Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #15
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I have exhaust cut-outs and one of the things I can't stand is the decel noise. Obviously I am in the minority on this one but when I decel I put the car in neutral and let off the clutch which eliminates the noise.

If a specific tune will eliminate or significantly reduce the sound I want to know what I need to buy.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #16
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
After my cam install and exhaust I lost 99% of my decel pop Only when downshifting can I make it pop...... Oh well... shes a hell of a lot faster now
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #17
aj2ssrs

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I have exhaust cut-outs and one of the things I can't stand is the decel noise. Obviously I am in the minority on this one but when I decel I put the car in neutral and let off the clutch which eliminates the noise.

If a specific tune will eliminate or significantly reduce the sound I want to know what I need to buy.

Russ
Get in touch with Ted at Jannetty Racing. He'll set you up with either a Diablo or SCT handheld tuner. Let him know what you want to do and he'll set you up with a free tune to suit your needs.