Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #729
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
So you`re saying that the NFL games are "fixed"? This should get some interesting replies! But I suppose if your a Cinni. or a Vikings fan that may be the only thing you can hang your hat on for why they lost!
Nope, Panther fan. So I have a few more days before I yell at the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I wear it with pride Steve....hehehe. I think you have to take a number, the line is quite long now.

I was joking and having fun, but you do have to stop and think about it now. Are you saying that no professional sports games have ever been "fixed"? Or are we just all agreeing that the 'refs' are really that bad and we can't find anyone else to do a better job? So it's like politics, we got what we got and just have to settle for it?

I would like to see, in the Playoffs, we have more reviews by the booth, and even 'questionable' calls reversed by the booth (even those not challengeable by the coaches). An example of this would be, and have seen this bad call on a few occasions, are 'Hands to the face" on Defense. Where the defensive player grabs the offensive players jersey up high and while pushing them back, the jersey slides up to the helmet of the offensive player. From a distance or quick flash of it, it does 'appear' that it is what is happening, when in fact, it is not. Bad call, auto first down by offensive, and the drive continues.

I just want some of the really bad calls to go away. Will it, Nope... will I win the Powerball, Nope. But I can keep on hoping for both.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:53 PM   #730
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Nope, Panther fan. So I have a few more days before I yell at the TV.

I wear it with pride Steve....hehehe. I think you have to take a number, the line is quite long now.

I was joking and having fun, but you do have to stop and think about it now. Are you saying that no professional sports games have ever been "fixed"? Or are we just all agreeing that the 'refs' are really that bad and we can't find anyone else to do a better job? So it's like politics, we got what we got and just have to settle for it?

I would like to see, in the Playoffs, we have more reviews by the booth, and even 'questionable' calls reversed by the booth (even those not challengeable by the coaches). An example of this would be, and have seen this bad call on a few occasions, are 'Hands to the face" on Defense. Where the defensive player grabs the offensive players jersey up high and while pushing them back, the jersey slides up to the helmet of the offensive player. From a distance or quick flash of it, it does 'appear' that it is what is happening, when in fact, it is not. Bad call, auto first down by offensive, and the drive continues.

I just want some of the really bad calls to go away. Will it, Nope... will I win the Powerball, Nope. But I can keep on hoping for both.
I do agree with you on the subject of questionable officiating. This has been some of the worst calls all year I`ve ever seen, pass interference calls are a joke. It use to be that basketball was considered a non-contact sport and football was a contact sport, now it looks like they have switched meanings! And the one I really don`t understand is as you referenced "hands to the face" how is it that isn`t called when a runner stiff arms a defensive players face mask that isn`t a penalty flag!?
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:47 PM   #731
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
I don't understand the intentional grounding call, but you can spike it behind the center to stop the clock.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:22 AM   #732
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
I don't understand the intentional grounding call, but you can spike it behind the center to stop the clock.
The reason why they can spike it behind the line of scrimmage is because the quarterback isn`t trying to avoid a sack for a loss of yardage.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:21 PM   #733
MXR

Drives: 13 ZL1 JDP 850
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ready-panthers

Beast Mode and Luke Wilson are back .
MXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #734
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXR View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ready-panthers

Beast Mode and Luke Wilson are back .
Hopefully Lynch plays this week, though after last week I'm not sure we can be certain. Maybe it was the weather last week???

One thing about Lynch that concerns me is his weight. He usually played at 210-220 pounds, and is currently 195 (or was last week). Everyone was saying he was quicker...and being 15-25 pounds less makes "beastmoding" through people a little harder. Will the weight (or lack of it) make it harder to run through people?
Old 01-15-2016, 09:50 AM   #735
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Hopefully Lynch plays this week, though after last week I'm not sure we can be certain. Maybe it was the weather last week???

One thing about Lynch that concerns me is his weight. He usually played at 210-220 pounds, and is currently 195 (or was last week). Everyone was saying he was quicker...and being 15-25 pounds less makes "beastmoding" through people a little harder. Will the weight (or lack of it) make it harder to run through people?
there is good and bad for that. Quicker means if he breaks free, he will outrun the linebackers. Quicker, means he should be able to put more moves on the secondary. Leaner, well, if a linebacker hits him, he will go backwards. There is no 'running through" people when you are under 200 lbs in the NFL.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #736
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I do think defensive PI should be a spot foul, up to 15yds. Like college.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #737
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I do think defensive PI should be a spot foul, up to 15yds. Like college.
I never liked that rule in college. That for instance A receiver is 30 or 40 yards down field. Instead of allowing the receiver to catch the foot ball just do a pass interference an only allow 15 yards.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #738
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:

From what I been reading and hearing The Seahawks was 3 and 4 when Lynch played. They was 7 and 2 with out lynch playing.
If the seahawks play like they did Sunday against Minn it lights out for them
Old 01-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #739
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I never liked that rule in college. That for instance A receiver is 30 or 40 yards down field. Instead of allowing the receiver to catch the foot ball just do a pass interference an only allow 15 yards.

I knew that would be an excuse, but that's not a problem in college. College ball is still very enjoyable to watch. Also, on the other end, if it's a ticky tack call, then it's not a game killer, like it is a lot of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #740
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Not looking good against the Panthers.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #741
SSmoothie

1st half, I don't recognizes the team playing the pathers. No pass protection, bad play calls again, 4th down you should be at the 1st down line or pass it when you catch it not two yards behind, to give the ball to the pathers and not take the field goal.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #742
SSmoothie

2nd half Seahawks finally showed up for work, Wilson bad passing, bad clock management at the end of the game. Should of kicked the field goal in the second quarter. Need a new offense play calling coach.

Through out the game Wilson was indecisive of throwing and threw to late or too early.

Defensive coverage was leaving Olson open all the time. Olson 6 first down completions.