Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
pannhead51

Drives: 2SS convertible
I got this harness about a month ago. It's great... it makes everything the way it should have been from the factory.
pannhead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite-Right View Post
To answer another recent question:

When the headlight switch is in the AUTO position and it is daytime, the normal operation for the RS Package is to turn on the DRLs.

However.... if you have a Manual transmission, when the Parking Brake is ON, the DRLs are shut OFF.
Or.... if you have an Automatic transmission, when the tranny is in PARK, the DRLs are OFF.

The All-In-One Harness and the RS HALO + DRL Harness both use the DRL power feed to drive the Halo's during the day. As a result, the Halos operate EXACTLY like the DRLs do during daytime operation with the headlight switch in AUTO.

The AUTO mode of the RS Headlight package is a very convenient feature, and with the Lite-Right harnesses you can keep your headlight switch set the the AUTO setting all the time. (... and you don't have to drive around during the day with your side markers on because the headlight switch is in the PARK position to turn on the halos that way)

You simply configure the Controller module in the harness (via jumper settings) to independently control whether the Halos and DRLs are ON or OFF during the AUTO/Daytime mode, and whether the DRLs are ON or OFF during the AUTO/Nighttime mode.

Regards,

Keith
This is one feature I don't like with my current DRL + Halo harness (purchased last year elsewhere). Is there a way to configure your harness so that it will allow the Halos + DRLs to be ON if the light switch is in AUTO mode and the Parking Brake is ON on a manual during night and day time?

Quote:
Time for some Market Research on a new version of the All-In-One Harness that is optimized for use with aftermarket LED side markers (but especially the "ghosted" side markers)

Background:
=========
We've had several inquiries about using the All-In-One Harness with aftermarket LED side markers. There are two issues / concerns with operating aftermarket LED sidemarkers in dual-intensity mode:

1. When the LED front markers operate in low intensity mode at night as running lights, and the rears are operating in normal intensity mode, then the LED rear markers will be brighter than the front markers (except when the fronts are signaling a turn).

2. If the LED side markers are ghosted or tinted, they may not be bright enough when operated in low intensity mode.

The current version of the All-In-One harness is optimized for installations using the factory marker lights. The dual-intensity LED lights that are included with the All-In-One Harness have the same intensity as the factory rear markers during normal operation, and they are brighter than the rears when operating in high intensity mode to signal a turn.

Possible New Version of the All-In-One Harness:
====================================
If there is enough interest from Camaro5 members, we will develop a new version of the All-In-One Harness that would operate the front side markers as follows:

1. Daytime operation (side markers are normally OFF)
-------------------------------------------------
Front side markers Blink ON with full intensity when Turn Signals are active.
(this is how the existing version of the All-In-One Harness works)

2. Nighttime operation (side markers are normally ON in Full Intensity mode)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Front side markers Blink OFF when Turn Signals are active.

So, Please let us know if you'd be interested in this type of harness.
If there is enough interest, we will design it and bring it to the market this Spring

Pricing would be the same as the current All-In-One Harness.

Regards,

--Keith
Does this mean that only the front turn signal bulbs will flash (and NOT the front side markers) when the turn signal is engaged? If so, then wouldn't it negate the benefit of the dual-intensity mode which allows the front sidemarkers to act as turn signals?

I'd prefer a harness that would allow the front sidemarkers to act as turn signals AND be as bright as the rear sidemarkers even if they are aftermarket LED sidemarkers.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Lite-Right

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepton View Post
This is one feature I don't like with my current DRL + Halo harness (purchased last year elsewhere). Is there a way to configure your harness so that it will allow the Halos + DRLs to be ON if the light switch is in AUTO mode and the Parking Brake is ON on a manual during night and day time?

Klepton,

Sorry, but No -- the power signal that turns on the DRLs during the day is also used to power the Halos during the day, and when the Parking Brake is pulled, that power source is interrupted.

Does this mean that only the front turn signal bulbs will flash (and NOT the front side markers) when the turn signal is engaged? If so, then wouldn't it negate the benefit of the dual-intensity mode which allows the front sidemarkers to act as turn signals?

I'd prefer a harness that would allow the front sidemarkers to act as turn signals AND be as bright as the rear sidemarkers even if they are aftermarket LED sidemarkers.

No -- night time operation would be as follows:

1. When turn signals are not active, side marker is ON in full intensity mode as a Running light (standard factory behavior) and never shuts off.

2. When the front turn signal flashes ON, the front side marker operates in Low-Intensity Mode.. So basically the front side markers will be normally ON at night and will blink in low-intensity mode to signal a turn, while the front turn signals will be normall OFF at night and will blink ON momentarily to signal a turn.

I think this is what you are interested in, correct?

Thanks

--Keith

Last edited by Lite-Right; 02-19-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Lite-Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Klepton,

Sorry, but No -- the power signal that turns on the DRLs during the day is also used to power the Halos during the day, and when the Parking Brake is pulled, that power source is interrupted.
Ok, so it's not possible to configure your existing harness to allow this but can you build a harness that would?
Quote:
No -- night time operation would be as follows:

1. When turn signals are not active, side marker is ON in full intensity mode as a Running light (standard factory behavior) and never shuts off.

2. When the front turn signal flashes ON, the front side marker flashes OFF. So basically the front side markers will be normally ON at night and will blink OFF momentarily to signal a turn, while the front turn signals will be normally OFF at night and will blink ON momentarily to signal a turn.

I think this is what you are interested in, correct?

Thanks

--Keith
Ok, so this would cause a reverse flashing sequence between the front turn signals and the front sidemarkers, correct? So the turn signals would turn ON while the sidemarkers would turn OFF, then the turn signals would turn OFF while the sidemarkers would turn ON? However, when the fronts are ON they'll be as bright as the rears even for the case of aftermarket LED sidemarkers?
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #19
Lite-Right

Quote:
Ok, so it's not possible to configure your existing harness to allow this but can you build a harness that would?
Supporting such a capability would increase the cost of the harness for all customers, and we really haven't had any requests for this type of functionality before. If there is significant interest in this capability, it is something we would consider for a future version.

Quote:
, so this would cause a reverse flashing sequence between the front turn signals and the front sidemarkers, correct? So the turn signals would turn ON while the sidemarkers would turn OFF, then the turn signals would turn OFF while the sidemarkers would turn ON? However, when the fronts are ON they'll be as bright as the rears even for the case of aftermarket LED sidemarkers?
Correct on all accounts. You've described the operation of the LED Sidemarker version of the All-In-One Harness accurately.

Regards,

--Keith

Last edited by Lite-Right; 02-20-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #20
Lite-Right

UPDATE: We've had numerous PMs expressing interest in the LED Version of the All-In-One Harness and I am happy to report that development is nearly complete.

The current version of the All-In-One Harness is optimized for Camaro RS owners who plan to keep their current OEM sidemarkers. We will call it the "OEM Sidemarker" version. The OEM Sidemarker version includes dual-intensity LED bulbs that are inserted into the stock sidemarkers to turn them into dual-intensity running lights / turn signals, as described in detail in the first post of this thread.

The new version will be called the "LED Sidemarker" version of the All-In-One Harness. The LED Sidemarker version will also turn the front side markers into dual-mode running lights / turn signals.

During the day, they will be normally OFF, and they will Flash ON when the front turn signal lamp is ON.

At night, they will be normally ON, and they will Flash OFF when the front turn signal lamp is ON. (in other words, they will do an "inverse blink").

This new version will be ideal for RS owners with AAC or Showstopper LED Sidemarkers, including the Ghosted and Tinted versions.

Regards,

--Keith

Last edited by Lite-Right; 02-20-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Are you guys coming out to the SSCR at the end of the month? Maybe you can do an install demo on my car. . Worth a shot. :-)
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #22
Lite-Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Are you guys coming out to the SSCR at the end of the month? Maybe you can do an install demo on my car. . Worth a shot. :-)

PM Sent
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Thanks for the harness. Still don't believe how easy and quick the install was. These should fly off the shelf.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
Lite-Right

Enjoy it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Thanks for the harness. Still don't believe how easy and quick the install was. These should fly off the shelf.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #25
HP_atTheWheels

Drives: 06 Vette
just ordered mine, cant wait to get it installed
HP_atTheWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #26
Lite-Right

We received some questions regarding the install procedure for the All-In-One Harness, and whether or not it is necessary to remove the front fascia during the install. The answer is -- NO. Install is very straightforward and can typically be completed in less than 45 minutes.

I can install one in 15 - 20 minutes myself, but I have lots of practice !

Regards,

--Keith

P.S. I'm happy to report that the design of the new LED Sidemarker version of the All-In-One harness is complete and works as described in earlier thread. I'll be posting a video soon showing this new harness in operation.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #27
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

a little teaser

Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #28
Lite-Right

Here is a video that shows how the new LED Sidemarker Version of the All-In-One Harness operates. This harness will work exactly as shown in this video on RS Camaros that have aftermarket LED sidemarkers.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259419

--Keith