Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
silencertk

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS
Unhappy Kenwood DDIN, Metra - Radio Cuts off by itself

Okay so here's the Problem. I have a Kenwood Double Din and the Metra Kit installed. Everything works great, no problems whatsoever except:

When I turn of the vehicle - the first time - The rings around the speedometer stay iluminated and the radio stays on - as long as I dont open the door. - everything good.

After the first time I've done this, ergo I put the key back in, start the car back up, turn it back of, pull the key - the radio and the dome light shut off within about 10 seconds. The dome light, has the nice fade, but the radio crackles for a half second, like power was just janked from it. Also the rings around the Speedometer aren't lit....

Anybody have an Idea of what I'm talking about? lol.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
The radio will still remain on until the driver's side door is opened, once the door is opened, it will kill any accessories.
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Camaro2SSRS
"CHAOS"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silencertk View Post

Okay so here's the Problem. I have a Kenwood Double Din and the Metra Kit installed. Everything works great, no problems whatsoever except:

When I turn of the vehicle - the first time - The rings around the speedometer stay iluminated and the radio stays on - as long as I dont open the door. - everything good.

After the first time I've done this, ergo I put the key back in, start the car back up, turn it back of, pull the key - the radio and the dome light shut off within about 10 seconds. The dome light, has the nice fade, but the radio crackles for a half second, like power was just janked from it. Also the rings around the Speedometer aren't lit....

Anybody have an Idea of what I'm talking about? lol.
I have a Metra/Kenwood setup and I don't have any problems. Who installed the radio? It seems like you may have something wired incorrectly.

[IMG]http://www.**********.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/customkenwood.gif[/IMG]
Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
silencertk

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS
It's a premature cut of error, appearantly fixed by an update. I'm in touch with Metra and I'll update when I've tried their solution.