Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
bingster223

Drives: 2015 1LT/RS hot red/black
Reduced power mode service stabilitrac

Less than a mile from home i went into reduced power mode with a service message for stabilitrac and 3 c.e.l.'s . I tried restarting car still had all the messages i turned off both traction control and stabilitrac it was drivable but still had check engine light, i mentioned this to my wife she reminded me of her Subaru doing the same thing and it was her gas cap being loose so i checked mine it seemed good but i took it off and put it back on started up the car and everything cleared up and went away. Been driving all day no issues

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
bingster223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Do you have a throttle control? If you do try unplugging it.
K.C.'s ported Overkill 80mm TB, K.C.'s ported intake manifold,Jacfab Extendolator manifold spacers,K+N Typhoon cai, Dynomax Valvetech axle back exhaust, Elite E-2 Catch Can, Jet stage two performance modual
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #3
bingster223

Yes i do. It all went back to normal after i put the gas cap back on but I'll try that too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #4
Rskx

Drives: Victory Red 1LT Rs
I had same issues with throttle control.
Rskx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #5
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
I got the check engine light and the codes were for gas cap and something in emmissions so I ordered a new gas cap with new black o ring and replaced my o ring on the Elite Catch can. Disconnected battery a while to clear codes and hoping this does it. Light has come on 3x this year. Thinking the o rings are causing the pressure leaks and codes. Anybody have issues with Catch can seals causing a check engine code?
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #6
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
It's from the throttle controller. Reset battery by unbolting wire and wait 15 minutes to hook it back up. You will have to reprogram the windows up/down and should be good to go from there.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
Lacpac

It's been almost 3 weeks since I replaced the gas cap and o ring on Elite Catch Can. They sent me 6 or so free of charge. No codes since. I know it could be the throttle controller but it's only happened 2-3 times in the last year. I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #8
bingster223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
It's been almost 3 weeks since I replaced the gas cap and o ring on Elite Catch Can. They sent me 6 or so free of charge. No codes since. I know it could be the throttle controller but it's only happened 2-3 times in the last year. I'll keep an eye on it.
I've had it happen 3 times since the original time and I'm sure it's the throttle control. All I do when it happens is turn off car go open my gas cap then close it, that takes away the service stabili track message and the 2 traction control and stability lights. The check engine light stays on but the next time I start the car that goes away also. I'm going to get the car tuned soon and take out the throttle control

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 02:23 AM   #9
Machinehead

Drives: 2012 LS
one time i had a stabilitrak error cuz i almost stalled but didnt then i went into limp mode and almost got hit by a big rig
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #10
bingster223

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
It's from the throttle controller. Reset battery by unbolting wire and wait 15 minutes to hook it back up. You will have to reprogram the windows up/down and should be good to go from there.
Is it easy to reset the windows? And which wire do I unbolt? Thanks for a solution I had the reduced power pop up today again. I mean I goes away just by opening the gas cap and the c.e.l. goes away later the same day but that's about 5 time or more now. Eventually I'm going to get a tune and take the throttle control off

Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #11
Lacpac

Got the Check engine light again, and the stabilitrac limp mode for the first time when I tried to floor it from about 15 mph. Pulled over to the side of the road, restarted twice and was out of limp mode. Engine light still on, but I just bought a OBDII reader for $21 on Amazon and reset it. Recalibrated TC. One more time this happens and the Throttle controller comes off! I'm only running in SP4... this shouldn't happen.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #12
bingster223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
Got the Check engine light again, and the stabilitrac limp mode for the first time when I tried to floor it from about 15 mph. Pulled over to the side of the road, restarted twice and was out of limp mode. Engine light still on, but I just bought a OBDII reader for $21 on Amazon and reset it. Recalibrated TC. One more time this happens and the Throttle controller comes off! I'm only running in SP4... this shouldn't happen.
I have the same issue I've been opening my gas cap then close it then restart your car and it goes away the cel stays but after a couple restarts it clears. I have a post up about it. i was advised that by disconnecting the battery or a wire on the battery for a few minutes will reset it but the you need to reprogram your windows. Once i find out how im going to try this.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #13
bingster223

Dang i did notice this wad in my post lol

Old 09-13-2017, 12:29 AM   #14
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
I don't see how the gas cap can fix an issue with the throttle controller. Lol. There is no relation. Your recurring problem most likely has something to do with an emissions sensor.