Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 PM   #15
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
Very nice! Love the color .. Sorry.. guess I missed the new post.
not a problem it was mid week most people are busy with work and life to be spending all there time on the interwebs
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #16
Restlessone

Drives: None
Gi to Autozone or any other of those kind of places, they'll put a scanner on it less than 5 minutes and tell you what's up. No charge.
Restlessone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:49 PM   #17
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Restlessone has good advice, but you'll thank yourself later by buying a $10 scanner off Ebay/Amazon. Throw it in the car and then you'll always have a way to see what a code is if one pops up.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete

Last edited by LCPLPunk; 03-31-2017 at 11:10 PM.
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #18
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restlessone View Post
Gi to Autozone or any other of those kind of places, they'll put a scanner on it less than 5 minutes and tell you what's up. No charge.
+1...Then head to a Chevy dealership and have them run the vin# to make certain that it is still covered under the 5yr 100,000 mile powertrain warranty...Most states have a clause on used vehicles that if you don't like or want the vehicle after purchase you have a limited amount of days to return it, no penalty against the purchaser, this may be an option as well...Hope this works out for you...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #19
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
+1...Then head to a Chevy dealership and have them run the vin# to make certain that it is still covered under the 5yr 100,000 mile powertrain warranty...Most states have a clause on used vehicles that if you don't like or want the vehicle after purchase you have a limited amount of days to return it, no penalty against the purchaser, this may be an option as well...Hope this works out for you...
I live in commiefornia where you have no rights ex to a lawyer and a slow death. Ideal motors showed me its still under warranty with Chevy on powertrain and I have 2 months left on it soooo just going to wait tell they open at 9 and head there and see for my self. If not then I know a guy with a shop who wont f-me over.
What it does when at idle is studder every now and again or sounds like the fuels cutting out or it misfiring.
Leads me to think mass air flow sensor air temp sensor plugs coil packs.....could be from sitting and from non use from the last owner it has build up in the gas tank and it clogged up a injector......could be a number of things but the RPs don't sit still the needle bounces every now and again and the car studders very slightly
Old 04-01-2017, 02:58 AM   #20
Rodney2011

Drives: 2011 1SS RS
A low battery will bring up those symptoms.
Pretty common on a 5 year old car.
Rodney2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:08 AM   #21
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney2011 View Post
A low battery will bring up those symptoms.
Pretty common on a 5 year old car.
Ohhh I never thought of that. The other day I had to crank it a little longer then normal? Could just hit a AutoZone to have the battery tested. When it got the car it read 13.2 now its down to 12.4. And I know thus because of my previous car I had to check every fluid and the likes every day because it was a high maintenance Audi a4....that Audi has given me ptsd from its problems.
I forgot newer cars are sensitive to that kinda thing.....i like to play with the information buttons....but i have also not broke the 20mpg mark its always at 17.7mpg is that normal for keeping the rpms under 2500 befor shifting? Granted so cal traffic prob has alot to do with the low mpg. The 5freeway is a parking lot more then a freeway
Old 04-01-2017, 03:56 AM   #22
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
For an accurate reading on the mpg you need to reset it from time to time, or it will just continue to factor the new readings with the old...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:10 AM   #23
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
For an accurate reading on the mpg you need to reset it from time to time, or it will just continue to factor the new readings with the old...
Well injust remembered that I got gas the morning before. Soo I'm gona check that befor I do anything more...just remembered cars do that now....and my jobs boring enough to where I can just do whatever whenever for the most part
Old 04-01-2017, 06:19 AM   #24
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
Well injust remembered that I got gas the morning before. Soo I'm gona check that befor I do anything more...just remembered cars do that now....and my jobs boring enough to where I can just do whatever whenever for the most part
Bad gas typically won't cause a cel. You really should go to Autozone to get the cel code before taking it anywhere so you know what to expect. BTW do you have any thing on paper that shows the warranty is still in effect?
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #25
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Bad gas typically won't cause a cel. You really should go to Autozone to get the cel code before taking it anywhere so you know what to expect. BTW do you have any thing on paper that shows the warranty is still in effect?
I was referring to the gas cap. Phone is a nazi with its auto correct. I have nothing on paper about a warranty. Other then the place I bought the car looking it up and showing me its still covered and supercedes there warranty they tried to sell. And they have a 30 day one only for up to 50% of the coverage of cost.. Think ill just have to go to AutoZone 1st then the dealership. Near by my work. The original dealership I was going to go to by my house, on yelp has alot of really bad reviews about there service center along with reviews saying they refuse to honor factory power train warranty's. The cars original purchase date was 7/14/2012 has 24853 miles on it so it should more then meet Chevy,s standards for the factory powertrain warranty. There is 0 mods or aftermarket anything. Other then a few paint swirls and a scratch here and there I can't even find a drop of oil under the hood looks brand new. not new as in shine like they used armor all. Things spotless....im just confused and kinda afraid at this point. If its something bad and expensive I'm going to be out of a car and on a loan for it at the same time........... Coming from German cars mostly once a part brakes its normally thousands of bucks. Had a computer go bad on one Audi a4 for the transmission cost me 6k
Old 04-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #26
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
I live in commiefornia where you have no rights ex to a lawyer and a slow death. Ideal motors showed me its still under warranty with Chevy on powertrain and I have 2 months left on it soooo just going to wait tell they open at 9 and head there and see for my self. If not then I know a guy with a shop who wont f-me over.
What it does when at idle is studder every now and again or sounds like the fuels cutting out or it misfiring.
Leads me to think mass air flow sensor air temp sensor plugs coil packs.....could be from sitting and from non use from the last owner it has build up in the gas tank and it clogged up a injector......could be a number of things but the RPs don't sit still the needle bounces every now and again and the car studders very slightly

the GM warranty you have left isn't bumper to bumper, it's just on the powertrain. very seldom is a CEL a powertrain issue. usually, it's emissions related. some emmisions equipment have longer warranties, but that's mostly the cats. I wouldn't go in with the expectation it's covered, and if it's not, they'll probably charge you to diagnose it. I'd definitely go to auto zone or buy a cheap scanner to find out what's going on first. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts your going to get a code for small evap leak.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:12 AM   #27
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
the GM warranty you have left isn't bumper to bumper, it's just on the powertrain. very seldom is a CEL a powertrain issue. usually, it's emissions related. some emmisions equipment have longer warranties, but that's mostly the cats. I wouldn't go in with the expectation it's covered, and if it's not, they'll probably charge you to diagnose it. I'd definitely go to auto zone or buy a cheap scanner to find out what's going on first. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts your going to get a code for small evap leak.
Your 100% right p0442 code evap canister. Soo there telling me its probably just the hose but I have no clue where that would be located. Seams with 24564 miles it would be weird for that part to fail with so little miles? Sadly I got 100$ to my name so id have to wait tell Thursday morning at 1am when I get payed
Old 04-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #28
Restlessone

Drives: None
I'm sure you could find something on youtube about fixing or replacing evap canister. If you're broke you better learn to fix these things yourself.
Restlessone is offline   Reply With Quote