Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-20-2021, 12:45 PM   #1
CShelby95

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
Camaro LLT Tuning For STS Turbo Kit

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post... So bear with me! My dad and I installed an STS single turbo kit on my car back in 2015. In hindsight, I definitely would go a different direction if I were to do it again, but at this point we have put so much time and money into it that I feel like it would be a little hard to walk away from the set up. Plus, I love the sound of that turbo at the back of the car! As I have seen, many people have had problems with this kit/the company. There seem to now be many options out there that are simple and just as effective. Luckily I have an oil-less Comp turbo, so feeding oil to the back of the car to the turbo is not an issue... So that's a plus! The problem though is that I worked with Rick Squires from STS for several months sending tune files back and forth and the car just never gained the kind of power I had hoped for. In some ways it seems even less responsive than stock and the fuel mileage went down the tube as well (even when my foot was out of the throttle). Whether it was his lack of knowledge of tuning or the fact that we were trying to do this remotely, I was not satisfied with the results. I finally gave up trying to go back and forth with him on tune files and I just assumed it wasn't going to get better. I was also in college at the time and busy with other things, so now here I am 6 years later with a car that has turbo kit and isn't tuned properly. From what I have seen, people can make some pretty impressive power with FI on the V6's! I'm not looking to go crazy... Just want to run 5-7 lbs of boost on 93 octane and hope to make around 400HP to the wheels to have some fun. So I am looking for someone who can tune my car and get it running healthy to have some fun in! From what I've read, Will at Overkill Motorsports is a guru with these engines, but like many people, I sent him an email two months ago explaining my situation and haven't heard anything from him. I'm not going to complain about that, I've seen way to many people complaining about Will's response time that I don't think it's worth me beating a dead horse. I get it, the guy is a one man show and he'd probably rather work on projects that are going to bring in more money. I'd love to have the guy tune my car, and maybe give some more suggestions based on his impressive experience with these engines! Especially because he is in Vancouver, BC and I am not very far away in Washington state. But at some point I've gotta get my car tuned and if there is someone else I can go through to do that, I am willing to go that direction as long as I know what I'm going to get out of it beforehand. So anyone out there have some suggestions as to who I could go to in order to get this car dialed in?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

God bless
CShelby95 is offline   Reply With Quote