Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #15
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Brake Master
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #16
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Did you install a separate clutch reservoir ?
I do now.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #17
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boother View Post
It has proper resistance throughout the pedal stroke instead of nothing until the last inch off the floor.

It also returns normally. Before the repair, it would stay an inch off the floor when released and would need to be pulled back up.
Maybe I missed the part where the dealer or you actually fixed this.. Clearly that was not stated in the original post.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #18
Draven1327
Socal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS (KYORI)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boother View Post
Clutch is not slipped. Fluid is clean and clear.

Dealer replaced the pedal assembly, which actually comes with the clutch master cylinder. Assembly replaced and system bled, pedal is great again.
he says it on the #11 post..

I've had the same problem, I've replaced the clutch master 4 times in the past 2 years

the first time it happened I thought it was the clutch slave so I dropped the tranny changed the clutch (exedy stage 2), flywheel (OEM), slave (OEM) and added the monster billet standoff. it still wasn't right so I changed the clutch master. i had already had a separate reservoir so I left it as is.

second time i thought i had a faulty master or there may have been a mix-up and i got a v6 instead of a v8, so i replaced again, and bled the whole system completely also added a remote bleed hose.

the third time it happened i thought it was caused by the "sealed" motorcycle reservoir I used. replaced it again and also added a larger steel braided hose from master to slave. and connected it back to the OEM reservoir

Now im stumped. i just changed it again. no change to anything else in the system and its working 100%. what the heck is causing this?? Btw 100k miles when i changed the clutch the first time and the clutch was still decent condition so was the slave. now im at 150K no slipping no other problems except the master not releasing the clutch.