Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Pulled Over. Frisked. Hand Cuffed. Detained. Questioned....

YEP!... this is how my drive to work went....

So, I go to the same gas station every morning to get a cup of coffee

I greet the ladies behind the counter, "G'morning Mrs. T, Mrs P, Mrs R."

I get my coffee, smile at the cute female officer who is taking a statement from the manager. Get my Coffee PAY for it... and leave...

so far so good.....

I thought the officer had left the gas station so I thought nothing of it when I left the parking lot, and uhm... "spiritedly" merged into traffic... "enthusiastically" crossing all three lanes so I could jump in the fast lane... Nothing crazy just faster than what was necessary..

Sure enough.. just as I am slowing down for traffic in front of me... I catch a police car making the same... "energetic" merge and lane change.... ..... and accellerated... ... to right behind... :( ..... me....

I stay in my lane... checking my mirror and sure enough... it's the attractive and professional Officer from the Gas Station.... Now I'm thinking... oh cool! Maybe she'll be one of those officers that just likes cars and wants to talk about THR22 She followed me for a mile or so... I'm thinking I'm off the hook, She's just making sure I know I've been a bad boy and all is we................

Red and blue lights.... Dammit...

I immediately pull over to the shoulder. I have ties to federal law enforcement and have more than a few friends who are LEO's so I know what to do to make them know I'm not a threat... I do all of those things... I stopped as far off the shoulder as I can to giver her plenty of walking room, Hands on the wheel, shut off the car, roll down the window

Now she's really checking out the car... looking down the passenger side... checking out the rear.... back over to the drivers side.. and now walking up to the window to, Of course tell me what a nice camaro I have....

yeah not so much....

Immediately I know something is big time wrong....

Her: Is this your car?

Me: Yes Ma'am

Her: Can I have your driver's license?

Me: Of course.

after handing her the DL I go to the glove box to giver her the registration.

Her: WHOOAA!!! STOP!!! CLOSE THE GLOVE BOX!!!

Me: yes ma'am... :(

Her: Get out of the car Sir!

Me: yes ma'am

Her: If you do anything stupid you are going to get hurt...

Me:

apparently she's not much of a camaro fan.....

I'm frisked... not in a good way... and held by the back of my shirt against the rear of my car...

there is a ton of radio chatter. I don't know all the codes but I keep hearing the word... "suspect"...

Next thing I know... there are cops everywhere... I'm being held by two of them. I tell the officer who pulled me over there is a small pocket knife in the center console... I've been asked about 5 times. "is that your car?" "where are you going" "where did you come from" "have you ever watched a movie about mistaken identity where people go to jail for crimes they don't commit and get married to a big boned "lady" named Beef..."

.... Ok maybe I wasn't asked that but I was thinking it....

I'm frisked a couple more times, they walk me to the patrol car, cuff me and ... yep ... the scene we've all seen a million times on cops... open the rear door and ask me to get in.... I should have worn my wife beater....

I get in... and they don't help me... I need to call my congressman about that...

a second officer then asks me for what seems like the 100th time... "is... that... your... car?"

Now I'm starting to get a tiny bit frustrated... in cuffs.... sitting in the back of a patrol car.... and then I suddenly became not so frustrated

Me: Yes it is.

I tell him I saw the officer who pulled me over earlier at the gate station... she pulled me over, I've not been told why.

He then begins to clear it all up....

There has been report of a stolen camaro that matches the description of the car I'm driving...

he gets called away... as I'm about to say, "but it's MY c..." ............... dammit.

Then what I'm assuming is the senior guy on scene, walks over, opens the door, asks me some more questions... and gives me that look of.... Don't worry... it will all be over soon....

Maybe he was trying to help me feel better... but I wasn't exactly sure what he meant.... as he walked away grining....

And I'm thinking... "please don't leave.... I don't like Beef..." :(

A second later the not so cute anymore officer and another help me from the car, uncuff me apologize for the misunderstanding, give me my license and start to leave....

It takes me a few seconds to come to my senses.. I don't know how long I stood there... but when I look around everyone else is gone except me and the not completely ugly officer. She's now walking back to her car... and I quickly blurt out...

"Am I free to go!"

She doesn't even look at me... "Yes Sir!"

After all this...

All I can think of is..

DAMMIT!!!!! Why didn't I ask one of them to take a picture of me cuffed in the back of a cop car to post on Camaro5!!!!!!!!!

True story! For reals!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
wow
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1

That'll get the day started

Maybe it's good thing there's no pic - I can
only imagine where that might come up again
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
wow...haha crazy
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I'm still a bit... jumpy....

I'm by no means an little angel. Knowing some of the stuff I did as a kid, I'm surprised I can say this...

But that was the first time I've ever been handcuffed in the back of a cop car... As funny as it was... I was freaking out a bit...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Chris, now that's the way everyday should begin
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Damn a little excessive? The license and registration could have cleared it up pretty quick

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
maroman1138

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Damn the bad luck.
2011 1SS/RS LS3 - Stage II Ported Heads, Stage II Comp Cam, Ported T.B., Hurst Shifter - 0BX LT Headers - CAT delete, Pype Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust - Muffler delete - 4.5 Resonated tips, Spectre CAI, - 480 RWHP 442 TRQ. Dyno tuned by ARD.
maroman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
OMG!

Sent from my pager using a St. Bernard named Emperor Flufflebum

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I'm thinking Tom reported it stolen so he could reclaim THR # 22 and place it elsewhere..

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
I would be FURIOUS if they did this to me.. and would contact a lawyer to see if I have a case.

you wanna charge me for speeding or wreckless driving for changing lanes like that fine whatever.. but being detained without being charged sounds like a violation of your rights to me.

not to mention.. telling the boss that I am late because I was ARRESTED won't look good on my record.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
I got put in the back of a cop car in SD last year while I had all my kids in the suburban (because I had informed the officer I had a loaded handgun in the console) after getting pulled over for doing 3 over, but man my kids ate it up I still hear about it. Cops are gonna get you dad
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #13
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'm thinking this was a nice practical joke (kinda like a rickroll) was had by one of our nice LEO's on C5.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
I would be FURIOUS if they did this to me.. and would contact a lawyer to see if I have a case.

you wanna charge me for speeding or wreckless driving for changing lanes like that fine whatever.. but being detained without being charged sounds like a violation of your rights to me.

not to mention.. telling the boss that I am late because I was ARRESTED won't look good on my record.
He wasn't arrested...he was detained.