Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
am I Cold hearted or what???

Went to walmart today & saw a boy (no older than 23 maybe a couple years younger) holding a sign, "Family in need, Please help & god bless" next to the main road going in to walmart.
Well at the other stop sign closer to walmart must of been his GF about the same age, holding her own sign "Please Help Family in need, 2 1/2month old twins"

My comment to my daughter was If I was in the mood I would tell them to go GET A JOB.

Heck McDonalds is always hiring, in our town & so is burger King. they keep people in their jobs because most of their staff is SRs in high school Heading out to the military or better jobs.

Am I wrong to Want to yell at them, to go get a job?????

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
I think the main problem is you never really know who is REALLY in need.

You hear everyday about people that panhandle professionally - sad really.

I don't fault you a bit for your feelings.

Last edited by Cristoff; 05-29-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Cristoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
I don't think it would have been cool to yell at them, "to go get a job", but if you could help them get a job, that would be the most thoughtful action to take.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Naw. Not cold-blooded to think it. To actually say it, not so good. I agree with you that people need to step up and take care of their own business and its frustrating to run into panhandlers.

I never give money to any of these beggars. I do give them food tho...
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
I don't think it would have been cool to yell at them, "to go get a job", but if you could help them get a job, that would be the most thoughtful action to take.
If they wanted to work, they could. Her help is not gonna increase their chances of getting a job they are qualified for. Helping people who very much need help is one thing. Helping people who won't help themselves is quite another.
Granted, we don't know the story behind this, but apparently they don't have physical disablities from holding down a job. Mental disabilites is quite another story.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Naw. Not cold-blooded to think it. To actually say it, not so good. I agree with you that people need to step up and take care of their own business and its frustrating to run into panhandlers.

I never give money to any of these beggars. I do give them food tho...
I grew up in a family where, even though my dad was in the Military, we could bearly make sure that there was food on the table, let alone pay for bills.

We raised animals for meat, chickens, rabbits, pigs & cows.

We were also on food stamps for many years.

That is one thing that my husband & I make sure that never happens around here, Food & bills are always made sure, they are taken care of first.

If we can do other things then thats fine.

Teaching our kids to make sure they take care of themselves is another thing.

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
I recall people shouting ,"Get a job!" at me in the late 1960's and early 1970's, when I was a teenager who had a job, never begged, ever,and yet was insulted by people older than myself. I learned to keep my initial ripostes quiet. It was clear to me that this lashing out at the young had been provoked by a media rife with anti-longhair, anti-counterculture, anti-intellectual campaigns. The "angry" public didn't really think through why they were angry. I never blamed them.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
The PAC-NW has, for some reason, an abundance of younger age panhandlers..... who have a sense of entitlement... All I can say is
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
The PAC-NW has, for some reason, an abundance of younger age panhandlers..... who have a sense of entitlement... All I can say is
you will not find my kids out doing it, If you do i will kick their butts,

Old 05-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
I grew up in a family where, even though my dad was in the Military, we could bearly make sure that there was food on the table, let alone pay for bills.

We raised animals for meat, chickens, rabbits, pigs & cows.

We were also on food stamps for many years.

That is one thing that my husband & I make sure that never happens around here, Food & bills are always made sure, they are taken care of first.

If we can do other things then thats fine.

Teaching our kids to make sure they take care of themselves is another thing.
I grew up not knowing that we were "poor" by the modern American definition of poor anyway. My dad was a government employee with an annual salary of something like $4,500. We scraped by and somehow always had food on the table. As a kid, I never recall seeing anyone holding a sign, asking for help.

Well I must admit that 9 out of 10 times, when I offer to buy food for beggars, they refuse. Why? Because they really just want cash for cigarettes, beer or drugs.

Anyway, its not cold to mention to your daughter that you disapprove of panhandling. Most kids, last thing they want is to have us parents disapprove of their actions.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
I never give them money....but I will give them food...panhandlers will usually turn down that offer
Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
ramar
2nd Childhood

Drives: Synergy Green
Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
Ok I live in the country and have a farm with critters.. I'm a 57 yr old woman 5'2" 125#. I have over the years hired adults, teens, young men with young kids etc...maybe 15 different guys all saying the need work.. I have yet to find one that once they get paid come back until they are out of $$. They have tatoos, smoke and drink a ton of beer. Most all have kids with different women. It has soured me for helping folks out. I had one fella ask for $250 because his kids were hungry. I told him I won't give him any $$ but have work that he can do to help me out. Work that I do myself. Nope all of it was to hard. Just recently I had a neighbor ask to borrow $2000, he knew I had just sold my old tractor and had the cash. When I told him "no" he has yet to even wave when he goes by. I find myself heating up seeing young women with kids and pg with their goverment cards buying better food then I eat myself..quit having kids you can't support, living off tax $$ of others, get an education and support yourself. I personally am sick of it!INCLUDING ALL THE BEGGING
ramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
who was watching the twins while she is out asking for money? in okc, the same people are always on the same corner. not looking like homeless people either. they dont even have a back pack or anything else but a sign. one guys the other day said the ex wife had a better lawyer. i took that as he was a pro.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I get asked for money almost every day here in Columbus.

The day one of them asks for food, I'll take them to a buffet.