Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #99
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
WHY yes I would!!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #100
Douge
Eurotrash Connossieur

Drives: 1985 Mercedes 500SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
jebussssss -if you dont want the car dont buy it we dont want to hear you crying
you see one picture and all of a sudden the cars a piece of crapp-----yet you see 3 or more pics where the allaignment is perfect and you dont comment on those

I see 3 pictures that show inconsistencies. Relax a little please, everyone is entitled to bitch and complain, just as they should be allowed to heap praise and show enthusiasm.

Whether you agree or not, this is valuable feedback for GM and our friends at Oshawa, I know they want to get it right.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #101
ArcAngel

Once again thank you douge this is loving constructive criticism
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #102
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Holy crap, that looks horrendous... I would really like an explanation of some sort. Not that it's going to stop me from buying one some day since really, there is STILL such thing as a good ole' lemon build... just funny that it's the first one.

I hope Scott chimes in on this.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #103
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
WHY yes I would!!
lol...

keep in mind: this car is PRE-Production, and sells today for 35k

"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #104
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
CamaroScotty beat me to the punch- If the car was driven right off of the production line, it very well might not have gone thru QC checks yet. Unless you know this for sure, your point is invalid. Anyone who thinks flaws can't happen would be sadly mistaken. The sad part would be if they are not caught prior to customer taking ownership.

Until you find out for sure it went thru QC, then you are misrepresenting the issue.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #105
ArcAngel

WOW thats pre production holy crap!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #106
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Yeah Arc, seriously bro, I really doubt GM would leave that kind of issue unresolved. It is totally noticable and could only have been on those select cars that weren't 100% complete. Though I have no doubt you have a keen eye, I think other members on the forum would have caught that very same eye-sore that you noticed recently. The problem doesn't sound consistent on all production Camaros, so we'll wait for pics from Number 3, his wife and perhaps anybody that gets their cars first to take pictures and comment on the issue. I wouldn't be overly worried about it if I were you. The problem is too blatant not for GM/Chevrolet to address.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #107
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
....It STARTS that low...

But your looking at a 36k+ car. Want a comparison side by side picture with some of the competiton?
The interior STAYS that low. I'm not saying that makes it OK. My point was that if GM knew they were going to have to cheap out on interior quality in order to keep the price down without using a pre-existing interior (like Dodge did), they maybe should have gone with something that didn't require such an obvious exact match between dash- and door-panels.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #108
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
CamaroScotty beat me to the punch- If the car was driven right off of the production line, it very well might not have gone thru QC checks yet. Unless you know this for sure, your point is invalid. Anyone who thinks flaws can't happen would be sadly mistaken. The sad part would be if they are not caught prior to customer taking ownership.

Until you find out for sure it went thru QC, then you are misrepresenting the issue.
I would agree and hope that this is the case. Like stated before GM could get riped a new one if the issue does get to the consumer and the write ups could only add to the criticism GM seems to face.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #109
ArcAngel

well I would be more relaxed if that wasnt RICK HENDRICKS car, but being that it was it unsettles me
Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #110
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
The interior STAYS that low. I'm not saying that makes it OK. My point was that if GM knew they were going to have to cheap out on interior quality in order to keep the price down without using a pre-existing interior (like Dodge did), they maybe should have gone with something that didn't require such an obvious exact match between dash- and door-panels.
I agree.

Its too bad they couldn't use a GTO quality interior.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #111
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
HENDRICK CHEVROLET'S RESPONSE to this thread:

The people in the forum can come to our car show on May 2 in Durham and see that actual car here – see both VIN 001 and VIN 002 in person, in the light of day, and see for themselves what the fit-and-finish looks like. There’s no better way to determine the extent of the quality than to see that car in person.

If you have any further questions or corncerns, you can contact Paul Ensslin at HENDRICK CHEVROLET, (919) 667-2226 (direct)
Old 03-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #112
ArcAngel

Now I want someone in that area to go and take pics of every little detail...who's up for it??

Closed Thread