Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #85
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
thePill,

I must say that I really don't care for the backend of the 11s as you already know but the slight changes you have done to your GT really do make the car look much better, great job. It looks like you have drag radials on her, have you had a chance to run it yet?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #86
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
all cars must get 50 mpg by 2025. Does that help any

welll....not quite.

The current law is 35.5 by 2016 -- however - our elected officials in Washington DC are talking about up to 60 mpg by 2024..........

Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #87
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Is this thread still going?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #88
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
welll....not quite.

The current law is 35.5 by 2016 -- however - our elected officials in Washington DC are talking about up to 60 mpg by 2024..........

so are we going back to bicycles & horse drawn carriages?

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #89
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
thePill,

I must say that I really don't care for the backend of the 11s as you already know but the slight changes you have done to your GT really do make the car look much better, great job. It looks like you have drag radials on her, have you had a chance to run it yet?
As some of you already know, I don't discuss my modifications... That's just how I am. If I was going to continue to road race then I would talk about my hardware.

As for drag racing, I usually do not run it officially, the track is 50 minutes away and just officially opened the 1st of May. However, I am in Germany and unofficial racing starts as soon as it quits snowing. Unofficially, I have been pretty successful here in the land of no speed limits. I lost to a 2010 GT500 and that is about it.

Rumor has it that there is a built LS2 GTO looking for me. I heard he is built all the way to the bottom... I seen him in oncoming traffic last week and I have to say... His car is painfully loud... nice aftermarket sunburst orange paint job though...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #90
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
welll....not quite.

not to derail the thread...but focusing on gasoline mpg is a waste. We need fuel diversity....engines that can run multiple fuels like CNG, E85 & gasoline. This tech is not new, and in practice by Fiat, Opel (GM) oversees.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #91
picard2112
picard2112

Drives: 2005 Tacoma/2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Of course I do - but I'm not talkin'!

AND - there are lots of things happening in this industry - one of the unknowns is: "What will Washington do to us in terms of CAFE standards????"

That could change everything..........
You know what I get from this answer....go buy one now if you haven't already. As far as I'm concerned right NOW is the new golden age in the auto industry....enjoy it.
picard2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #92
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Name:  MESSY.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  73.3 KB
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #93
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post

Rumor has it that there is a built LS2 GTO looking for me. I heard he is built all the way to the bottom...
So is the Lego-man; doesnt mean that he's fast

I'm just giving you sh$t pill

Getting back to the thread; are we done here? Doesnt seem like there is anything we can pull from speculation besides Gen 5 Camaro's seeing new v6's and v8's before the generation is over...
Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #94
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
So thats what a mustang rearend looks like, Thank God I drive a camaro and have never had to see one in real life.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #95
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
so are we going back to bicycles & horse drawn carriages?
No, but large displacement V8's will likely be scarce.

I don't understand the ongoing contention with diesel vehicles in the US, but we tend to follow Europe in terms of fuel conservation since they've had high gas prices for so long now.

Smaller displacement, forced-induction engines. Diesel variants. Look at the Cruze. It's best-performing motor is a turbo 1.4L. The last time anything remotely that small ended up in a 'GM' product was the 1.3L Geo/Chevy Metro. Plus, further utilizing electric assist-- although, I wish we'd just skip the hybrid crud and go straight to further developing ideas like the Chevy Volt.

I have no doubt that GM will forever have awesome performance cars, but HOW they make their performance is likely going to follow the paradigm shift of using smaller displacement motors, possibly diesel if the US can ever get past the whole clean air issue, and also electric propulsion technologies.

For example, I wouldn't be opposed to a supercharged or turbocharged V6 as an engine option in the Camaro. Audi utilizes a 3.0L super-6 that spanks ass in their S4 and A6. Good for close to 400hp. Ford is doing the same with some of their new Ecoboost V6 stuff... Unfortunately, nothing will replace the sound of a V8.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 AM   #96
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
I'm just giving you sh$t pill

Getting back to the thread; are we done here? Doesnt seem like there is anything we can pull from speculation besides Gen 5 Camaro's seeing new v6's and v8's before the generation is over...
I'm a Mustang owner/enthusiast on a Camaro forum, I am use to the abuse. Also, I am a cop in the military that made frequent trips to the middle east... I have developed pretty thick skin. I will eventually find out what that GTO got but he better hurry, my car is getting shelved for a couple of weeks here soon.

I love threads like these. I know there is no way of ever knowing when the 6th Gen is coming out but it’s always good to brain storm. It’s always a good discussion when the 5th Gen refresh comes up too. I have put a lot of thought into this and have determined that this will be a very difficult task. I think the Camaro GT.R headlight/front fascia setup would be a nice gradual improvement. The headlights use a cover similar to the 2010+ Mustang's do, mostly because debris can break the headlights during racing and headlights are needed (unlike most other racing) in Grand Am. I think the headlights look great, aggressive and sporty. Anyone have any other suggestions for a refresh?
Attached Images

thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #97
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Now that they know what type of customers buy this new Camaro, they're clearly focusing more on overall performance as the ZL1 indicates. And there is no way I'll have buyer's remorse for getting my early 2010; I love this car and it's for life.

I'm hoping they're focusing on interior improvements. The minor gauges need to be useful; put them 4-across in the 2" vertical area just above the center vents so they can be easily seen with a quick glance down while on the track. Rear-view mirrors that aren't as tall so they don't block your forward view. Better steering wheel so it's easier to see the full gauges on the dash. Cater the interior for the next few model upgrades (at least for the SS and ZL1) towards the performance driver; drags, autox, road course. Reduce weight in those models as much as possible.

Upgrade the interiors for the daily-driver/non-racer models. It's going to be hard to improve the appearance of the outside. Move the mail-slot in the front up to the hood and make it functional. DRL/Fogs moved inboard slightly and add brake cooling intakes maybe? Give the driver more control over the DRL/Fogs so they can choose how and when they come on? Other than that the body style is so good-looking it's going to be hard to come up with something that actually looks better.

I say keep it a few more years and do like Porsche did with the 911 body-style; refine the outside slightly but upgrade the internals and interiors more frequently.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #98
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Anyone have any other suggestions for a refresh?[/FONT][/COLOR]
One word (or two, depending how you read):

Nip/Tuck

Though I don't like the way the new Mustang's look at all...I'll give Ford design credit for tricking your eyes into seeing the car as smaller than it is.

The Camaro's current design is PERFECT imo...and if they can keep the essence while trimming some of the percieved "bulk" from the sheetmetal, I think that'd do nicely.

I fully expect the 6thgen to see some aerodynamic improvements. But I'm not too worried...the new Malibu is said to have a body nearly as aerodynamic as the Volt. And it looks gorgeous.

They'll get it right. They always do with these cars. They understand how important design is to a vehicle's success and reputation, but I'm sure they also understand that you can't make too many compromises in the name of design...