Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #71
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver620 View Post
if there were no interior trim kit, what material/color would be there instead?
greyish silver if it has the ambient lighting and black if it doesnt.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #72
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Yes but anyone ordering those options will be getting them installed at the dealership. Further, it is only the plastic, not the actual ambient lighting that gets changed.
Whatever dude
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #73
Splicerguy

Drives: 2002 trailblazer
Did anyone else notice that the dealer allocations are not only by previous sales, but also by number of Mustang registrations in the area? Interesting...
Splicerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #74
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
Whatever dude
Was there something about that post? He is correct.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:25 AM   #75
swifttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Was there something about that post? He is correct.
He's correct that those are the only 2 factory colors. Dealer installed, no way

Quote from page 14-

"Interior Trim Kit
Camaro owners who have the factory Illumination
Package can add even more color options with this
available trim kit."

Why would GM give dealers the option to install yellow trim and leave you hangin' w/ blue back lighting? Uck! Doesn't pass the common sense test.

And please, if I'm wrong, please hook a brotha up with some definitive proof so I don't keep standing here looking like a jackass. But from my perspective, the back lighting isn't the expensive piece of the kit, and even so, it's an upgrade option that you are shellin' out the bucks for, so why wouldn't they include it - again, doesn't pass the common sense test
Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #76
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
He's correct that those are the only 2 factory colors. Dealer installed, no way

Quote from page 14-

"Interior Trim Kit
Camaro owners who have the factory Illumination
Package can add even more color options with this
available trim kit."

Why would GM give dealers the option to install yellow trim and leave you hangin' w/ blue back lighting? Uck! Doesn't pass the common sense test.

And please, if I'm wrong, please hook a brotha up with some definitive proof so I don't keep standing here looking like a jackass. But from my perspective, the back lighting isn't the expensive piece of the kit, and even so, it's an upgrade option that you are shellin' out the bucks for, so why wouldn't they include it - again, doesn't pass the common sense test
If you had come to Indy, you would have heard what we heard from John Cox himself. Regardless of what the interior or exterior color of your car is, the ambient lighting in a leather interior 2010 Camaro will be blue (unless you order the orange leather interior). In any event, here's a copy of 13F20's post - consider yourself hooked up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
This came from the mouth of Scott at Indy.

according to the GM presentation the first day for ordering will be 10/13.

They said that on that date the Dealers will know their allocations for the first three months. But, price May or May NOT be available on that date.

LIST OF PERFORMANCE PARTS / ACCESSORIES

• HUD will be available in June 2010 SOP (2011 MY)
  • molded rear fender splash guards will be avail
  • High wing spoiler (5 colors) and ground effects avail
  • Hood and Hockey stripe (3 colors)
  • Rally Stripe (5 colors) (according to Scott...all stripes will be vinyl (not painted))
  • engine covers for V6 and V8 in five colors
  • performance parts: air intake, catback exhaust, shorty headers, and Hurst short throw shifter
  • GM performance parts for LS based engines: Crate engines, Blocks, Heads, Valve Covers, Camshafts, Intake Manifolds, Head Gaskets
  • exterior accessories: spoiler, rear diffuser, fuel door, high spoiler, car cover with rally stripes
  • interior accessories: Carbon Trim Kit, Body Colored Lighted Trim Kit (Yellow, Red, Orange), Floormats, subwoofer
  • wheel/performance parts: chrome 21" wheel, painted 21" wheel, catback exhaust, airbox

Attachment 8114

Old 10-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #77
Mattsack789

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Does anyone have any pictures of the Grille insert accessory? I liked how it looked on that test car, but it looked like it was made of cardboard
Old 10-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #78
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Yes but anyone ordering those options will be getting them installed at the dealership. Further, it is only the plastic, not the actual ambient lighting that gets changed.
That seems to be making an assumption that the dealer install trim kit doesn't change the lighting. Yes it's been clearly stated that from the factory it will be blue, no doubts there. But seriously someone seriously screwed the pooch if they approved colored trim kits specifically for the ambient lighting that mix blue lighting with those colors.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #79
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
That seems to be making an assumption that the dealer install trim kit doesn't change the lighting. Yes it's been clearly stated that from the factory it will be blue, no doubts there. But seriously someone seriously screwed the pooch if they approved colored trim kits specifically for the ambient lighting that mix blue lighting with those colors.
I am only going by what I observed at Indy. I looked closely at the Orange interior SS and noticed that the lighting was actually a fibre optics type of tube that ran above the interior trim pieces on the dash and doors. Can any other Indy people offer up their 2 cents?

I think the introduction of over the counter interior trim kits is so we could have interior accents that were the same as the color on the exterior of the car. Maybe we will see future colors?

Last edited by Hylton; 10-10-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #80
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
has there been any real pics of the carbon trim kit besides the one on the accessory boards?
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #81
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver620 View Post
has there been any real pics of the carbon trim kit besides the one on the accessory boards?
we still havent seen the colored ones. maybe they will unveil them all on the configurator on monday
Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #82
swifttal

Quote:
If you had come to Indy, you would have heard what we heard from John Cox himself. Regardless of what the interior or exterior color of your car is, the ambient lighting in a leather interior 2010 Camaro will be blue (unless you order the orange leather interior). In any event, here's a copy of 13F20's post - consider yourself hooked up:
Thanks for hooking me up with a pic that says body colored light trim kit - only goes to proves my point - and what he was telling you are the factory options, which I agreed with you on, so you got anything else, cause I'm still not convinced
Old 10-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #83
Hylton

Quote:
Thanks for hooking me up with a pic that says body colored light trim kit - only goes to proves my point - and what he was telling you are the factory options, which I agreed with you on, so you got anything else, cause I'm still not convinced
Why don't you just send John Cox an email then or talk to him like I did.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #84
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
we still havent seen the colored ones. maybe they will unveil them all on the configurator on monday
by configurator do you mean being able to go on the chevy website and build your own car or is it something completely different?
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote