Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #43
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
imo they sure have done a fron "SS" emblem.
They have that as well...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #44
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Hood, spoiler =

Wheels, RS logo on the front =

Also, would have liked to see their stuff showcased on an SS...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp

Last edited by Revo1; 09-13-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #45
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
IOM hood and abm spoiler ftw
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #46
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
Can't say I care for any of the mods. The RS emblem is a bit much. The spoiler reminds of the one that was on a Saturn. The wheels do look cheap compared to what's out there. I'll take the stock camaro that I have.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #47
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Dont really see the need to cut any slack to folks submitting prototypes to public exhibition - especially SLP.

Overall I cant say I like the parts that much - they dont really seem to enhance the car - just make it look more like a hot wheels car
Old 09-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #48
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
This prototype looks like poo...

I think they should've showed us very visual folks a more developed idea...I'll pass on this pacakge
socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #49
Jerseyrican88

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm with KILLER74Z28. SLP is a professional performance brand, and these products are clearly incomplete. Anyone familiar with SLP knows that they make top notch products, and these only represent a fragment of their automotive genius. I'm sure that they were wishing that they had more time to finish their products. Wait for finished product photos before making any conclusive judgments.
i concurr
Jerseyrican88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #50
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
I guess everyone that's crying about the quality of product would rather not even get a peek at what they are making and just wait til it's 100% finished to see it for the first time.. I'm glad they are trying to give people an idea of what to expect. I like the hood and spoiler. The wheels look good, they aren't for me though. I'd rather use a black Z06 style wheel on my ride.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #51
tom_vilsack
Banned

Drives: fast
-the RS badge on front grill looks silly
-the rear spoiler is way to big (bias...not a fan of any rear wings)
-the front hood ok if functional
-the wheels look to close to the 10 mustang wagon wheels

tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #52
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
-the RS badge on front grill looks silly
-the rear spoiler is way to big (bias...not a fan of any rear wings)
-the front hood ok if functional
-the wheels look to close to the 10 mustang wagon wheels
I guess you could say the style might be similar but they don't really look the same. And the SLP wheels are replicas of the vert wheels that came out 2.5 yrs ago. So if anything the Mustang wheels are taking styling queues from these wheels and just doubled the number of spokes.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Not sure about the spoiler. Maybe if it's snugged down to the body like the factory spoiler it would look better. When it was originally described to me I actually thought the TOP of the spoiler was going to have the recessed mullet like the top of the car. I thought that would be kinda cool.

Just not sure about this one...
Well, it was described to me differently too...and by the guys who were going to make them. However, that's why I put up that disclaimer!

I was told that there was some issue with the mold....don't know how or why...but that's what I was told last night.

Now...

the wheels...look GREAT. But, I thought they were supposed to be CGM colored??? Guess not....guess it's going to be black?

Spoiler. Looks good. But, doesn't look HALF as good as what I thought the reverse mohawk spoiler would have looked like. I like the ZL spoiler better. Not bad...but also not my first choice.

RS badges. Some might like it. I don't need them. People will buy them, thought....that's for sure.

Hood. Don't like the blue hood. Just not my style. It looks to 4th Gen'ish to me. I like the orange poster hood better.

Not bad. I think showing finished parts would have been wiser. But, you have to understand..... Companies have to show parts and what's up and coming. If not, potential buyers are going to run out and buy every 1st new part that they see. I could easily go buy a New Era Intake today. But, when Vararam comes out, I'll already have an intake...and won't go buy another one since I'd already have one. SLP is trying to show their products to let people in on what's coming up. Maybe they can get a few buyers to hold off (like me) until they can see their products.

I always wanted the wheels. However, there is one problem. I don't want BLACK wheels....NEVER did. I wanted CGM wheels to match my CGM Camaro. Now what the hell am I going to do?.....buy them to paint them?? Shoot............
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #54
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Well, it was described to me differently too...and by the guys who were going to make them. However, that's why I put up that disclaimer!

I was told that there was some issue with the mold....don't know how or why...but that's what I was told last night.

Now...

the wheels...look GREAT. But, I thought they were supposed to be CGM colored??? Guess not....guess it's going to be black?

Spoiler. Looks good. But, doesn't look HALF as good as what I thought the reverse mohawk spoiler would have looked like. I like the ZL spoiler better. Not bad...but also not my first choice.

RS badges. Some might like it. I don't need them. People will buy them, thought....that's for sure.

Hood. Don't like the blue hood. Just not my style. It looks to 4th Gen'ish to me. I like the orange poster hood better.

Not bad. I think showing finished parts would have been wiser. But, you have to understand..... Companies have to show parts and what's up and coming. If not, potential buyers are going to run out and buy every 1st new part that they see. I could easily go buy a New Era Intake today. But, when Vararam comes out, I'll already have an intake...and won't go buy another one since I'd already have one. SLP is trying to show their products to let people in on what's coming up. Maybe they can get a few buyers to hold off (like me) until they can see their products.

I always wanted the wheels. However, there is one problem. I don't want BLACK wheels....NEVER did. I wanted CGM wheels to match my CGM Camaro. Now what the hell am I going to do?.....buy them to paint them?? Shoot............
Well they should be able to custom paint them; any custom rim company worth their salt can do that.

I'm not particularly unhappy with the fact that these pieces are pre-production prototypes; that's actually a benefit for them to show us because they can take the feedback we give them and make changes if warranted. Once finished production pieces are done, it's generally too expensive to make changes at that point.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 AM   #55
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of SLP. I sell tons of their products and they are of the highest quality out there.

That being said...

I am disappointed in the new spoiler, I feel the one of the ZL575 car is much better and will appeal to many more people. It will only be available on the purchase of the entire ZL package, which is kind of a let down to me. Same thing goes for the hood on the ZL car.

As for the new hood, I voted for the image of the red car, as opposed to the blue car.

That is just my opinon, and not meant to take anything away from those whom may like them.

i agree with you about the red hood looking better..it is wider and looks more uniform and freeflowing..the blue actual hood looks more like a pignose and gets too narrow too fast..i seen that other hood exactly like that but it went all the way to the tip of the hood, but then it had the "mail slot" right under it...im my opinion the cowl should have went to the end of the hood onto the fascia and had the "mail slot" be the grille piece to the hood scoop..i thought that where the cowl ended was too close and too similar to the slit on the fascia..looks like a hiccup.lol
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #56
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm with KILLER74Z28. SLP is a professional performance brand, and these products are clearly incomplete. Anyone familiar with SLP knows that they make top notch products, and these only represent a fragment of their automotive genius. I'm sure that they were wishing that they had more time to finish their products. Wait for finished product photos before making any conclusive judgments.
hey just like i was told when people kept ragging on my car, dont post it if you cant accept criticism..KIller shouldnt have wrote those enormous letters cause to me thats rude in a forum. not picking or anything, but from what ive read you guys are getting WAY too upset cause of the criticism the others are giving..if you think these guys are bad you shouldnt even read them anymore cause they are being VERY polite when they do critique it..check out the forum where the dude had his windshield tinted..at least these guys arent posting here like they did on the thread..LOL..then i wouldnt even care how big you make your letters.but they posted these pics for the purpose of getting people opinions about what theyve done..if not for that they would release something nobody likes..so they post stuff like that to get opinions and make changes. cut the POSTERS SOME SLACK!!!
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote