Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2017, 05:13 AM   #1
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
CA Drivers

Since I moved here I've notice a huge trend amongst the drivers here.
No turn signal.
Is this the cool thing to do? Really, it's very annoying cars jumping in and out of lanes. Another is posted speed limit is 65 and ppl are going 80+. I guess there is very little police presence and the locals are aware.

Is this really how drivers are? Might be the reason why car replacement is not an option for car insurance.

Last edited by i2disturbedSS; 07-01-2017 at 10:57 AM.
i2disturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:59 AM   #2
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Welcome to my state ill be sure to shunt you in to a wall if your in my way while screaming I hope you f-Ing die while texting about the out of state prick who waisted .00000001 of a second of my day and made me late to work lol. Totaly joking bro.

But welcome to my state California is very much a f-you out of my way floor it shove your way in to every ones life driving state. Every one drive 10 over on the street and 80+ on the freeway and if you don't your illegal immigrant and going to be pulled over. Or your not from here so pulled over for wasting every ones time.

Road rage is really really bs be prepared for people cutting you off and locking up there brakes in front of you and there is the occasional road rage that ends on shots fired. California is a very very defensive driving state. And the 5freeway is a demo derby with guns and rage
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:22 AM   #3
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Most large cities are like that. The drivers are the same way here in South Florida and in Central Florida when I lived there.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:05 AM   #4
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS View Post
Most large cities are like that. The drivers are the same way here in South Florida and in Central Florida when I lived there.
Ehhhhh no it is all over the state of California in my 30 years of life here its the whole state the only times its different is between the hours of 12am-4 am every ones drunk or high.

Or its Sunday and on Sundays people drive slow way to slow.
It is kinda funny

My favorite is watching how many people will cut off a Prius. Its kinda of a sport while playing traffic Tetris.
After your 6th or 10th police chase flys by you at 100mph you grow numb to the chaos here.
I have Seen personally a few dozen accidents here where a car crashed so hard it splits in half and bursts into flames and death fallows shortly after.
California is known as the worst road rage state.
People will actually fallow you home to fight you because you slightly drifted over the line in to there lane for a tenth of a second.

The big problem here is insurance scams. At least 3-5 times a day ill have people fly out in front of me and slam on there brakes.

But to the OP I dont know where your getting the insurance car replacement thing. I have that on my insurance if its totaled out they will replace my car.

Just play grand theft auto for 3 days and you learn how to deal with California

Last edited by riozlander; 07-01-2017 at 07:17 AM.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:50 AM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I live here and really hate when I'm trying to maintain the speed limit in my lane and some jerk-off in a Cessna 310 decides he wants to enter my lane from above, in the middle of the morning on the 405, on a Friday before a holiday weekend! (glad both passenger and pilot survived)

Name:  06-30-2017-plane-crash-405-damnSUZ.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  38.0 KB
Old 07-01-2017, 08:11 AM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Heh, yep... good ole Cali. I have lived and driven here all my life (except for my time in the service), so I can attest to the craziness out there. I try not to be one of 'those' people, though. I use my turn signal, I keep my distance from the car in front of me... if someone is flying at me at 90 plus, I move over and don't try to run em down. They're right about 80 plus... all over Cali. If you're in the fast lane doing anything less, prepare to get passed again and again when the opportunity opens for those going 80 plus... sometimes dangerously so.

People are impatient... but, I'll say it again because Its still true, the mods on my ride have helped people around me settle down. When cruising 80 plus, the exhaust tone note, the aggressive stance all that... people slow down.

The few months my car was stock, everyone wanted to give me a go. Testing me, flying by me. It began to dwindle after the wheels/tires, ground effects, quads, exhaust, front end, hood etc. Good deterrence, and another reason why I love this car.

My advice to those new to CA, drive safe, obey the laws, go with the flow of traffic, even if that means exceeding the speed limit - do not inhibit traffic. ....aaand enjoy the ride! CA really is a very beautiful state and great place to run our Camaro's. The hills, PCH, Route 66... up the central valley, Paso Robles, Fresno... through Santa Cruz and San Jose, up through Frisco, Petaluma, Rohnert Park... wild turkey up towards Eureka. Head south and you've got Ortega Hwy, Oceanside, San Diego.

Set an example for others - be your own.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:21 AM   #7
Lndryguru

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
come to las vegas this place is an accident waiting to happen
Old 07-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #8
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
CA really is a very beautiful state and great place to run our Camaro's. The hills, PCH, Route 66... up the central valley, Paso Robles, Fresno... through Santa Cruz and San Jose, up through Frisco, Petaluma, Rohnert Park... wild turkey up towards Eureka. Head south and you've got Ortega Hwy, Oceanside, San Diego.

So true, some of the most beautiful and fun roads I've driven on.

Growing up in the mid-west, I learned to love driving. The open road and a car stereo was my sanctuary. I could do an 8 hour drive with no problem, and usually no a-hole drivers in my way.

Moving to Cali, I've grown to hate driving. There is no open road, and (almost) everyone is an a-hole driver who sees you as just an obstacle to pass.

It might be the technology, as well; this incessant need to be on your phone, whether it be talking or texting, has reinforced everyone's 'bubble'... "this is my world, you are just living in it!"

And don't even get me started on Motorcyclists... a group of people I highly respected, until I moved here.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
i2disturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
Welcome to my state ill be sure to shunt you in to a wall if your in my way while screaming I hope you f-Ing die while texting about the out of state prick who waisted .00000001 of a second of my day and made me late to work lol. Totaly joking bro.

But welcome to my state California is very much a f-you out of my way floor it shove your way in to every ones life driving state. Every one drive 10 over on the street and 80+ on the freeway and if you don't your illegal immigrant and going to be pulled over. Or your not from here so pulled over for wasting every ones time.

Road rage is really really bs be prepared for people cutting you off and locking up there brakes in front of you and there is the occasional road rage that ends on shots fired. California is a very very defensive driving state. And the 5freeway is a demo derby with guns and rage
Lol thank you. Sometimes I wish I was a undercover cop. Seen lots of dumb things already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS View Post
I've lived near Seattle 17+years and it wasn't like this. Traffic yes of course. St.Louis also didnt have this problem.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #10
i2disturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
Or its Sunday and on Sundays people drive slow way to slow.

Just play grand theft auto for 3 days and you learn how to deal with California
I've notice the nice calm Sunday drives. Way less cars on the highway. I'll practice on GTA5 tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I live here and really hate when I'm trying to maintain the speed limit in my lane and some jerk-off in a Cessna 310 decides he wants to enter my lane from above, in the middle of the morning on the 405, on a Friday before a holiday weekend! (glad both passenger and pilot survived)

Attachment 882211
I've heard about that. Crazy. Glad they did survive too.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #11
i2disturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Oh yeah of course. I guess I'll be among the few to actually use the out of the way turn signal. I have re-learn to just go with the flow of traffic though.

I did have someone "try" not letting me over on the highway.Not a problem for me more gas and they will hear my exhaust roar as I drive off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lndryguru View Post
come to las vegas this place is an accident waiting to happen
Ha jeez no thank you then lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post

Moving to Cali, I've grown to hate driving. There is no open road, and (almost) everyone is an a-hole driver who sees you as just an obstacle to pass.

It might be the technology, as well; this incessant need to be on your phone, whether it be talking or texting, has reinforced everyone's 'bubble'... "this is my world, you are just living in it!"

And don't even get me started on Motorcyclists... a group of people I highly respected, until I moved here.
People do seem like they have to pass up every single car to win a trophy or something. However in the next second they just merge over 3-4 lanes no signal and exit off the highway almost missing it and almost hitting others. I can see why ppl have road rage.

Ive only seen the motorcycle split the lanes on the road and go between cars. I know some states you can legally, so no big deal to me. Pretty brave though.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #12
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
I'm originally from California and don't want stereotype all drivers from there; but would really like to know what has happened over the years. We get a ton of CA drivers here in Nevada and, by comparison to all other drivers from all other states, CA has some of the most inconsiderate drivers who apparently think they own the road. A good majority of drivers I've come across over the past several years from there fail to yield; they refuse to move out of the left lane on the interstate even when there is absolutely no traffic in the right & they are going slower then the posted speed limit. A majority apparently couldn't find the turn signal if you pointed it out to them and they have a tendency to pull out right in front of you. Years ago, this wasn't the case or at least it wasn't as bad as it seems to be today. You know it's bad when you have relatives visit from there who admit they feel the same way you do.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #13
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The rest of America is hoping it falls into the ocean so Nevada & Arizona can have some beachfront property.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #14
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
I think in most cities there are 3 types of drivers, in a hurry and speeding all over, ones that maintain close to the speed limit, and 3 the ones that drive under the speed limit and oblivious to whats going on at anytime. If they would all stay in the proper lanes it wouldn't be so bad.

Here in Washington the far left lane is only for passing, so we have people that think they are to police that lane themselves and drive at the speed limit in that lane, causing to piss alot of people off.