Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #99
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_camaro_SS View Post
Hopefully they change the interior or i may cancel my allocation.

THAT INTERIOR IS ATROCIOUS COMPARED TO THE GT500

Also isn't there going to be a new camaro platform in a year??? why wouldn't they wait for the new platform. It sucks that ford has been kicking our ass since 03 but I still have to give them props. I wish they would have made even a stock camaro ss beat an 03 cobra .....
I agree with you on the interior,the 5th gen Camaro interior is crappy I think all 3 car companies are taking the retro thing too far,but where have you been ford hasnt been kickin GM ass since 03,you must have forgot about cars like the 04-05 Z06 which were naturally aspired engines the 03 04 cobra had very large superchargers on their engines versus n/a LS1 engines so think about how long has GM has been draggin ford thru the mud even in the 70s ford had no answers for cars like the Chevelle 454 SS,Buick GS 455,Cutlass 442 W-30 or Pontiac GTOs I HATE ford im a GM man 4 life
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #100
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
This is absolutely BIASED BS!! Motortrend have obviously been bought out by Ford!

I hate motor trend car & driver because they dont give GM enough well deserved credit,but they cater to crap & trash like honda,ford,toyota subaru etc GM always did & still does make remarkable vehicles
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #101
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
so are they gonna make it with an auto or what? why make a great car like this & only make it in manual? it doesnt make sense to me GM if you wanna sell a shitload of ZL1s make a lot of autos & manuals,let the customers decide on what trans they want dont just offer one transmission & be done with it give us the option to choose
maybe because old school muscle cars are all manual ... its the way it is ... but i agree, for sales purposes an auto should be offered (although a car like this should not be bought in auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
I agree with you on the interior,the 5th gen Camaro interior is crappy I think all 3 car companies are taking the retro thing too far
are you crazy?!? that interior is beautiful... that red stitching alone is ... but then again I have a RJT now and will probably get the same color in the ZL1 so the red stitching will help me match overall ... and suade is so nice and comfortable...
Old 04-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #102
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post

are you crazy?!? that interior is beautiful... that red stitching alone is ... but then again I have a RJT now and will probably get the same color in the ZL1 so the red stitching will help me match overall ... and suade is so nice and comfortable...
Rocky, with all of the complaints about thin paint and how easily it chips, how has the paint been on your car. If they do not make the ZL1 in a lighter blue color, RJT is my backup color, if it is available.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #103
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Rocky, with all of the complaints about thin paint and how easily it chips, how has the paint been on your car. If they do not make the ZL1 in a lighter blue color, RJT is my backup color, if it is available.
my RJT has only chiped along the front bumper in very small spots ... most likely from tiny pebble on the road hitting me as most of my driving is highway... that can EASILY be primed and fixed to look like new

other that that and someone love tapping me in the rear for a tiny tiny paint chip (also very easily fixed to new) ... my paint is fine...

im thinking ZL1 in RJT like the orignal promo pictures.. or summit white with havoc racing stripes on the side... black and white contrast is ... but then again... girls really dig red cars ... its the color of passion
Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #104
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
ZL1 proposed brochure cover...

The ZL-1 looks good in green, kinda reminds me of the 1969 SS brochure cover...
Attached Images

spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #105
caramaro1969

Drives: 69,82,84 & 10 camaros,87 GMC,07z06
ive heard from a reputable dealer ordering will start this june and only one or two will be alotted for dealers that have good sales records(3 in my state)also heard production will start before january..with 300-500 only being produced.and a price you may have to pay over sticker(we'll see,gas going up and economy sucks).i have one on my agenda....z06 will be paid for in a month or 2....
caramaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #106
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramaro1969 View Post
ive heard from a reputable dealer ordering will start this june and only one or two will be alotted for dealers that have good sales records(3 in my state)also heard production will start before january..with 300-500 only being produced.and a price you may have to pay over sticker(we'll see,gas going up and economy sucks).....
That is at odds with all the information that I've been able to obtain so far. The first orders of ZL1s will begin in Q4 2011, with production starting in January 2012, and the first customer deliveries will start in late February and early March 2012.

Also, the ZL1 is not going to be a limited run production vehicle as the 2011 Indy Pace Car is, with only 500 units being built. Chevrolet will build as many ZL1s as there are orders for them.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #107
caramaro1969

Drives: 69,82,84 & 10 camaros,87 GMC,07z06
he just told me this yesterday,and is new news since last week when i talked to him.knowing GM and the FOREVER of pushing back the camaro5,nothing surprises me on latest news.....if the price on the zl1 is stupid i may as well buy another c6/7 corvette
caramaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #108
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Well I can see only 300 to 500 being made in the first month of production, due to the fact production may start after the first week in
January. Also keep in mind they will be making all the other camaro's at the same time at the same factory I am assuming? So keeping that in mind, I can see the first month or two being pretty limited on the availabilty of the LZ1. That's why I went and placed my name first on my
dealers list back in January figuring this may happen. But as the year
progresses there should be plenty around for those interested in this car.

But heck their's so many unkowns about this car such as all the colors,
will there be an automatic, all the options, and of course the MSRP.
Those are all factors for me along with my dealer sticking to his promise
that I will be able to buy the car at the MSRP.

Fortunately for me I must have 30 chevy dealers within an hour's drive
of where I live, so that helps with the negotiations some what.

Will know more in about 6 months and hopefully sooner then that, will
see.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #109
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
The ZL-1 looks good in green, kinda reminds me of the 1969 SS brochure cover...
That is some really nice photoshop work.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #110
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
That is some really nice photoshop work.
Thank you very much. Hope to see you at some of the Camaro5 meets...
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #111
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
Thank you very much. Hope to see you at some of the Camaro5 meets...
I went to the C5 Fest last year and had a great time but I am saving for the ZL1 this year so I will have to wait for next year. Take care.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #112
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
my RJT has only chiped along the front bumper in very small spots ... most likely from tiny pebble on the road hitting me as most of my driving is highway... that can EASILY be primed and fixed to look like new

other that that and someone love tapping me in the rear for a tiny tiny paint chip (also very easily fixed to new) ... my paint is fine...

im thinking ZL1 in RJT like the orignal promo pictures.. or summit white with havoc racing stripes on the side... black and white contrast is ... but then again... girls really dig red cars ... its the color of passion
Thanks for the info, with the paint problems they are having I will have to wait until the end of the year to see what will be available.