Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS vs. 2012 Audi A4
2013 Camaro 2LT/RS 43 86.00%
Audi A4 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
2013 Camaro 2LT/RS vs. 2012 Audi A4

I've been looking to get a new car lately, but I am having trouble choosing between Chevrolet and Audi. Ofcourse I love the looks, and the performance of the camaro, along with the sportiness it possesses. But, at the same time I enjoy the luxury features associated with the Audi A4, and the "status" symbol that comes along with owning an Audi in a small country town. The Audi seems to provide a smooth and luxurious ride, whereas the camaro has a sporty, young (I'm 17) ego! I guess what I am asking is which would you choose? Here is what I have so far...

CAMARO PROS:
-Cheaper insurance than Audi
-Cheaper Maintanance
-Cheaper in general
-5 star safety ratings
-Awesome head turner
-Performance
-Decent Gas Mileage
-HUD
-Touchscreen MyLink
-ITS A CAMARO
-Halo Headlamps

A4 PROS:
-Luxury Vehicle
-Automatic Climate Control
-Better Gas Mileage
-ITS AN AUDI
-smoother ride
-Smaller than Camaro
-Design of Daylight Running Lights
-Sleek
-4 doors
-Seats 5

I really don't have a bias towards the performance, so it's not a deal breaker for me. I am just really torn between which would be more fun to own, yet comfortable. I want to leave the dealership with the best choice for ME, but I need help deciding. So what would you choose, and why?

Last edited by Kleeeb; 05-30-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Kleeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Seeing as you are my age... You'll want to know that the camaro will get you way more girls than an Audi will! At least where I'm from...

Go with the Camaro!
Btw, as for your pole, expect it to be heavily weighed towards the camaro side! to C5
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Kleeeb

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
Seeing as you are my age... You'll want to know that the camaro will get you way more girls than an Audi will! At least where I'm from...

Go with the Camaro!
Btw, as for your pole, expect it to be heavily weighed towards the camaro side! to C5
I expected as much, lol. Thanks for your opinion Scooter! And thanks for the warming Welcome!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
why do you say the Camaro will be cheaper on insurance?
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
Kleeeb

Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
why do you say the Camaro will be cheaper on insurance?
Audi parts are more expensive to manufacture and replace and that factors in on insurance cost. Also, the Camaro is the first car to get 5-star safety ratings in every category, which weighs on the safety side of the insurance. That, along with the Onstar Discount that State Farm offers, brings the cost of insurance of the Camaro lower than that of a more expensive Audi.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
I expected as much, lol. Thanks for your opinion Scooter! And thanks for the warming Welcome!
No prob... I have an LS and get compliments almost everyday as it truly sticks out of the crowd! Nothing against the A4, its a great car for a middle aged housewife, but for HS guys the Camaro gets you noticed and thus can't be beat for the price! Good luck with whatever you choose though...
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Kleeeb

1LT or 2LT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
No prob... I have an LS and get compliments almost everyday as it truly sticks out of the crowd! Nothing against the A4, its a great car for a middle aged housewife, but for HS guys the Camaro gets you noticed and thus can't be beat for the price! Good luck with whatever you choose though...
Thanks. I want a 2LT, not for the leather because I am not thrilled about that (I am OCD and I hate that leather cracks and wrinkles) but because of the other little goodies, such as HUD, backup Camera, 4 gauge cluster, etc. I originally wanted a 1LT, so I may fall back on that later on. Who knows!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
crateish

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT/RS Coupe
Chevy = American.

Audi = Not so much.

But at 17, I would have been thrilled with either. Girls do like the Camaro, as pointed out. That would have influenced me greatly at your age.

I had a Chevelle Malibu SS.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I also had the same decision that you made at 17. It's really ironic. I chose the Camaro, and don't regret it. At college I have girls screaming at me... just saying.

Oh.. and there is this that a friend sent me one time...

Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
I've been looking to get a new car lately, but I am having trouble choosing between Chevrolet and Audi. Ofcourse I love the looks, and the performance of the camaro, along with the sportiness it possesses. But, at the same time I enjoy the luxury features associated with the Audi A5, and the "status" symbol that comes along with owning an Audi in a small country town. The Audi seems to provide a smooth and luxurious ride, whereas the camaro has a sporty, young (I'm 17) ego! I guess what I am asking is which would you choose? Here is what I have so far...

CAMARO PROS:
-Cheaper insurance than Audi
-Cheaper Maintanance
-Cheaper in general
-5 star safety ratings
-Awesome head turner
-Performance
-Decent Gas Mileage
-HUD
-Touchscreen MyLink
-ITS A CAMARO
-Halo Headlamps

A4 PROS:
-Luxury Vehicle
-Automatic Climate Control
-Better Gas Mileage
-ITS AN AUDI
-smoother ride
-Smaller than Camaro
-Design of Daylight Running Lights
-Sleek
-4 doors
-Seats 5

I really don't have a bias towards the performance, so it's not a deal breaker for me. I am just really torn between which would be more fun to own, yet comfortable. I want to leave the dealership with the best choice for ME, but I need help deciding. So what would you choose, and why?
Welcome and greetings,

You definitely have to chose Chevrolet. You'll get a feeling like none other behind the wheel of a Camaro. Speaking of that, I'd recommend going out for a test drive when you get a chance. Hands on experience is always the best experience .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
Kleeeb

OLD SCHOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateish View Post
Chevy = American.

Audi = Not so much.

But at 17, I would have been thrilled with either. Girls do like the Camaro, as pointed out. That would have influenced me greatly at your age.

I had a Chevelle Malibu SS.
Old School. Hehe I don't have an affection for most foreign vehicles, but Audis are my weakness. I aspire to one day own an Audi R8! I really do love both vehicles. Thanks for your opinion, Cratefish!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
Kleeeb

Loyalty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Welcome and greetings,

You definitely have to chose Chevrolet. You'll get a feeling like none other behind the wheel of a Camaro. Speaking of that, I'd recommend going out for a test drive when you get a chance. Hands on experience is always the best experience .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
My friend actually owns a 2012 1LT, and I have driven it a few times! I really enjoy the taught steering and the electronic acceleration. I have yet to drive an Audi, but they are INDEED beautiful cars. I believe in the end, I will choose the Camaro, but I enjoy reading everyones opinions! And thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
Kleeeb

Made MY DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
I also had the same decision that you made at 17. It's really ironic. I chose the Camaro, and don't regret it. At college I have girls screaming at me... just saying.

Oh.. and there is this that a friend sent me one time...

This post MADE MY DAY! Thanks so much, Austin. That's so ironic how someone posted that on Insta and it got back to you! That's awesome. Soooooooo, did you say yes?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Foreign vs non-foreign is irrelevant in this discussion. Camaro built in Canada, Audi built in Germany.

I have a similar mentality as you. The first car I bought on my own was a Lexus SC430. I liked the convertible, but also valued the status symbol that came along with it. Ended up trading it in for the Camaro. Wouldn't have done it for any other Chevy except the Corvette as they don't have the same cache. The Camaro nameplate has enough status that it holds its own against an Audi A4 and for my taste it has enough creature comforts to complement how fun it is to drive and the character it has. You just can't really compare a Camaro to a sedan. Save the sedan for when you have kids and need to shove someone in the back seat.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2lt, audi, camaro, luxury, pros