Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
bowtie98607

Drives: 12 SS2RS, 73 RS/TypeLT, 68 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvrrrr View Post
My son just moved to Longview Washington he's trying to talk me and his mom to move up there from SoCal .I'm a truck driver, I wonder what kind of work is up there for truck driver?
As with most places there is a lot of trucking. It is very competitive though. I have over 15 friends that drive truck. Independent or corporate.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #16
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Jeez. Oak Harbor? That's so far from everything. :( I wouldn't expect you to show up to any of the meets that Gary (With envy) sets up, typically quite a ways from where you are.

I went to Sturgis last year. It was a blast. We had like a 13-car Camarovan rolling together out of WA. People would move the hell out of our way when they saw us bearing down on them. It was awesome.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #17
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Jeez. Oak Harbor? That's so far from everything. :( I wouldn't expect you to show up to any of the meets that Gary (With envy) sets up, typically quite a ways from where you are.

I went to Sturgis last year. It was a blast. We had like a 13-car Camarovan rolling together out of WA. People would move the hell out of our way when they saw us bearing down on them. It was awesome.
I'm Hoping I Can Make The Sturgis Run This Year - Did You Meet Up With The Gang From Spokane And Then Camarovan To Sturgis? Bet People Moved Over Just To See All The Camero's
Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #18
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post

I'm sad now.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #19
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSloth View Post
I'm sad now.
You just need to plan events up in your area that we can drive up to. As long as its a drive, I like going.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Hey, it's all relative. Some of us bought our cars to drive so we get up early and make the effort. If you want to attend something, you will do it and the drives are not that far. Ou can also meet up with others driving and make it a camarovan.
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #21
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
I'm Hoping I Can Make The Sturgis Run This Year - Did You Meet Up With The Gang From Spokane And Then Camarovan To Sturgis? Bet People Moved Over Just To See All The Camero's
I was going to leave from a meeting place over here and go to Spokane with everyone, but I got out of work too late that day and missed it. Drove through the night to get to the hotel in Spokane and I was there in the morning with everyone. Got there at like 1am or something. I bet I had the better drive over given that there was no traffic and I was able to haul ass later in the evening. :P
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #22
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflyn lo View Post
Hey, it's all relative. Some of us bought our cars to drive so we get up early and make the effort. If you want to attend something, you will do it and the drives are not that far. Ou can also meet up with others driving and make it a camarovan.
That sounds like what I do now.
The drive from seattle to oak harbor was only about an hour and 20 minutes (took the ferry at tillicum?) to clinton and then about 45 minutes to oak harbor.

Right now I drive an 2 hours for anything. So.
shouldn't be horrible.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #23
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Hey, welcome aboard. A number of events have been posted on Facebook page under events for the summer. Hope to see you at some.
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #24
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
I know a metric f$#k ton of vette people up there also who are super cool dude with a lingenfelter zr1, his son has an 03 z06 that is built and a 69 chevelle. My parents (also vette people) are up there a lot. You will have a lot of fun there... Lots to do!

Good luck with the move!!

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #25
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
You'll be moving into a neighborhood with a COTW. Tim Collet (RED DEMON SS) lives up there. I'm sure he'll be happy to show you around, and he likes to help people work on their 5th gens.

Oh yeah,... and as Forged Reality mentioned, I'm Gary. You'll probably see me around. Welcome to the NW!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #26
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
I know a metric f$#k ton of vette people up there also who are super cool dude with a lingenfelter zr1, his son has an 03 z06 that is built and a 69 chevelle. My parents (also vette people) are up there a lot. You will have a lot of fun there... Lots to do!

Good luck with the move!!
All the vette people down here are rude older people.
snobby, rude, borring. Just not friendly.. so that's nice to hear.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #27
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
You'll be moving into a neighborhood with a COTW. Tim Collet (RED DEMON SS) lives up there. I'm sure he'll be happy to show you around, and he likes to help people work on their 5th gens.

Oh yeah,... and as Forged Reality mentioned, I'm Gary. You'll probably see me around. Welcome to the NW!
Can't wait to get up there! I'm Cory.
Really happy that there are a lot of camaro people up here.
I was going to leave my car here with my mom until i came back.

not gonna happen now.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #28
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Liralen lives in Oak Harbor, too - she has a Hotwheels edition SS, and is often driving south to meet up with the Western WA group, you could cruise with her!

Welcome!