Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
rwhxk3
S1N1STR

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Diode Dynamic Demon Eyes & Halo Board RGBW

I installed both on my RS projector headlights. A couple things I’ve noticed during the install in the headlights.

1) the brackets they send aren’t designed for the camaro headlight. I still used them, but only used one side of the mount. Being said, you can see the heat extractor on the demon eye LED board through the projector lens. I believe there should be a custom bracket for the Camaro projector. It would make installation much easier.

2) the wire harnesses coming from the demon eyes and LED halo boards have to go through the light casing. I drilled a hole, fed the wires through and then used Permatex to seal hole. I’m worried about the wires from the LED halo board because of the weaved insulation around the wires. Hopefully the permatex made its way into there and sealed off. Don’t want any condensation build up.

3) I used the discontinued Diode Dynamics Butyl sealant the reseal my lights. No used permatex last time. I got as much of the old silicone off, but there was some residual left over. Hopefully the lights are sealed good.

Now that I have the lights finished, mounting and wiring is next on my list. I’m trying to figure out where to wire them to. I do not want to tap into the harness, which leaves the fuse box as where I will get my power from. Not sure where to use a add a fuse tap though. I have a 2ss non RS car. Has anyone done this mod, or a similar, and tapped into the fuse box? I want the halos and the demon eyes to work only when the car is on. Also want the demon eyes to shut off when the headlights are on.

This mod also allowed me to fix my side marker & fog light issues (corroded harness that gen5diy so kindly updated for me). Also installed the ZL1 Addons tow hook while bumper cover was off.

Anyone that wants to chime in on the install please do. I’m not finished with it yet and need some pointers on how to run the wiring for the drivers and the controllers for the LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rwhxk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
rwhxk3
S1N1STR

Also, it would be nice for Diode Dynamics to come out with LED strips that are RGBW so I can use my existent controllers. Wouldn’t mind putting engine bay lighting or mail slot lighting on the ride. I hope you’re reading this, DD!

Old 08-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #3
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
No pics?
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
rwhxk3
S1N1STR

Not yet. I’ll take some once I have them back on and wired right. I didn’t take installation pics in the headlights themselves. I’m not good with that stuff. Once I’m in the zone I don’t have time to take pics and disrupt my productivity.