Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-21-2019, 08:35 AM   #15
B.mik

Drives: 2010 LLT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Whoops , typo on the year
My son had just got home less than ten minutes before I shot this video. Everything is at operating temperature. Had the oil been cold , the pressure would have been higher. At start up for this video , it held 70 P.S.I. at fast idle. What does everyone else holding for their pressure at operating temperature?
Thank you Piensky, i really appreciate it, i am taking the car back to him this Monday to sort this out, hope i can persuade him to open it up again and track the issue.
B.mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:45 AM   #16
B.mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Mine idles around 30# and regularly gets to 70# while driving.
Well i never idled higher than 15-16 when it was fully warmed up (200 F) but that was fine with me until this happened.. i am betting there is a leak causing the drop in pressure, problem is i am not seeing a drop in oil level other than the normal consumption and there is no visible oil leak underneath the car or inside the bay, but i do smell burnt oil sometimes.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #17
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I would be just speculating as I have no idea , however , that is what I'm guessing. Big job too.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:57 AM   #18
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Oil pressure is definitely too low. Normal ranges, depending on temperature, should be 20-30 PSI at idle and 60-70 PSI when reved. I have never seen a LLT with this low of idle oil pressure. Something wrong in my opinion. Another note, the GM oil pressure gage leave a lot to be desired when estimating temperatures between marks. I have always double checked oil pressures with an accurate oil pressure gage with higher resolution.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #19
B.mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Oil pressure is definitely too low. Normal ranges, depending on temperature, should be 20-30 PSI at idle and 60-70 PSI when reved. I have never seen a LLT with this low of idle oil pressure. Something wrong in my opinion. Another note, the GM oil pressure gage leave a lot to be desired when estimating temperatures between marks. I have always double checked oil pressures with an accurate oil pressure gage with higher resolution.
Yeah it is very low, i took it back to him and he actually said that the gauge isn’t accurate.. so i am gong to purchase a direct gauge, any idea where is the sender located to test the oil pressure ?
Old 03-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #20
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
The oil pressure sender is located in the oil filter housing down low but it is a special metric "O" ring adapter. You must get an adapter that fits the hole in the filter housing and converts it to whatever fitting you need to adapt to the aftermarket oil pressure gauge. Possible a hydraulic supply house would have an adapter fitting. My question is,"How does he know the stock gauge is inaccurate?"
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:28 PM   #21
B.mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
The oil pressure sender is located in the oil filter housing down low but it is a special metric "O" ring adapter. You must get an adapter that fits the hole in the filter housing and converts it to whatever fitting you need to adapt to the aftermarket oil pressure gauge. Possible a hydraulic supply house would have an adapter fitting. My question is,"How does he know the stock gauge is inaccurate?"
I have no idea, i never mentioned anything about this, maybe he read online somewhere, but yeah i really feel he is just trying anything to avoid opening the engine again, i even brought a friend of mine with his 2013 lfx to compare his gauge to mine after showing him the video that our friend Piensky uploaded but all in vain, he always has his excuse ready, i am so annoyed and frustrated and i don’t know what to do, i daily drive this car and i can’t afford losing an engine after everything i payed for in maintenance.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:01 AM   #22
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
It is preventive maintenance and cheap insurance to replace your timing chain. Catastrophic timing chain failure occurs more often on the V8 LS3 and L99 than the V6 LLT and LFX. It is a good rule of thumb to replace your timing chain and sprocket on your V6 LLT and LFX every 100K miles.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:19 PM   #23
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Only the early build 2009 received the ductile chains that stretch.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #24
Dawid

Drives: Camaro
This confirms. I am after replacement of timing from Cloyes.
Dawid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #25
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Only the early build 2009 received the ductile chains that stretch.
How early, I'm July 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawid View Post
This confirms. I am after replacement of timing from Cloyes.
??
Old 04-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #26
Dawid

Drives: Camaro
I have a car from July 2009. The timing was replaced at 112 thousand km. because there was a camshaft error. I bought the entire timing chain set from Cloyes.
Dawid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:13 PM   #27
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawid View Post
I have a car from July 2009. The timing was replaced at 112 thousand km. because there was a camshaft error. I bought the entire timing chain set from Cloyes.
That is pretty good for the orig weak chains, I would think you are good to go for a long time now.