Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #141
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
soapbox thats rich
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #142
rgrizzard

Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
yea its an upsetting deal...I mean it could be a bad harbinger, with this issue and then the other post which points out the IO leather getting all creased, maybe its the IO interior?

No rgrizzard I mean actually add something to the conversation not just dismiss someone or be rude. If you dont think its a problem explain dont be a jerk

So by being rude do you mean calling someone a jerk? See your quote above.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #143
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Final QC?
You mean final, final, final, final, final QC?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #144
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
No disrespect, but some do seem like they are on a soapbox. Instead of beating the dead horse come up with ideas and ask GM.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #145
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
yes it seems so Paul. Some people do not understand on this forum that the perception problem GM has came from these kinds of issues and if GOD forbid a magazine or reviewer gets a car like this its GAME OVER. If the GP gets cars like this word of mouth will continue to erode that perception, and fellas perception is REALITY in this business. Camaroyoung the point is WHY should we HAVE to get it FIXED??
__________________________________________________ ______________

The same reason they would fix a scratch that shouldn't be there. The same reason they would fix a problem with the engine after you started driving it. Just saying, I'm sure your not the only one that noticed this. It's something that can be fixed and QC would easily spot this. And no I don't drink kool-aid. I'm an adult so I gave that up long ago.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #146
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
So is it a mold issue or a fit issue?
Since it appears to be lined up on some and not others, I would imagine it is an issue where the worker holding the door in place bolts it on incorrectly or without making sure it is aligned when affixing the panel to the door. This should be done properly the first time. Alignment issues with the hood and trunk occur many times on many cars and those would be harder to fix..
Old 03-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #147
ArcAngel

@Rgrizzard I wasn't calling you a jerk I said there is no reason to cat like one.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #148
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
whats the diff, that interior is horrible anyway
Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #149
jspeak32

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
A Camaro5 member brought this up to a rep at a show, I remember reading that thread. Apparently they didn't fix it. I will say though, that I rode in one for a good half an hour and didn't notice this at all. Perhaps the IO interior's sharp contrast makes the misalignment more drastic.
I remember this and agree with you, it does flaw this piece of art. You know, the whole "we can't get ABL to work" thing could be a conspiracy. Imagine how much more noticeable this problem would be if a shiny blue ABL was running up the door panel onto the dash? Perhaps they realized this misalignment couldn't be fixed for whatever reason and decided to ditch the ABL in the dash so not as many people would notice...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #150
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
I spent 2.5 hours all over car #248 in Vancouver. This problem was not on that car.

Rick's a big boy, he will have QC fix before it gets on the truck. I toured the Vette plant and they send cars around again to fix items less and more obvious than this. The press is not going to see that car until Rick shows it.

Some people need to get off the soap box.

PS: Though I find them hard to read Leatherneck's comment did not deserve that response... IMO he is owed an apology.

Thanks OUR72GTO for a positive post! I'm not a fanboy but I do want peace of mind that the car is worth every penny I am saving to get it.

Pics can be decieving and DO NOT KNOW FOR CERTAIN that the doors were closed or not.

ANYWAY, it is good that Arc raised these concerns and wants to hammer it out but we MUST stay positive and constructive. I did not like the manner that this thread was going!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #151
ArcAngel

WOW really after the guy (HYLTON) who took the pics chimes in and says the pics were legit and the door was closed we still have we do not know posts. No offense but how can you put a positive spin on a negative
Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #152
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
It seems that most of us with over 1,500 posts are the ones that are worried about this issue while many members who are pretty new with less than 100 posts are calling us names and so forth while defending GM on this issue.. Except for Camaro Scotty , however he is just assuming the car did not go thru a quality control inspection before being driven out of the plant and the keys handed to Hendrick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Thanks OUR72GTO for a positive post! I'm not a fanboy but I do want peace of mind that the car is worth every penny I am saving to get it.

Pics can be decieving and DO NOT KNOW FOR CERTAIN that the doors were closed or not.

ANYWAY, it is good that Arc raised these concerns and wants to hammer it out but we MUST stay positive and constructive. I did not like the manner that this thread was going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
I remember this and agree with you, it does flaw this piece of art. You know, the whole "we can't get ABL to work" thing could be a conspiracy. Imagine how much more noticeable this problem would be if a shiny blue ABL was running up the door panel onto the dash? Perhaps they realized this misalignment couldn't be fixed for whatever reason and decided to ditch the ABL in the dash so not as many people would notice...
Nice conspiracy theory, however we have seen cars that do have the dash and door trim aligned so that is probably not the case..
Old 03-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #153
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I dont think anyone is saying that the pics are a fake. But I guess we just dont want to believe that is how the cars are going to be. I dont think they are going to go full production with the cars like this. At least i hope not, I just can't believe that they are going to let it go out like this
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #154
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
This thread is getting out of hand. I'm reading name calling and it won't be tollerated anymore. I'm leaving this thread open because I DO think there is validity in it, however, attacks to anyone here, or at GM, will NOT be tollerated. If it continues, this thread will be shut down.

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs

Closed Thread