Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #15
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
I am getting it by the rear window. Whole thing is hanging down. Not sure if I want to get it fixed if they have to remove the front windshield, etc to replace it..... Especially if this is an issue that hasn't been fixed yet despite being an issue for over a year now....

ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #16
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
The only way to get the headliner in without bending it is through the windshield You may have been referencing me when I stated they removed my windshield. My dealer tried everything trunk with seats removed passenger side with seat out they resulted in calling GM for advise on how to replace the headliner and GM said front windshield has to come out. It is the only way without bending the headliner since its a single piece.. If they bend it and crease it you will get sag somewhere.

They had a professional windshield company come in and do it no diff then if you crack your window and need it replaced.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #17
Macky

Drives: 2016 1SS, Garnet Red Tintcoat
My headliner detached in the front on both the driver and passenger side. I had it replaced at the dealership and it detached again three weeks later. I brought it in again and it took them 4 weeks to put in another new headliner. I just picked it up yesterday and the passenger side has already fallen again. The dealership is going to put in a "Customer Concern" report, but I am not sure what good that will do. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #18
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
The only way to get the headliner in without bending it is through the windshield You may have been referencing me when I stated they removed my windshield. My dealer tried everything trunk with seats removed passenger side with seat out they resulted in calling GM for advise on how to replace the headliner and GM said front windshield has to come out. It is the only way without bending the headliner since its a single piece.. If they bend it and crease it you will get sag somewhere.

They had a professional windshield company come in and do it no diff then if you crack your window and need it replaced.
Stopped at my dealer this afternoon to measure the headliner they ordered for me. It measures about 3/8" wider and driver/passenger sides are equal (measured from visor hole - passenger side on current one was short by 3/8" exactly) - so think I'm good to have em move forward. Service shop manager said the same - windshield out to replace, then reinstall.
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #19
Macky

Drives: 2016 1SS, Garnet Red Tintcoat
I called 1-800-222-1020 and talked to a very nice representative from Chevrolet. He encouraged me to tell all of you having this same problem to call and register your complaint with them!
Old 05-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #20
adamizme

Drives: 2017 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
Stopped at my dealer this afternoon to measure the headliner they ordered for me. It measures about 3/8" wider and driver/passenger sides are equal (measured from visor hole - passenger side on current one was short by 3/8" exactly) - so think I'm good to have em move forward. Service shop manager said the same - windshield out to replace, then reinstall.
Please keep us posted. I'd like to hear if a replacement fits better.
adamizme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #21
cryssm

Drives: Car
I had several issues with my headliner in the front and rear. Dealer replaced it a while back, and I haven't had any issues since. They did have to remove my windshield to install the new headliner.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #22
Camaroslut

Drives: 2017 SS Fifty
I found this online today:
https://www.torquenews.com/3768/why-...out-headliners
Camaroslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #23
jasonfichter

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Just added this to my list of problems that need to be fixed on the car.

Last edited by jasonfichter; 05-25-2017 at 10:07 PM.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #24
RCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroslut View Post
Appears they just copy stuff from forums of all makes/models for their "articles"... Maybe I should add a copyright to my posts...
Old 06-02-2017, 03:05 PM   #25
adamizme

Drives: 2017 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
Any update?
adamizme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:33 PM   #26
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
my 17 1ss does same thing only on the pass side...right near the top .......:( :(
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #27
RCF

Mine is going in for the headliner to be replaced in a couple of weeks (i'll be traveling, so waiting worked best for me). My dealer has been really good to work with so far. They are going to look into the windshield fogging repair at the same time (said one of their employee's has the same issue on his Camaro, so they are curious as to the fix _ told them to work on his first... haha).
Old 06-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #28
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I will be taking mine to the dealer next week to get it looked at finally. And now that they TSB is out on the window fogging issue and the front windshield has to come out for that, I will have them do that at the same time.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote