Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #15
Abrz_

Drives: camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
I just put mine in. So far so good

On the install, there were two wire colors that did not match the manual. Manual has brown for mute and light blue/yellow for Kenwood SWC but harness has yellow/black and blue. I assumed the yellow/black was mute since some headunits use this color convention but when I had it connected, my headunit was always muted so I disconnected it. I haven't got the Kenwood SWC working yet either, I'm assuming I'll have to wire in a resistor to fix it like the last kit.

This is actually the 4th dash kit I've put in the car. I went stock>Scosche 1st Gen>Metra>Metra LC>Scosche 2nd Gen. Luckily this came out before I got the PAC kit or I might have had the whole collection

Wow that looks good any glitches with yours? So far I love mine.

19 SS Huron speed twin 62/62 turbos

18 ZL1 2650 / port / Holley / New Era Performance stage 3 pd cam / Frankenstein ported heads 9.4 @ 151 3500da
@stalk_zl1
Abrz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #16
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrz_ View Post
Wow that looks good any glitches with yours? So far I love mine.
No glitches so far, working well. Still no go on the kenwood SWC though. I added a resistor like the last kit but it's still not working so I reached out to their support.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #17
Abrz_

Drives: camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
No glitches so far, working well. Still no go on the kenwood SWC though. I added a resistor like the last kit but it's still not working so I reached out to their support.
I got a Pioneer on mine and the SWC work. Did they say anything?

19 SS Huron speed twin 62/62 turbos

18 ZL1 2650 / port / Holley / New Era Performance stage 3 pd cam / Frankenstein ported heads 9.4 @ 151 3500da
@stalk_zl1
Abrz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:24 AM   #18
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hello, RedRyder,

in the first generation of Scosche you had to switch the radio type to Kenwood. Then the SWC worked well. You had to press one button on the lcd-screen longer time. But in this time i don't know, wich button it was. Sorry, but any one can confirm this?

Best regards from Germany
opossum
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Ya, I selected Kenwood. There's a menu now that lets you choose which type of headunit it is. I tried them all just to be sure. Nothing worked. Scosche still hasn't gotten back to me..
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:03 AM   #20
jaramrezSS32

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I got a Pioneer on mine and the SWC work. Did they say anything?
i cannot seem to get my SWC with the Pioneer head unit I got
jaramrezSS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:01 PM   #21
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

On the install, there were two wire colors that did not match the manual. Manual has brown for mute and light blue/yellow for Kenwood SWC but harness has yellow/black and blue. I assumed the yellow/black was mute since some headunits use this color convention but when I had it connected, my headunit was always muted so I disconnected it. I haven't got the Kenwood SWC working yet either, I'm assuming I'll have to wire in a resistor to fix it like the last kit.
According to a person on the online chat, the yellow/black wire is for a 12 volt accessory negative. Thats not mentioned in the instructions anywhere. He also said that the Brown SWC key 1* wire is for Kenwood. That, along with the Gray SWC Key 2* and Black SWC GND* are not mentioned in the instructions either. Usually when there is an asterisk (*) after something, that means theres a note somewhere. No note anywhere.

There is also a blue wire coming out of the included antenna adapter. He said its for a signal amplifier, which I kind of figured, but no mention of that in the instructions.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:59 PM   #22
Low Saturn

I just tried to install one of these and ran into an issue. The radio works and sounds great. But for the most part, the touch screens of the Scosche are non responsive and options are missing. Most of the areas of the touch screens do not respond to touch. The Lock/Unlock buttons are missing as well as the heated seats buttons.

I have to press extremely hard to get the temperature to go up or down or to change fan speed. If I select the windshield defroster, the fans immediately go to full speed and full heat. If I try to lower the temperature or change the fan speed, it either does nothing, or immediately goes to the lowest fan speed, turns off the defroster and the temperature drops to the middle setting. If I select the rear defroster, it will sometimes turn on, but I can't get it to turn back off.

The menu, power, max a/c and recirculate buttons don't function at all.

Fun, fun, fun....

Last edited by Low Saturn; 02-21-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:26 PM   #23
BobSmith

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I just tried to install one of these and ran into an issue. The radio works and sounds great. But for the most part, the touch screens of the Scosche are non responsive and options are missing. Most of the areas of the touch screens do not respond to touch. The Lock/Unlock buttons are missing as well as the heated seats buttons.
I think all your problems are caused by the touch not working properly.
The missing buttons just need to be turned on in the installer menu, but your not going to be able to do that if the touch isn't working.

Quote:
I have to press extremely hard to get the temperature to go up or down or to change fan speed. If I select the windshield defroster, the fans immediately go to full speed and full heat. If I try to lower the temperature or change the fan speed, it either does nothing, or immediately goes to the lowest fan speed, turns off the defroster and the temperature drops to the middle setting.
The windshield defrost button is activating a program to clear the windshield as quickly as possible. When you try to change anything, the ITC cancels the program and restores your previous settings. Air can be directed to just windshield without changing the fan speed or temperature by cycling through the air directions on the left screen.

Quote:
If I select the rear defroster, it will sometimes turn on, but I can't get it to turn back off.

The menu, power, max a/c and recirculate buttons don't function at all.
I've noticed in the video that when you can't operate a function, the ITC doesn't beep, so it's not seeing the press.

I've just tried it on mine and the only way I can stop the touch screen from working is to press and hold my finger on one of the screens somewhere where there isn't a button.
Try removing the display from the fascia and then trying it, just in case it's something as simple as the fascia touching a screen around the edge.
BobSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #24
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSmith View Post
Try removing the display from the fascia and then trying it, just in case it's something as simple as the fascia touching a screen around the edge.
Thank you sooooo much. This is exactly what it was. Took it apart and it worked correctly. There was a tiny ridge of plastic left from the forming process pressing the lower right corner of the right screen and lower left corner of the left screen. I sanded it smooth and all works well.

I see you live in California too. If you're in the San Francisco Bay area, near San Jose, I owe you a case of beer.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #25
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
No glitches so far, working well.
Still working well ?
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #26
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Any issues with this kit that the older version had? Decreased key fob range or TPMS issues?
Can you tell more about TPMS issues ?
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #27
betolley

Drives: Chevy Camera
SWC

Did you ever get the SWC to work?
betolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #28
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Wires...

Quote:
I installed the new scosche dash kit for the Camaro5 about a month ago and just want to say it works flawlessly compared to the old version. The touch screen has a smooth operation no glitches and it has all the factory controls on the right screen, everything is adjustable just like the factory unit. All my steering wheel controls still work. The fit and finish is on point fits like OEM, Installation was straight to the point came with all the harnesses needed . Only complaint I would say I have was the hardness was a little to long, had to snake it in into the compartment.
Im doing an install now and am having a devil of as time trying to get the wires tucked away to get the stereo fully into the bay. that cable is very thick and gets in the way. also my radio and scorch unit only stay on for about 10 seconds then turns off. I think it needs a relearn process? idk...kinda stuck

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote