Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #183
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
That's what it says on Wikipedia.
Yeah. I knew it wasn't invented by GM (or Cadillac), I just had to look up who did. American car manufacturers were early adopters of many technologies, but they didn't invent them all.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #184
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
And what does it matter who invented what technology? All that matters is how the total package performs against the competition in the venue of your choice.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #185
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
What were they saying in the past about mrc etc?

Non stop bashing and excuses. Now they are using it and it has nothing to do with gm and is no big deal.

They are also using irs now. Funny.

But if we ever go ohc it will be top headline. Bashing for days. Victory chants. You name it.
Even though Cadillac invented ohc and gm already has ohc engines.
I can guarantee it. Nature of the beast, so to speak, with the rivalry. Fanboys look for anything to use against those in the opposing camp, but true auto enthusiasts understand that good things tend to be adopted across the industry regardless of the brand that first brought those ideas into the mass market.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #186
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
And what does it matter who invented what technology? All that matters is how the total package performs against the competition in the venue of your choice.
It doesn't to me. I agree.

But when a certain group dogs on something and then changes tunes when convenient...I notice. Or harp on leading technologies like they are innovators of some kind.

Ripped IRS... Now they got it

Ripped mrc... Now they got it

Dohc... Not their idea... Not the only ones who can build them.

Flat plane crank... Not their idea either

Ripped on wheel/tire combo... Now they went aggressive

Being hypocritical imo. Couldn't help but add my .02

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 06-10-2015 at 03:25 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #187
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
It doesn't to me. I agree.

But when a certain group dogs on something and then changes tunes when convenient...I notice. Or harp on leading technologies like they are innovators of some kind.

Ripped IRS... Now they got it

Ripped mrc... Now they got it

Dohc... Not their idea... Not the only ones who can build them.

Flat plane crank... Not their idea either

Ripped on wheel/tire combo... Now they went aggressive

Being hypocritical imo. Couldn't help but add my .02
I can agree with a lot of your examples, but ripped IRS? Really? It was in the Challenger before it was in the Camaro. Does that mean GM ripped Mopar?

It wasn't that long ago the GM guys were ripping Ford guys for running a supercharged motor in their performance cars and now GM has embraced that powertrain methodology. Is that any less hypocritical?

Last edited by titanfan; 06-10-2015 at 04:08 PM.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #188
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I can agree with a lot of your examples, but ripped IRS? Really? It was in the Challenger before it was in the Camaro. Does that mean GM ripped Mopar?

It wasn't that long ago the GM guys were ripping Ford guys for running a supercharged motor in their performance cars and now GM has embraced that powertrain methodology. Is that any less hypocritical?
Are you serious. There were endless debates of IRS vs solid axle. I even remember representatives from pedders got involved it was so ridiculous. Ford camp WOULD NOT accept that IRS was superior for road course. It was on par with the stupidity of the 3000 reply thread they have now. It was the topic for some time.

Chevrolet has used irs for decades. I dont recall much discussion about the challenger having it upon debut. The community was stale at the time can't remember. I wasn't on forums much then. When the camaro came back the entire segment exploded ( funny huh) But I personally wouldn't make such a statement about IRS.

And I still prefer na over supercharged. I think what your remembering is the 4.6 needed a supercharger to beat a bolt on ls1 car. So when the cobra came out who wouldn't laugh? They can remember it how they want... But when I put heads/ cam on my 98 I literally quit asking about mods when I seen a 4.6 that wanted to run. Beat the piss out of so many I lost count. A basic supercharged 4.6 wasn't even enough. They really had to crank them up to compete.

That's the ripping I remember/ was involved in. Things are different now. Ford camp was ripping on mrc and IRS a year ago lol

But your right both sides do the same. I'm not the only one that has noticed how bad it has gotten lately though.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 06-10-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #189
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Yeah but the regular GT350 could be as fast or faster than the ZL1. So where does that leave the GT500 and what does GM do to challenge that car?

I can pretty much guarantee we see Magneride on the GT500 as a package now that its available on the GT350.
Chevy hasn't answered the last GT500's stright line speed and the GT350 hasn't beaten the out going Z/28 (yet, if)

The ZL1 is in its fourth and final year of production, is old, and has two unanswered rivals. Seems like the place to start given the Z/28s current lead position in the balls out track car pony segment.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 06-10-2015 at 06:03 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #190
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
The fact that there is a 3000 plus post thread on their forum about how much better the Muatang is than the Camaro proves they're sour about the Camaros superiority.

They're now touting sales as the end all be all, but for the last 5 years sales didn't matter because they were losing.

Forum fan boys.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #191
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
The fact that there is a 3000 plus post thread on their forum about how much better the Muatang is than the Camaro proves they're sour about the Camaros superiority.

They're now touting sales as the end all be all, but for the last 5 years sales didn't matter because they were losing.

Forum fan boys.
It's there way to justify there purchase, put down the competition to make themselves feel better.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #192
blacks550gt

Drives: 2015 mustang gt
This is my first time owning a mustang, or muscle/pony car in general. But dam, forum members from both camaro and mustang suffer from an inferiority complex. Not all of them, but most.
I love my s550, but I'm also happy for the camaro. At the end of the day people will mod the slower car anyway. Just be happy that these cars are being produced, before they're replaced by priuses lol
blacks550gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #193
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacks550gt View Post
This is my first time owning a mustang, or muscle/pony car in general. But dam, forum members from both camaro and mustang suffer from an inferiority complex. Not all of them, but most.
I love my s550, but I'm also happy for the camaro. At the end of the day people will mod the slower car anyway. Just be happy that these cars are being produced, before they're replaced by priuses lol
Get back to me when we have a 3000 reply thread of camaro vs mustang...with people proclaiming the mustang isnt a direct competitor/and or dont care about the mustang.

Now thats full retard...
Old 06-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #194
blacks550gt

Drives: 2015 mustang gt
Quote:
Get back to me when we have a 3000 reply thread of camaro vs mustang...with people proclaiming the mustang isnt a direct competitor/and or dont care about the mustang.

Now thats full retard...
I hope I don't honestly lol. Just sucks that there's so many people that take this to an extreme. I've given thumbs up to some camaro drivers on the highway, just to be stared at and ignored lol. Happens with s197 mustangs too.
blacks550gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:26 AM   #195
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:

Now thats full retard...
Well this is a new forum. You forget the many 5.0 vs LS3 threads on Camaro5?

Those were a hoot.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #196
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Well this is a new forum. You forget the many 5.0 vs LS3 threads on Camaro5?

Those were a hoot.
I already said everyone does it a few posts back.

I'm amused by the post count and content. It's in a league of its own that's for sure.

Did it make 3000 replys in a few weeks? Does it have a forum voice/ cheerleader dedicated to proving ford is the spawn of Satan? And then after hours and days and thousands of replys have a large number claim the mustang isn't a competitor to the Camaro?