Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
DIABLO TUNER ON MY LS3 2SS

Hey guys, here's a question: I have a K&N Typhoon Intake and Flowmaster Force II Exhaust on my car. My friend has an L99 car with a good bit of mods on it and his CPU threw a code. He bought a Diablo Tuner to get rid of the code and tune the car. He has since got it dyno tuned professionally and doesn't need the Diablo anymore. He is sending it in the mail to me for free (good guy!). With it being initially hooked up to an L99, will I need to do anything with it for my LS3? Secondly, he says it's easy to use. I'm not sure all the capabilites of it, but how do I know if I'm making the car more powerful or not? What do I adjust/tune once I get into the program and it starts asking me things? How much extra horsepower should I expect? Thank you for your help.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
aj2ssrs

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
As long as it's not still married to his car you're good to go. It doesn't matter if it's an LS3 or an L99, they both use the same tuner. With the loaded Diablo tunes you'll get around 7-10 horsepower increase, 10 being generous, but it will "feel" like more only because of alot of torgue management being taken away. I wouldn't play around to much trying to fine tune using the Diablo. Contact Ted at Jannetty Racing and have him tune it for you. You can data log with the Diablo, send the files to Ted, he'll write you a new tune and e-mail it back to you. You than use the Diablo to load the tune into the car. That's the best route to go.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Thank you! If it's still "married", then what do I do? It's worthless or can it be unlocked? How much are Ted's tunes?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
aj2ssrs

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
If it's still married you have to contact Diablo directly for them to unlock it. I believe it's 150.00 but don't hold me to that. Ted is all over this forum and he has everything spelled out as far as what needs to be done for data logging and how to set it up. Not sure if he has price listed. Hopefully the tuner is not still married to the other car. There is no need for it to be because the other car was tuned by another tuner directly and they should have returned the vehicle back to stock using the Diablo before re-tuning. This would un-marry it from the previous car.