The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
C7 BUILD SHEET/TANK STICKER

I have searched for information on this site and elsewhere on the build sheet/tank sticker, and I am still uncertain as to its existence and where it is located. I plan to find and file all the original documentation including the window sticker. I guy at my dealership will not let the dealer do a thing to it when it comes in as he plans on no one prepping it but himself. I shall not go that far, but I want to have all the original documentation. The dealer saves all the original shipping covers for customers so I shall have that.

So, my question is this - what documentation comes with the C7 and where is all the documentation located. If there is such a thing as a actual "tank sticker" build sheet located in a hard to get to place, that would be good to know, that I can get my dealer to retrieve it for me, or retrieve it myself if I feel for comfortable in doing that.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
I told them to save every piece of paper that was in the car when it arrived.

They did even better.... They called me when it arrived, and had the driver wait to offload my car until I got there. We got every piece of paper out, then they laminated them for me.
Now they're framed in my garage.
At a car show last weekend another C7 owner was very surprised I got 2 different, very large build sheets... he got only one that was slightly smaller.

Pics below:
Attached Images

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:39 AM   #3
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB EB View Post
I told them to save every piece of paper that was in the car when it arrived.

They did even better.... They called me when it arrived, and had the driver wait to offload my car until I got there. We got every piece of paper out, then they laminated them for me.
Now they're framed in my garage.
At a car show last weekend another C7 owner was very surprised I got 2 different, very large build sheets... he got only one that was slightly smaller.

Pics below:
Where did you find each piece of paper?

Very impressive - Yours is the definitive answer
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
GB EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
Where did you find each piece of paper?

Very impressive - Yours is the definitive answer
They were on the back deck ("trunk") with the floor mats and front plate brackets.

You can see the build sheets have masking tape on the top. We left that for fear taking it off would damage the sheets.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Richardlord

Quote:
They were on the back deck ("trunk") with the floor mats and front plate brackets.

You can see the build sheets have masking tape on the top. We left that for fear taking it off would damage the sheets.
I buy, sell, collect, and repair vintage Lionel Trains. I wrote the article on F3 diesels in Greenberg's Guide to Lionel Trains post-war. One problem I have had is removing tape later applied by owners to and from original Lionel boxes. I use a hair dryer on clear tape and masking tape to remove from original boxes - works great on clear tape and a little harder with more care on masking tape. The key is heating the glue to where it is pliable without too much heat damaging (burning) the paper. Heat and start on a tape end moving along the tape heating it as you peal it off. Sometimes I need two people - one to hold and move the hair dryer along the tape line and me to gently and carefully remove the tape as the glue softens to where I can peal off the tape. On masking tape, especially old tape, I sometimes have to heat the tape to where it crumbles as it is paper. But, you really have to know what you are doing. I now can do so through experienced trial and error and success. If I were you, I would apply masking tape to a piece of paper and then see if you can safely remove it. I shall successfully remove the masking tape from my sheets.

I accept no responsibility for failure by anyone.

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-20-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
gkwpnut

Drives: Yellow C7 Z51 Convertible
Quote:

Mine were in the same location
gkwpnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
GB EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
I buy, sell, collect, and repair vintage Lionel Trains. I wrote the article on F3 diesels in Greenberg's Guide to Lionel Trains post-war. One problem I have had is removing tape later applied by owners to and from original Lionel boxes. I use a hair dryer on clear tape and masking tape to remove from original boxes - works great on clear tape and a little harder with more care on masking tape. The key is heating the glue to where it is pliable without too much heat damaging (burning) the paper. Heat and start on a tape end moving along the tape heating it as you peal it off. Sometimes I need two people - one to hold and move the hair dryer along the tape line and me to gently and carefully remove the tape as the glue softens to where I can peal off the tape. On masking tape, especially old tape, I sometimes have to heat the tape to where it crumbles as it is paper. But, you really have to know what you are doing. I now can do so through experienced trial and error and success. If I were you, I would apply masking tape to a piece of paper and then see if you can safely remove it. I shall successfully remove the masking tape from my sheets.

I accept no responsibility for failure by anyone.

great idea... but

too late... already laminated over the tape.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:34 AM   #8
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
You can always purchase the sheets if you don't have them.

https://store.corvettemuseum.com/ser...buildsheet.asp
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
I did the Museum delivery and all the paperwork was in the back. I had the Museum laminate everything including the temporary tag.

Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote