Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
bodysnatcher
Bodysnatcher

Drives: 2017 Black RS
factory rear fin

I recently purchased a rear wing for my 6gen, not the bat wing, but the wing that does come from the factory. I have watched Lethal Camaros vid on removing the old one, it should be here Wed, just hope I don't F#ck anything up, purchased it for $105. pre painted with lifetime warranty. Any thoughts on replacing the old one?
bodysnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodysnatcher View Post
I recently purchased a rear wing for my 6gen, not the bat wing, but the wing that does come from the factory. I have watched Lethal Camaros vid on removing the old one, it should be here Wed, just hope I don't F#ck anything up, purchased it for $105. pre painted with lifetime warranty. Any thoughts on replacing the old one?
What wing did you get?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
According to your profile you have an RS ... which has a small Lip spoiler... Its a no go because they are going to be hole once you uninstall it. My suggestion is sell it. And get an ACS Blade spoiler or the 1LE spoiler ... there are many nice design of blade/Lip spoiler out there even on ebay. They are going to cost you much more than the one you purchased, but at least you do have to pay a bunch of money trying to fill and repaint the trunk.
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:39 PM   #4
bodysnatcher
Bodysnatcher

Drives: 2017 Black RS
You were all right, im just going to wait till the market gets flooded with them and the price comes down.
bodysnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
You were all right, im just going to wait till the market gets flooded with them and the price comes down.
Lots of SS owners prefer the RS spoiler. Id post a thread and ask if anyones interested in swapping trunks with u. Its been done many times on here. If ur talking about the high wing spoiler that comes stock on the SS
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote