Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #57
Mmcmon

Drives: ZL1
Smile

Check your ECT vs startup airflow tables. You can log the start up but make sure your wide band is logging so you can monitor changes in lambda during crank up.
Also, most shops won’t touch your VVE tables which helps a lot in smoothing out your fuel map, especially during low rpm conditions right after startup conditions. You went with 1300 injectors, so make sure your tune is scaled properly.

Also, learn how to tune your engine yourself and don’t rely on shops. No one will give it more attention then you will.
Mmcmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #58
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I agree. That's the table I was referring to. All of the other points are spot-on as well.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #59
Astatenate

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Update: I been super busy at work and she’s been parked in the garage. After leaving my ZL1 with GPI the guys couldn’t correct the hot start issue via the tune. One of the OG guys up there suggested I swap my OEM LSA injectors back in. And they loaded a stock start up file in. The car starts hot / cold perfectly. So seems like one or more of my injectors were messed up. I have a lifetime warranty on them. So I sent all 8 back. They’ll all be back Monday. They’ll send me 8 good ones. We’ll load the other tuned start up file back in and fingers crossed. I’ll be good to go
787WHP/ 719TQ | Fully Forged Short Block | Custom Spec GPI Cam | DSX aux pump & FF sensor| 1200cc FIC Injectors | Lingfelter 10.0” pulley & ATI damper | RotoFab Intake | ZZ Performance solid isolator | Kooks Headers | Corsa Catback | AFCO dual fan HX | Reinforced IC brick | AEM 3-in-1 Gauge | GPI Tuned | Carbon Fiber WickerBill | Morimoto Tail-lights | WELD S71 + ET STREET R’s
Astatenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #60
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Wow, that sucks. Hopefully you identified the issue. At least you have a warranty w/ the injectors, but that's still a shot at FIC for the down time and labor.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #61
xdamxincx
Banned

Drives: zl1 blk
interesting... im about to buy some fic 1200s ... might have to get them checked first... that sux
xdamxincx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #62
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Wow, that sucks. Hopefully you identified the issue. At least you have a warranty w/ the injectors, but that's still a shot at FIC for the down time and labor.
Labor = me, myself and I . But down time away from things I’d rather be doing. Yeah haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdamxincx View Post
interesting... im about to buy some fic 1200s ... might have to get them checked first... that sux
Yeah super good on the email/phone replies. Great customer service. But sucks this was the issue I been wondering about for 2 months. That was clear an issue from the get go.
787WHP/ 719TQ | Fully Forged Short Block | Custom Spec GPI Cam | DSX aux pump & FF sensor| 1200cc FIC Injectors | Lingfelter 10.0” pulley & ATI damper | RotoFab Intake | ZZ Performance solid isolator | Kooks Headers | Corsa Catback | AFCO dual fan HX | Reinforced IC brick | AEM 3-in-1 Gauge | GPI Tuned | Carbon Fiber WickerBill | Morimoto Tail-lights | WELD S71 + ET STREET R’s
Old 10-27-2020, 07:01 PM   #63
Astatenate

Update #2 - So my injectors got there yesterday. They tested them today. I received a call from the main guy at FIC he apologized for the inconvenience. Apparently the part # “ FIC127CTSV” on their site. Is a NON extended tip and when the fuel temp rises on rails, the pressure increases and these apparently do not atomize well at all with increased pressure. They almost shut close, especially running e85 and a lot of mods. The non extended tips are apparently only good for light bolt on CTS-C and ZL1’s.. So he said the extended tip updated versions of those do NOT have that issue. And they’re normally $200 more + the price of adapters for EV1 to EV6 plugs. But he’s giving them to me at NO EXTRA COST! and he’s going to send them out first thing in the morning! So customer service is great!!! FIC rocks!!
Old 10-27-2020, 10:08 PM   #64
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Thanks for posting this. It’s important to know
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #65
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Thanks for posting this. It’s important to know
Of course! Thought that was pretty valuable information! when I get them thrown in this weekend and start up file done. Should fix problem completely!

Update for anyone following the build: Next for the build will be a cam, stage 1 or stage 3 + circle D converter and 355hv oil pump / bypass valve delete to prevent bearing damage!
Old 11-05-2020, 09:09 AM   #66
Astatenate

Got the new injectors in and installed. Scheduled tune. It was completed yesterday and happy to report NO MORE HOT START issues so I’m stoked. Car is running as strong as ever!! Can’t wait to continue modding!

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone at FIC from the girl who helped answer all my questions on how to return. To the owner calling me after testing them and assuring they worked and getting me new injectors that work better with my build! Great guys! And glad to know they sent me perfectly working injectors from the get go! Just wasn’t right for my setup!! The guys are great and they back their product!!
Old 11-12-2020, 10:45 AM   #67
nazarah

Drives: 2004 Dodge Viper
Reading this thread makes me dream. I just have to keep repeating to myself.........Must not mod my DD!
nazarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #68
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazarah View Post
Reading this thread makes me dream. I just have to keep repeating to myself.........Must not mod my DD!
I can be a good or bad influence. Let me know which one you’d like
Old 11-12-2020, 02:52 PM   #69
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astatenate View Post
I can be a good or bad influence. Let me know which one you’d like
LOL. I'll go ahead and play the role of bad influence. Go ahead and mod that driver! I drive mine every day with the mods in the signature. Plus still planning for the future to add e85, M311 heads, and ported blower/103TB/Rotofab big-gulp intake. It makes the daily drive MUCH more fun.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #70
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
LOL. I'll go ahead and play the role of bad influence. Go ahead and mod that driver! I drive mine every day with the mods in the signature. Plus still planning for the future to add e85, M311 heads, and ported blower/103TB/Rotofab big-gulp intake. It makes the daily drive MUCH more fun.

Hell yeah man! Drive it like what it was built for!!