Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #155
Superdonkey23

Drives: BRM 2014 SS/M6
So I recently installed these headlights, but for the life of me I can't get the halos to work. I tried the normal t tap install but I had to add some extra wire, since the ones that came on the lights were way too short. Could there be anything I did wrong? I only attempted the passenger side one and after hours of attempting it I gave up. Could it just be a bad light?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:58 PM   #156
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdonkey23 View Post
So I recently installed these headlights, but for the life of me I can't get the halos to work. I tried the normal t tap install but I had to add some extra wire, since the ones that came on the lights were way too short. Could there be anything I did wrong? I only attempted the passenger side one and after hours of attempting it I gave up. Could it just be a bad light?
I also discovered that the halo wires were a bit short.

Sometimes when you use that type of T-Tap, you don't get a good connection. Often the metal portion of the T-tap is not sharp enough, or not small enough, to cut into the host wire. I ended up just splicing mine in completely with proper connectors, but I'm a big fan of overkill. You can just remove the T-tap, look at the connections and see if it actually connected properly.

If not, use a knife or other sharp instrument to pre-cut the wire before you reattach the T-tap, to ensure a good connection.

I doubt you received a bad light, as Eagle Eyes typically have above-par quality control, but it's possible.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:57 AM   #157
Superdonkey23

Drives: BRM 2014 SS/M6
Finally got it. I tried the fuse tap method first and it didn't work, tried it again and sure enough I had the fuse set in the wrong slot on the tap. Works like a charm now!
Old 02-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #158
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdonkey23 View Post
Finally got it. I tried the fuse tap method first and it didn't work, tried it again and sure enough I had the fuse set in the wrong slot on the tap. Works like a charm now!
Sweet! Love me some fuse taps.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #159
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Nice!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #160
aris20

Drives: Camaro 2015 2SS/L99
So i bought the headlights and tail lights from phastek but i kid you not they have absolutely no intructions. Sowhere do i even begin to install these ? The bumper must come off ? I havent seen or read that anywhere but in this thread... Any guides for dummies ?
aris20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:00 AM   #161
Camaroredhot

Drives: 2014 2LS
It's not as hard as it sounds. Follow this link. I did not see where he remove the bolt unearth the side maker but there was one on my 2014. If you look back in this thread you see were you just slice into the side lights. I believe it was black to black and brown to the color wires. I did a temp connection to test before I made permanent connection.
http://youtu.be/DngiM4rn-iQ
Camaroredhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #162
oglk

Drives: 2015 ls
Finally got mine installed
Attached Images

oglk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #163
Mac42796

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS Convertible
Looking for a little help. I installed these this weekend and they look great. Pics to follow. My question is the adjustment. What do the 3 screws on the rear of the light adjust? There is 1 inboard below the low beam, 1 is above the lights between the two bulbs, and 1 below the high beam inboard. What does each one do?
Mac42796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:43 AM   #164
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac42796 View Post
Looking for a little help. I installed these this weekend and they look great. Pics to follow. My question is the adjustment. What do the 3 screws on the rear of the light adjust? There is 1 inboard below the low beam, 1 is above the lights between the two bulbs, and 1 below the high beam inboard. What does each one do?

The one on the low beam is up/down. There is no side to side adjustment

I have not done the high beam, which has both a screw on top, and bottom. Assuming because it is a "spot" projector, it will do up down side side.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #165
Rgm400

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Clean man! My question now is can you run then without the actual headlight beam on?
Rgm400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #166
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgm400 View Post
Clean man! My question now is can you run then without the actual headlight beam on?
I do.. I ran 2 wires to the fuse box. I tried running just one. But it wasn't enough juice to light both halo sets. Running 2 wires directly 2 the fuse box. So now I can crank up. Turn off my Day time running lights. But the halos stay on.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #167
steelmankind

Drives: Camaro
I noticed that this headlights come with halogen bulbs for the projector lights. How do you guys upgrade it, any recommendation?
steelmankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #168
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Change out to HIDs. Boom. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote