Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #99
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01sleeperZ View Post
I you look back through the thread it explains that the 1le order code is a full track package, while the "V8 Coupe Performance Package", order code VPX, takes the suspension part of the 1le and then adds some GM Performance trim pieces to make the VPX code package. It is not a well known order option, and so few were made.
I think a lot of those posts are bots. They seem to copy what someone has said previously in the thread.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #100
T574513R

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Coupe-Red Hot-VPX
In response to the 01SleeperZ question about any convertibles being made with the VPX option, because it appears to be extremely rare in the Coupe body style, it could not have been ordered as a convertible unless someone entered the COPO mode and who knows what may appear if that ordering avenue was employed. History shows that lots of rare monsters have appeared on the streets due to the COPO method of placing an order.
With regard to transmission selections with the VPX option, in 2015, the automatics were roughly a 2.85 to 1 favorite with the buyers based on the build spec numbers. Not including the all manual/LS3 1LE cars (4029), there were 13,746 automatic cars produced with the L99 V8 and 4,714 manual transmission cars produced with the LS3 V8. Eventually the numbers may surface that further define the actual builds for this option code..
By the way the stripes look great on the white car. Our Red Hot car may not announce the striping in a manner that rivals the charcoal striping on a brilliant white car. Looks great and congratulations on making your VPX optioned car complete.
T574513R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:15 PM   #101
01sleeperZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS VPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by T574513R View Post
In response to the 01SleeperZ question about any convertibles being made with the VPX option, because it appears to be extremely rare in the Coupe body style, it could not have been ordered as a convertible unless someone entered the COPO mode and who knows what may appear if that ordering avenue was employed. History shows that lots of rare monsters have appeared on the streets due to the COPO method of placing an order.
With regard to transmission selections with the VPX option, in 2015, the automatics were roughly a 2.85 to 1 favorite with the buyers based on the build spec numbers. Not including the all manual/LS3 1LE cars (4029), there were 13,746 automatic cars produced with the L99 V8 and 4,714 manual transmission cars produced with the LS3 V8. Eventually the numbers may surface that further define the actual builds for this option code..
By the way the stripes look great on the white car. Our Red Hot car may not announce the striping in a manner that rivals the charcoal striping on a brilliant white car. Looks great and congratulations on making your VPX optioned car complete.

I agree that nearly anything is possible on the option potential. But thinking about it later I thought of the fact that the option package name is "V8 Coupe Performance Package", I would assume that it was only allowed with a Coupe. I did not think of this or try it while the "Build Your Own" was open for 2015 Camaros, but I wonder if it would have locked it out for convertibles like it did on all other decal/stripe options.

Thanks for the compliment! I like white on Camaros, but my wife thinks it is one of her least favorite colors.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #102
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
... later I thought of the fact that the option package name is "V8 Coupe Performance Package", I would assume that it was only allowed with a Coupe. I did not think of this or try it while the "Build Your Own" was open for 2015 Camaros, but I wonder if it would have locked it out for convertibles like it did on all other decal/stripe options. ...
From what I see in the online ordering guide (Mechanical), you are correct; Performance Package VPX could only be ordered on the 1SS/2SS Coupe (not convertible). Looking at the Convertible, the VPX choice is not shown.
Here is VPX for 1SS/2SS Coupe:

There is a dropdown list at the top right of the ordering guide screen that toggles between coupe and convertible, showing the restriction:
http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...oi_def&page=6&

Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 09-20-2016 at 08:04 AM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #103
01sleeperZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post

There is a dropdown list at the top right of the ordering guide screen that toggles between coupe and convertible, showing the restriction:

Ron

Thanks for the update. It has been very interesting to find out more about the details and background of all this.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #104
Imiuru4

Drives: 15 ss
Just in today, if you did not receive your decals or still plates you can get reimbursed $945 or have the dealer install the parts
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #105
01sleeperZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imiuru4 View Post
Just in today, if you did not receive your decals or still plates you can get reimbursed $945 or have the dealer install the parts
Thanks for the update! I would love to get a good copy of this letter, as I could not read the full letter you included in your post. Is there a way I can get a link or some definite date or Tech Bulletin number on this so I can download an official copy?

Congrates on the car! Is it an auto or manual? I thought it was great that Chevy offered the 1LE suspension through the VPX package for auto cars. I still would like to find some official statement or verification of the number of VPX cars built. I also met the local manager of GM Performance Parts for the area, who had an old promotional banner that was to be discarded, and he let me keep it. I will post a pic of it later.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #106
01sleeperZ

[QUOTE=01sleeperZ;9444630]Is there a way I can get a link or some definite date or Tech Bulletin number on this so I can download an official copy?

No need for a copy of your letter, I received a letter of my own from Terry Inch and GM with the same offer!
Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #107
T574513R

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Coupe-Red Hot-VPX
The letters are out.

I guess it was a good thing to contact GM directly (last Summer) about the missing decals and sill plates. I received my letter late last week along with many others owners. Without the direct contact to GM by myself, my dealer representative (who directly contacted the GM's Customer Fulfillment Group) and the efforts of many other VPX car owners, the situation regarding the missing items for these cars may have never reached a level where corporate action was taken.
The system does work.
At $945 per vehicle, that is a payout of $108675 (not including administrative costs) for the "unofficial" count of 115 vehicles equipped with this option.
I had already purchased my decals and sill plates. I have them stored away for safe keeping.
Good luck to the rest of the owners. Keep the thread going.
T574513R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #108
01sleeperZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by T574513R View Post
I guess it was a good thing to contact GM directly (last Summer) about the missing decals and sill plates. I received my letter late last week along with many others owners. Without the direct contact to GM by myself, my dealer representative (who directly contacted the GM's Customer Fulfillment Group) and the efforts of many other VPX car owners, the situation regarding the missing items for these cars may have never reached a level where corporate action was taken.
The system does work.
At $945 per vehicle, that is a payout of $108675 (not including administrative costs) for the "unofficial" count of 115 vehicles equipped with this option.
I had already purchased my decals and sill plates. I have them stored away for safe keeping.
Good luck to the rest of the owners. Keep the thread going.

Yes, you and I are the only ones that I know of that pushed it through. They installed my stripes and sill plates last summer. I agree that some of us pushing to get a complete package helped get this letter out. Nothing is perfect, but I agree that the system does work pretty well most of the time!!

But it made me think about what they had to do to get this letter out, and I am sure that they had to verify all units sold and find all the buyers. I plan to write a polite letter back thanking them for the offer, and asking if they can verify in writing how many were made. It sure would be nice to verify the 115.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:28 PM   #109
Walnutbear

Drives: 2019 Zl1
I received my letter for missing parts. Refund on the way. I already purchased some of the missing parts.
Walnutbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #110
Walnutbear

Drives: 2019 Zl1
Quote:
I did get some pics of the finished car, but I am having trouble finding the way to edit my signature to put in the new pics. I will show 3 below, then add 3 more in another post. Note that the lower door decals are a gloss black finish, and the hood and rear deck decals are a metalic charcoal finish. The bottom of the deck decal has a small black bow-tie "Performance" in it, as does the narrow stripe on the hood back by the windshield.
Thanks for the pics!

I really like that look!
I will do the same to mine!
Walnutbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #111
01sleeperZ

I just wanted to bump this up and see if anyone has found out any more info on the VPX option package production numbers. I do know about the unofficial production number of 115, but nothing official. I even sent a letter to Chevy asking about the production number, noting that with the recall they must know how many were made. The only thing I got back was another letter telling me how to get the recall activated. I don't think anyone actually and fully read my letter, they just saw it come in and assumed I needed more info on the recall.

Anyone know who I can contact and ask more?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #112
01sleeperZ

I just heard back from GM on the build count request I made for the Camaro VPX option package. After a couple of letters I then sent an email to the GM Heritage Dept, and got back an answer from Christo Datini who said;

"My contact at the GM Accessories group indicates that 155 Camaros were equipped with the VPX package for 2015.

Best,
Christo"

I send back a reply requesting an official letter from GM so it would be fully official. I hope that they can do that, and will post it if I can obtain it.