Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #43
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase_2008 View Post
I live in a small town but its getting bigger every year. And i have my zune on me at all time so using the Aux cord and leaving the zune in the center counsel is no biggie to me while i drive. And i only have to set my phone up once to give me directions when i rarely need them. To me tech doesnt scream Muscle. Im not disagreeing with what you're saying cause everyone loves there car for a different reason then the next. But to me i dont need all the extra stuff thats why i got the 1SS the "striper" model as some would call it. And kuddos for using a zune!!!
No I am with you here. Im playing devil's advocate a bit. But SYNC aside, the 2011 mustang still has more power, speed, and fuel economy on less weight... so if you love your car for the performance reason, that should be troubling to you.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #44
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
I like all three of the modern muscle cars but the Camaro has always ben my favorite hence the name third1. I think the Z28 will put a cap on this for a while
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #45
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
It kills me that the Mustang now tops the Camaro in the hp department - and now GM seems to be grasping at straws boasting their V6 has more hp the Mustangs V6?!?! BFD! When did "My V6 has more hp than your V6" take the reins? Oh yeah, never, that's when.

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign
MotorCityAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #46
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
You have to pay for those fancy onstar services, whereas sync is free to use at will.
Sync doesn't also act as a cell phone or as an automatic lo-jack in the case of auto theft either. Now which one sounds better?
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #47
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
You have to pay for those fancy onstar services, whereas sync is free to use at will. It is also an optional item, for those that want the regular shaker 500 audio system, they can have it instead no problem

As to your roomier statement, that is false im afraid, the dimensions are almost exactly the same, and it has more space in the trunk.

About the live rear, you may recall Motor Trend and other magazines giggling about what they were able to do even with the live rear in the mustang. They couldnt believe it was actually a live rear, so it would seem as if Ford has perfected that technology and doesn't feel the need to fix what aint broke.
And those free to use services SYNC offers will be harder to use the longer you use them. Streets change and directions need to be updated. A software based system needs to be updated on a regular basis to keep roads current. Onstar doesn't.

Additionally, I'd be surprised if, when adding the cost of Onstar to the cost of the camaro, it wasn't still cheaper than the cost of a mustang with a nav unit. However, I haven't checked to be sure if I'm right or wrong on that issue.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #48
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
2011 mustang still has more power, speed, and fuel economy on less weight... so if you love your car for the performance reason, that should be troubling to you.
Troubling? Come on dude, let's cut the drama. It does not have more power although is a bit lighter. It is yet to be seen what it can do and by all indications it is a drivers race with an SS. Please stop referring to the performance of the SS as troubling. You obviously like the Mustang better. Go get yours and stop dissing the Camaro on C5.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #49
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by third1 View Post
I like all three of the modern muscle cars but the Camaro has always ben my favorite hence the name third1. I think the Z28 will put a cap on this for a while
When will that monster rear its beautiful head?

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #50
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Troubling? Come on dude, let's cut the drama. It does not have more power although is a bit lighter. It is yet to be seen what it can do and by all indications it is a drivers race with an SS. Please stop referring to the performance of the SS as troubling. You obviously like the Mustang better. Go get yours and stop dissing the Camaro on C5.
Like I said brosie, I am playing devil's advocate for the sake of the argument (I love Camaros and as you can see, I've been on this site since wayyy back in the pre-production days), I'm interested in people's opinions here. Motor Trend confirms a HP rating of 430 for the 5.0, so its more powerful and faster/lighter.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #51
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
Please tell me this is a joke. You can't possibly *actually* believe that because of bailout funds the government actually *owns* GM. Please tell me you're kidding.
They forced the replacement of the CEO. Please tell me you are kidding in thinking the current administration is not at least influencing some of the decision making going on at GM.

That is completely off topic though.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #52
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
justincase_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #53
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
I hate to say but this is just a thinly veiled mustang fan asserting their supposed superiority.

Hes just not being a blatant fanboy about it.

Anyone who calls this year before you can even buy a 5.0 isnt going to be taken seriously...
Old 04-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #54
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I am not sure where I said he couldn't give his opinion. I was just trying to be funny. I guess I wasn't.
You didnt, i was simply trying to legitimize his case. and i just didnt take it as humorous because people love to make an argument illegitimate by getting into the petty crap. but you obviously meant no harm, so my bad!!

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #55
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
They forced the replacement of the CEO. Please tell me you are kidding in thinking the current administration is not at least influencing some of the decision making going on at GM.

You know that when Obama gets out of his limo and goes into work, he's walking into the White House and not the GM boardroom, right?

Any "influence" the government may or may not have evaporates as soon as the loan is paid off.... three months from now.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #56
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
I hate to say but this is just a thinly veiled mustang fan asserting their supposed superiority.

Hes just not being a blatant fanboy about it.

Anyone who calls this year before you can even buy a 5.0 isnt going to be taken seriously...
Dude, like I said before, I was a part of this site back in 2008, way before the 2010 Camaro was even a for sure thing. I own a 2SS. I am a Camaro fan through and through. Im just commenting on the fact that the 2011 mustang will be superior, and discussing what Chevy's response might be. Stop referring to me like im not in the conversation, and dont make false accusations.

Semper Fi!

Tags
2011, 5.0, mustang gt