Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
fredbo

Drives: black 2010 LS
Lightbulb HALO RINGS

i ordered a black LS with the regular headlights and i was wondering if i could order the headlights with the halo rings and have them installed. IF anyone knows i would really appreciate it
fredbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbo View Post
i ordered a black LS with the regular headlights and i was wondering if i could order the headlights with the halo rings and have them installed. IF anyone knows i would really appreciate it
Not from the dealer that we know of yet, but the aftermarket should have them available shortly after launch.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
The halo lights are HID. I looked once for a conversion kit for another car and couldn't find a conversion for any car that was certified street legal. I have HIDs on my Enclave and love them. The only down side is there is no flash to pass with HID. It has something to do with the time it takes for them to come on or some such. When offered as an option HIDs are usually about $500. They come with the RS package only on the Camaro.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepitt View Post
The halo lights are HID. I looked once for a conversion kit for another car and couldn't find a conversion for any car that was certified street legal. I have HIDs on my Enclave and love them. The only down side is there is no flash to pass with HID. It has something to do with the time it takes for them to come on or some such. When offered as an option HIDs are usually about $500. They come with the RS package only on the Camaro.
thing is... you can't get the RS package on a LS model

my suggestion would be to wait for somebody to wreck a RS car & gank the lights, switch, & control module from that car. at least that's what i'm gonna try to do
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
or you could go 1lt but that would cost about 3500 more with rs
Old 03-02-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Meh, I don't like the look of the halos/projectors anyway. Give me some plain old halogens with some nice bulbs.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #7
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
Halos all the way they look great
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepitt View Post
From what I understand, the only HIDs that are street legal are the ones that are factory installed.
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
That's not true here in Texas. If you put HID bulbs in a halogen reflector-based headlights, then you may get pulled over for hindering other drivers. My Son wanted HID in his GMC truck so he got aftermarket projector-based headlights then got the HID kit that included the HID bulbs and the ballasts. His truck looks very sharp with those headlights and they do not blind other drivers any more than a factory lexus or bmw.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #10
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Xenons and halos are the only way to go with the new Camaro. Halogen is technology of the past. Though I must say my bimmer has the ORIGINAL halo technology all others are copies but I like them on the new Camaro. IMO
Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Xenons and halos are the only way to go with the new Camaro. Halogen is technology of the past. Though I must say my bimmer has the ORIGINAL halo technology all others are copies but I like them on the new Camaro. IMO
To the OP, if you just want the regular halogen lights with the halo rings they will be available from the after market for around $100-$150 for just the halos and you will have to break the seal of the headlight so if your not comfortable doin that then you could also buy an aftermartket headlight that already has them installed for about $250.

Beemer drivers are so full of themselves... Halos were invented from the aftermarket and actually first made to fit on a motorcycle headlight for a custom bike in a show. Who's the copycat???
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #12
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Beemer drivers are so full of themselves... Halos were invented from the aftermarket and actually first made to fit on a motorcycle headlight for a custom bike in a show. Who's the copycat???
your full of it buddy
Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #13
fredbo

Drives: black 2010 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
To the OP, if you just want the regular halogen lights with the halo rings they will be available from the after market for around $100-$150 for just the halos and you will have to break the seal of the headlight so if your not comfortable doin that then you could also buy an aftermartket headlight that already has them installed for about $250.

oh...aight preciate it
fredbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
At the presentation i went to, they explained why the Factory HIDS would be better then aftermarket, he did a great job explaining them , but im sure the aftermrket would be able to achieve the same. The rs package is the option that im most happy about ordering. It is truly beautiful to see those HIDS
Do you mean highbeams, or flash? like when it flashes several times
When i was there, i pressed the highbeam several times, and there was no delay, its very bright. The shutter on the HIDS is very cool.
When the HIDS are on, they are a pure white and stay the same height no matter how far you go, when you have the high beams on, the light hits a nice blue and its very powerfull, the shutter goes up or somthing to. Very cool HIDS.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior, halo rings, headlights, ls package, rally sport