Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
wsmith

Drives: 2011 LS
Sluggish Acceleration

My Camaro seems to be a tad bit sluggish recently. About a month ago I installed a ICE-olator and ported throttle body on top of an axle-back exhaust and Injen intake that had been on for awhile. It seemed to pick the car up a little bit but in the last week or so when I lay into it, it just doesn't seem to accelerate as fast as it did. Could this just be me getting used to the speed and thinking that it's slower or is this something that others have experienced with a V6 with 96000 miles on it? I'm thinking that maybe the valves or fuel injectors might need cleaning or the fuel filter replaced but I'm not sure. I don't have a way to precisely check the 0-60 time on it so I can't be sure.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:16 PM   #2
Yasuo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
If you want to test the 0-60, get an app called torque. It only works on android from my experience (not sure if they updated it for iphones) and buy a Bluetooth obdII adapter to connect it, they're pretty cheap. As far as it having sluggish acceleration, if it's not misfiring, check the throttle cable to make sure it isn't loose. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is the throttle body going bad..
Yasuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
wsmith

I figured it out.

It was the VMAX throttle body that I had installed shortly after the ICE-olator. I did buy the TB used on eBay and it seemed like it was in good shape but I just put the stock one back on and immediately noticed it return to it's old performance plus it runs a couple of degrees cooler like before.

Weird.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
You can swap the TPS portion to the ported piece if the TPS portion has failed on the VMAX. I just did it on a 3 year old Bo White ported TB last week.

Actually I see you have a V6 so yours might be different, I believe it unclips where the V8 unscrews.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:28 AM   #5
wsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
You can swap the TPS portion to the ported piece if the TPS portion has failed on the VMAX. I just did it on a 3 year old Bo White ported TB last week.

Actually I see you have a V6 so yours might be different, I believe it unclips where the V8 unscrews.
Does it actually make a noticeable difference?