Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-07-2018, 09:15 PM   #43
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
LOL, 60 - 200 mph burnouts are cool as long as the car stays straight.....

Sounds like you have a beast on your hands....
Thanks. As much as I don’t want to, I may have to do the 15” conversion for the rears... unless there are 17” tires that will hook.
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #44
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
Thanks. As much as I don’t want to, I may have to do the 15” conversion for the rears... unless there are 17” tires that will hook.
If you are looking to drag race, thats a great plan forward.... If you are looking for traction on the street, forget it.... There isn't a 15 inch tire made that will allow you to stick on the street, other than possibly a drag slick and those are not legal nor recommended.... Drag Radials are moderately better than some of the "ultra high performance" tires, but only moderately so...

I run 19 inch wheels with a Hoosier (315/40/19) Road Racing "slick" and there is no traction to be had on the street..... The taller sidewalls of a 15 inch combo will help a bit but not that much....

A good (much better than the factory system) traction control set up will help some as well, but not all of it.... Too tight and the car lays down, too loose and you go into a ditch backwards at over 100 mph..... I run the ProEFI engine management and it has traction control in it... There are other options out there as well.....

I run the Hoosiers in Standing Mile events and even after a good warmup, I have still spun them right up to and into the 200 mph + range....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #45
RealQuick

I was looking for better traction on the street then I have with my 305/35-20 Nitto drag radials.

Sounds like you are the one with the beast!
Old 10-07-2018, 10:48 PM   #46
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
I was looking for better traction on the street then I have with my 305/35-20 Nitto drag radials.

Sounds like you are the one with the beast!
Honestly in the power range I'm guessing you're in, yah, not so much on street.... Even with 15 inch tires, you would have to run less air pressure than is safe on the street to really take advantage....

I'm not saying there isn't a solution, I just don't know what it is.... I've never managed to get anything on the street.... My issue is my gearing.... and it should be an advantage for me, but.....

I run a 3.07 gear and with my red line, first gear is 99 mph at the red line.... 60 mph rolls are a waste for me, first gear is ridiculous.... Second is no better.... and this is with road racing slicks... I shift into third either early looking for traction, or at 135-140 mph, still looking for traction...

The best upgrade I can thing of are trailing arms and toe rods.... if you don't already have them... Subframe bushings and diff mount bushings.... Make dang sure everything stays where it is supposed to....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #47
RealQuick

Thanks for the advice. I have all tubular adjustable suspension with spherical rod ends. The diff/cradle bushings are still stock though. I literally have no wheel hop... just shredding the tires as you know.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #48
RealQuick

I have dyno time scheduled for this Saturday
Old 10-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #49
RealQuick

Spoil curve comparison of TT versus single. On the TT curve I dropped to 80% throttle above 5200 due to but pucker from spinning
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #50
RealQuick

Update - Rain is forecasted for tomorrow... so rescheduled for for next Sat (10/20). Gonna dyno/tune the camaro and gto.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #51
RealQuick

We have had rain for the last 3 saturdays. Dyno now rescheduled for two Saturdays from now (gonna rain again this Sat on 10/27.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #52
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Is the dyno outdoor?
Old 10-25-2018, 07:10 PM   #53
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
Is the dyno outdoor?
Lol...

It’s a 45 min drive and I have exposed air filters in the wheel wells. I’d rather go on a day when it won’t be pouring out.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:52 PM   #54
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
I have no air filters at all, just screens, so I get it. Outdoor dyno, but at least it's under a tent.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2018, 11:12 PM   #55
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
I have no air filters at all, just screens, so I get it. Outdoor dyno, but at least it's under a tent.
If the dyno was right down the street, I would risk it. The more money I sink into this car the less I want to drive it lol
Old 10-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #56
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
If the dyno was right down the street, I would risk it. The more money I sink into this car the less I want to drive it lol
I know the feeling.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote