Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #43
Imfishintx

Drives: 07 Tahoe LTZ
I don't know what everyone else expects this car to be, but it WILL NOT outperform the Corvette even in base trim, unless you believe GM is going to stop making the Corvette completely! The track record is "you can't step on the toe's of the big dog and not get bit".

The Corvette is the top of the performance food chain with GM and everything else will be lessor as not to tarnish the image, no matter what the cost! The Z28 will be priced less than 50K and will be more than likely a low boost application.

Of course you can modify it and outperform (insert whatever you want) but I'm saying off the showroom floor numbers and performance!!

FLAME ON!!!!!
Imfishintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #44
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
So most of us think a supercharged Z28 will be around 45K. I hate to burst your bubbles but that isn't happening. A fully loaded SS can be around 40k so why on earth would the Z only be 5k more. This car is gonna be in the 60k-65k range no matter how bad we want it cheaper. Even with the Z28 coming out, I'll just keep building up my SS. The article said probably a low 12 sec 1/4 car with the Z28. Hell I can get that without adding a supercharger to my SS and for alot less cheaper. I'll just keep my R6P SS and I even think it will be more rare. I bet just about every SS owner trades up when the time comes. By then I will have my supercharger on and I will be quicker than the Z so it really doesn't matter to me. But to think the price will be close to 45K is just crazy.
I must be missing something because in the statement where they revealed the Z28, it said "price will be away from the corvette"...

40-45k....

60-65k is close to Z06.

I agree though its cheaper to get an SS and mod it, but for those who haven't bought a Camaro yet, like myself, this will be a very nice welcome.

I remember all of us were having price discussions for the v6 and v8 and a lot over shot the price. I think when all is said and done, the Z28 will be shocking in price (in a good way)

None-the-less the extended time will put me in good position to order one by then.

...and no one should feel bad for owning an SS or LT for that matter when the Z28 arrives, they're all great cars!
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #45
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfishintx View Post
I don't know what everyone else expects this car to be, but it WILL NOT outperform the Corvette even in base trim, unless you believe GM is going to stop making the Corvette completely! The track record is "you can't step on the toe's of the big dog and not get bit".

The Corvette is the top of the performance food chain with GM and everything else will be lessor as not to tarnish the image, no matter what the cost! The Z28 will be priced less than 50K and will be more than likely a low boost application.

Of course you can modify it and outperform (insert whatever you want) but I'm saying off the showroom floor numbers and performance!!

FLAME ON!!!!!
I don't think anyone's arguing Corvette is at the top of the food chain; it always has been. I think it's uber cool to see GM matriculate some more 'Vette pieces into Camaro (well - I guess it's more CTS-V, but you get my point). Camaro's arch nemesis is Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
I must be missing something because in the statement where they revealed the Z28, it said "price will be away from the corvette"...

40-45k....

60-65k is close to Z06.

I agree though its cheaper to get an SS and mod it, but for those who haven't bought a Camaro yet, like myself, this will be a very nice welcome.

I remember all of us were having price discussions for the v6 and v8 and a lot over shot the price. I think when all is said and done, the Z28 will be shocking in price (in a good way)

None-the-less the extended time will put me in good position to order one by then.

...and no one should feel bad for owning an SS or LT for that matter when the Z28 arrives, they're all great cars!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #46
coolman

I would be happy with an LS with the Z/28 motor and drive train. think copo.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #47
Broncho

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I would like GM to add boost to the LLT V6. They could call it the Z26.
Broncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #48
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
I would like GM to add boost to the LLT V6. They could call it the Z26.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #49
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
I agree. If the Z28 has a transformer edition, thats when ill be mad. I like my BumbleBee I dont care what anyone says. Its like being the Bandit 30 years ago :(
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #50
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
yep - you should be proud of it BumbleDs

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #51
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
You know what? You can wait and wait for the ultimate ride, but it doesn't exist on this plain of existence. Enjoy your SS, enjoy life and don't waste a moment of it with regret.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I love my SS, glad I have an SS over a Z/28, I like the Z but I've always wanted an SS. I can do the suspension and supercharger aftermarket... not a big deal. Probably for the same price it would cost me to buy a stock Z/28. Granted no warranty... but you gotta pay to play in any hobby/sport.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #52
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
I am also a little bummed that the SS is not going to be the fastest 5th gen on the road
Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #53
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
I am also a little bummed that the SS is not going to be the fastest 5th gen on the road
Maybe, but maybe not. I bet if you take SS, throw a supercharger/turbocharger on it, it'll be every bit as quick, if not quicker

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #54
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
yep - you should be proud of it BumbleDs
I really appreciate that and I do. The Marines have given me many things-all of which are intangable. However the one tangiable thing I get from them, was BumbleBee
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #55
2010cantwait
not waiting anymore

Drives: vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
You know what? You can wait and wait for the ultimate ride, but it doesn't exist on this plain of existence. Enjoy your SS, enjoy life and don't waste a moment of it with regret.
AMEN brother!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 AM   #56
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
If GM comes out with a supercharged Z28, it will not make my SS any less of a car than it is now. If you look at the price difference between an entry level Corvette and a ZR1 you will get the idea of how much the Z28 will cost. I have other toys besides my SS and the Z28 will probably be priced out of my range anyways. If I hit the Powerball, I will get one. Otherwise, I love my SS and will continue to be happy with it. I did not buy it to impress the kid at Autozone, I bought it for my driving enjoyment.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote