Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #1
twenty_below0

Drives: 13' ZL1, 04 SS Silverado, GS-F
Squash system problems......no reply from Squash??

Recent build full bolt on 13' ZL1, 7000-ish miles , SBE , ported heads, cam 2.38/8.66 etc, basically everything you can do except an interchiller , car makes 800-ish on E85 to the tire. I decided to use Squash from previously read good reviews........since the install we've had several hiccups and cant get Squash to return an email or phone call....is that normal for Squash?
2 months, 1000 miles and pumps loosing pressure, checked wiring/voltage at the pump, regulator, hobb switch, etc. all is found to be done correctly and functioning correctly, except for loosing fuel pressure.
Details are as follows, dual 525 pumps for E85, 1/2" hard stainless feed line to aftermarket fuel rails, Aero motive boost referenced regulator, stock supply line used as the return line, stainless hardline to regulator for boost. Hob switch provided by Squash activates secondary pump when it sees 2-3lbs of boost and is functioning properly,flex fuel sensor on the return line.
Car hits 5200-ish rpms fuel pressure drops from a steady 60lbs to 50, car falls on its face, the car "did not" do this the first 900 miles, pressure would not drop below 58 regardless of RPM or duration, its appears like the primary or secondary pump is fading. Cars making 800-ish to the tire on E85, worked great for the first 900 miles and tune was spot on based on logs, drivability etc.
Any help here on how to actually speak to a human at Squash Id sure appreciate it, shop is setting on the car waiting to hear from squash on return for inspection or what they suggest be done......frustrating for everyone involved when they wont answer a call or emails and there's been several over the past week with zero correspondence in return. If someone knows how to actually contact Squash or maybe why their not responding Id appreciate the help, I dont wanna be "that guy" to go on forums and complain but Im not sure what else to do at this point. Thank you
twenty_below0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:59 PM   #2
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
They’ve always responded to me really quickly. Were you trying to get them recently? Maybe they were at FL2K last week?
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
twenty_below0

thats good to hear

I'm hoping that's the case or maybe closed for health reason or something , frustrating when there's zero communication and no notices on voicemail or website about being gone or unavailable.....hoping we hear something soon. Thank you for the response
Old 10-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Just keep emailing them. They'll get back to you. Andy is a good dude and he's always glad to help but he's the main guy running customer service. If he's out for a big event they can be difficult to reach. Gotta get to the races.

As for your issue I wonder if your secondary pump is always running. If that's the case it might be heating up and dropping pressure when you need it.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #5
twenty_below0

thats good to hear

Thanks for replying that makes me feel a bit better, hopefully hes getting back soon, if you interact with him for another customer or for whatever reason please let him know theres some folks needing him to respond!