
stevieturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb2 View Post
So I ended up going to the stainless lines and AN fittings what a difference no leaks and the car is a whole new beast cant believe I toyed with the NPT crap for so long how can they sell those push to connect with any kit especially using a flammable fuel like meth Thanks guys for the input
Most kits state not to use 100% meth with those fittings, and the likes of 50/50 really is barely flammable at all.

But they're cheap, they're convenient, that's why most users choose to buy the kits with those cheap fittings instead of stepping up to teflon lines and screwed fittings.

the options are always there.