Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2014, 01:40 AM   #1
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Just a heads up

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know XM has a free preview going on from now till Dec 2!! Just a little FYI incase you didn't know! Enjoy!!
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:10 AM   #2
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Thanks for the info. Most likely I won't subscribe, I listen mostly yo podcast and I believe that the sound quality of of XM is pretty poor.
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:55 AM   #3
trclee

Drives: 2011 SS LS3
thanks for the heads up we let our subscription expire and have been missing it in the shop.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Yea I don't subscribe but I sure like to listen to it for free for 2 weeks!
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I subscribe to XM in my Regal but not the Camaro. How did you find out about it? Did they send an email or do you periodically check their site?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Pandora is free and better.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Absolutely. Unfortunately I bought the lifetime XM subscription. XM sound quality sucks due to the compression.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Absolutely. Unfortunately I bought the lifetime XM subscription. XM sound quality sucks due to the compression.
the amount of radio stations is nice. but agreed, the reception is bad whenever you go through a sssh...kssssssss.......psssss.

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
You actually are fortunate... they no longer offer lifetime subscriptions.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i guess i am the weirdo. i like XM and have it in the camaro and my 07 envoy. i was wondering though, the sound isnt the best on XM, and i thought it was the lousy BA system in the camaro. My Envoy has a Bose system, but it sucks too.
frankly, the Monsoon system in my Firebird has both beat. but, i like XM and Pandora is good too.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Its not free if you don't have unlimited data...also if you don't subscribe it cuts you off after 30 minutes if you have not clicked on something. Another problem it relies on your cell connection, in our area you have a lot of dead areas just like XM.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #12
Mint

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
Thanks for the info. Most likely I won't subscribe, I listen mostly yo podcast and I believe that the sound quality of of XM is pretty poor.
Is the sound quality different in different areas? Here in Jersey, it's as clear as my music from a USB, Phone or AUX. FM/AM is where the quality is poor.
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #13
Dennis Northwest

Drives: 16 1SS A8 NPP
I like having XM and don't mind paying for the subscription. However, I caught them trying to bill me for another year even though I had nine months left on my free trial service and an additional 6 month credit left over from the car that I traded in. I like the service but I have no trust for how they bill for the service.
Dennis Northwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Its not free if you don't have unlimited data...also if you don't subscribe it cuts you off after 30 minutes if you have not clicked on something. Another problem it relies on your cell connection, in our area you have a lot of dead areas just like XM.
I've never had a dead "area" for XM, like with my cell. My Dodge truck gets great XM reception no matter where I am. Not so in the Camaro - I blame the Shark Fin for that. XM cuts in and out just driving under overhanging tree limbs.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote