Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 05-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
Silver SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro Zl1
Stock 2010 SS Wheels on a ZL1?

Hi all,

I have a set of stock 2010 Camaro SS wheels left over from my old 2010 Camaro 2SS (traded it in 2 years ago and have had the wheels sitting in my garage ever since). I'm thinking about getting a 2015 ZL1 and I was wondering if I could use my old Camaro SS wheels for winter duty on the ZL1?

Does anybody happen to know if they would fit properly? Or would I need spacers or anything?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Silver SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
As long as they are for an SS, they'll work just fine.

I had a set of aftermarket wheels/tires for my 2011 SS that I would put on my 2013 ZL1 for the winter so I could take the stock wheels/tires off the ZL1 and store them in the basement during the cold temps.

Most of the winter, the ZL1 was stored away, but I'd get it out every now and then if the weather was nice enough.

This ONLY works if the 2010 wheels were for an SS. Other wheels won't clear the Brembo brakes on the ZL1.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
Silver SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as they are for an SS, they'll work just fine.

I had a set of aftermarket wheels/tires for my 2011 SS that I would put on my 2013 ZL1 for the winter so I could take the stock wheels/tires off the ZL1 and store them in the basement during the cold temps.

Most of the winter, the ZL1 was stored away, but I'd get it out every now and then if the weather was nice enough.

This ONLY works if the 2010 wheels were for an SS. Other wheels won't clear the Brembo brakes on the ZL1.
Yes, the set I have are my stock wheels from my 2010 SS. So it sounds like I would be able to do that. Thanks for your help!
Silver SS is offline   Reply With Quote